Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Greymoor furniture (PTS)

bluebird
bluebird
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi all, these are the furniture that are currently available on the Greymoor PTS for purchase through the Crown Store. Some of these can also be bought from the Home Goods furnishing vendor in Solitude, so many of these are probably crafted and in-game drops too, not just Crown-exclusives (like the awesome painintgs - patch notes suggest that Paintings will now drop from their respective zones' chests :smile:). I'm sure other more professional housing players will make a video showcase, but in the meantime and for people who prefer images for a quick overview, here are the Greymoor PTS furnishings available for purchase from the Editor.

Workshop:
g81z6s47lwl1.png

Structures, Courtyard, Miscellaneous, Hearth, Undercroft, Parlor:
6a05dy8anofu.png
6vsp8mwx7ar8.png
6l0qk4dtb6df.png

Dining:
jnv1roaw0cbc.png
9crox428cadc.png
o7j1hgdxmgj4.png

Lighting:
hql2yb4ndibt.png

Library:
7kee73mbys1n.png
n6flq6zmqfz6.png

Gallery: :heart:
q26ed496v4mt.png

Suite:
jlh9yywugwh0.png
i1xjkqg3u681.png
jrdg7dsichiq.png

Conservatory:
ac6vwcotj5qf.png

Vampire utility furniture:
The statue has 3 different toggle-able light effects (plus an off setting) and is a separate purchase on the Crown Store so it will probably be like all other statues (Kalgrontiid, Meridia, Sithiss, etc). The target dummy and the fountain are from the 'Furnishing Pack: Vampiric Libations' which is also a Crown Store purchase. The target dummy can be used to feed on, and increase your character's Vampire Stage. And the 'Basin of Loss' can be used to reduce your character's Vampire Stage.
7s2xviq0uvek.png

The new style we got are Solitude (basic and noble variants) and Vampire, as we can see. Other notable items are the awesome paintings, some general tools, and the vampire-specific utility furniture from the Crown Store. There will also be Antiquities furniture, and Achievement furniture, and stuff like a music box from the Bard's College, but these aren't available for direct purchase so they aren't included in the showcase - just to bear in mind, this isn't all the furniture in Greymoor! Which is your favourite? Are you happy with the new furniture? :blush:
  • TheStarfighter
    TheStarfighter
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting <3
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice to see some bookshelves already populated with books and the styles aren't so Nord that they couldn't be used in other housing styles. I'm also happy to see some more mirror styles.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is that a filled water trough? :smiley:

I think I was hoping, from the diagrams, that the furniture would be in the same type of wood (i.e. the same colour) as the Nord furniture, just a bit more refined in design.

The rugs are also a bit dark and dour.

The bread and bowls of food are very nice, though.

As are the Elsweyr paintings, obviously.

• MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could easily spend a year farming the elsweyr and skyrim paintings. They so eye catching!
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot of these items that look good outdoors, will work great in my Bandari trade camp housing I built in Northern Elswyer. The fish and meat drying racks already have a spot reserved.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    thank you for putting this together so beautifully!

Over all I am happy with the new furnishings. Lots of stuff that can be used in many ways- the wooden items have nice knotwork patterns that can be incorporated. And the benches aren´t bad as wall shelves either.
    I don´t get why the wodden stuff has such a used look though, like the mirror. The texture is well done though.
    Love the knotwork patterns!
    Love the Hearth items and meals!
    Love the paintings (and that they can drop from treasure chests!)
    The gothic style of the Vampire furniture I like as well.
    Bit undewhelmed by the conservatory items. I was hoping for Blackreach mushrooms and such. None at the achievement furnisher either.

My favourites may be the varieties of filled bookcases as well as the meals. And the filled trough.

I wonder when they will add master furnishing recipes though?
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    moonsister wrote: »
    thank you for putting this together so beautifully!

I don´t get why the wodden stuff has such a used look though, like the mirror. The texture is well done though.

I expect it suits the story line. Western Skyrim has been isolated and isn't welcoming to newcomers and since they are hostile to other lands then trading for goods is likely not very common save for illicit goods. It would be expected that their furniture is made locally and is time worn and simple. At least that's how I read it anyway just based on the few quests I did last night.

• Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now we need that BIG paintings for every zone
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the painting wall! I really wanted to see those :smiley:
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I actually missed these Library Desks in my post:
    0u6337bzzd9z.png
    Also, for some reason, the Vampire style desk (and matching dresser) strikes me as incredibly anachronistic. I feel like I'm 'getting' the vibe of the other furniture and where the artists were going with it, but that desk strikes me as something that should come centuries later? I can't put me finger on it, and I'm not a furniture expert, but something definitely feels off... Maybe it's just me. :lol:
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Is that a filled water trough? :smiley:
    It is indeed! :wink: There is both an empty and a filled one! Though I will probably use it mostly as a flower planter, since it's a nice and wide wooden box, and we're still missing planters... *wiggles eyebrows at ZOS suggestively*
    moonsister wrote: »
    My favourites may be the varieties of filled bookcases as well as the meals. And the filled trough.
    Yes, they really added a lot of pre-filled bookshelf options this time around! It's really nice they keep doing that since we've only had like 3-4 of those before the Chapters started adding pre-filled shelves. It saves tons of slots! :blush:
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping we still have a chance at seeing structure blocks before the end of pts
    dr0aafj49nvn.jpeg
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird thank so much for this post😊.

I am very excited about these furnishings
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    0u6337bzzd9z.png
    Also, for some reason, the Vampire style desk (and matching dresser) strikes me as incredibly anachronistic. I feel like I'm 'getting' the vibe of the other furniture and where the artists were going with it, but that desk strikes me as something that should come centuries later? I can't put me finger on it, and I'm not a furniture expert, but something definitely feels off... Maybe it's just me. :lol:

The Vampiric furnishings have a kind of late Edwardian/Art Deco (more the latter, in the case of this desk) look about them.

Which I guess works if you are slyly referencing the Dracula film, which was made in 1931.

Quite a lot of the game's furnishings have a 1930s/1940s look to them.

The Alinor stuff looks very pre-war, to the extent that my bf referred to my Alinor Townhouse dining room as "The War Room". as it looks like something Churchill and his cabinet would have sat around, during WWII. :lol:

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    0u6337bzzd9z.png

The Vampiric furnishings have a kind of late Edwardian/Art Deco (more the latter, in the case of this desk) look about them.

Which I guess works if you are slyly referencing the Dracula film, which was made in 1931.

The Alinor stuff looks very pre-war, to the extent that my bf referred to my Alinor Townhouse dining room as "The War Room". as it looks like something Churchill and his cabinet would have sat around, during WWII. :lol:
    Interesting! :smiley: I don't know much about Churchill, but revival style furniture were quite popular in the 18th and 19th centuries which could have indeed resulted in nobles, public buildings and people of means to have antiques sitting around even in the 20th century!

Funny you brought up Alinor, I think that many of the Vampire style furniture are edging on the same 'Gothic revival' or 'Tudor' vibe. The Tudor-esque bed and cabinet image below for example seems very close to the Vampire bed and cabinet (top) ingame. On the other hand the spires and arch motifs on some other pieces like the chair and wardrobes lean more toward gothic, so I think Vampire and Alinor are perhaps too similar even! I'm not sure why they went with a dark wood colour, perhaps a black lacquer finish would have helped Vampire stand out from Alinor while boosting its evil stylishness. :smile:

e54f53471ec9cc64b6b80e3fefc1bd8d.jpg
    10da0537fe97b2183abc1393fa760f11.jpg

In the case of the odd desk and dresser, I think it's the particular drawer handle combined with the curved drawers themselves and the smoothness of the wood that makes them stand out from everything else. It's too simple and curved to fit in with the other 'medievalesque' pieces, and the handle shape seems like a far newer style. I really wish I knew what the artist based the design on, because it's really bugging me :lol: If there's any art historian or interior designer on the forums, please enlighten me, lol!
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an abundance of wooden furniture this time. Some of them are very nice, but I hope very much that there will be some stone items, structural items and blackreach flora (mushrooms, glowy corals) added before launch.
    PC/EU
  • Caelc
    Caelc
    ✭✭✭
    There's an abundance of wooden furniture this time. Some of them are very nice, but I hope very much that there will be some stone items, structural items and blackreach flora (mushrooms, glowy corals) added before launch.

the thing is, people got mad there was no new plans when dragonhold came out. Zos said they listened.

I have no doubt Zos is going the lazy route and while we want more, they are going to split up the current plans and have half come out now and half during q3 instead of all of them now, and new and exciting ones in q3.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't found any nordic gray stone building blocks like such limestone and sandstone what was included in Elsweyr and Summerset, did I miss them? Or they just in blueprints?
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't found any nordic gray stone building blocks like such limestone and sandstone what was included in Elsweyr and Summerset, did I miss them? Or they just in blueprints?
    Same. I found no structural items (apart from 2 the twig fences and 1 vampire column in the pictures). None on the home goods vendor, none in the Crown Store... I don't think there will be any crafting only ones either.
    Caelc wrote: »
    I have no doubt Zos is going the lazy route and while we want more, they are going to split up the current plans and have half come out now and half during q3 instead of all of them now, and new and exciting ones in q3.
    I'm also afraid they will do that, if we are ever getting any new structurals. The disclaimer about some of the furnishings being under development probably just refers to the textures and effects, it's unlikely that they will add any new furnishing in the next weeks' PTS cycles - what we see now is what we get for Greymoor (just without the bugs ofc).

So... the earliest we're looking at is the Q3 Dungeon DLC (last year we got some platforms added during that patch), and maaaaaybe some for Q4? Otherwise it would be a total shame, not to get any new structurals when Elsweyr got a whole bunch of them! I'd much rather have have some of the very nice gray Solitude stone texture structures - just 2 fences, 2 walls and 2 platforms at the very least - than 6 very similar basic wooden benches and a mountain of different empty bookshelves that we got (that almost nobody will use anyway). :confused:

Ah well... fingers crossed for Q3 and Q4 then... they seemed to have blown their furniture budget on the Aniquities, lol.
    Edited by bluebird on April 23, 2020 8:08PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    0u6337bzzd9z.png

Interesting! :smiley: I don't know much about Churchill, but revival style furniture were quite popular in the 18th and 19th centuries which could have indeed resulted in nobles, public buildings and people of means to have antiques sitting around even in the 20th century!

Funny you brought up Alinor, I think that many of the Vampire style furniture are edging on the same 'Gothic revival' or 'Tudor' vibe. The Tudor-esque bed and cabinet image below for example seems very close to the Vampire bed and cabinet (top) ingame. On the other hand the spires and arch motifs on some other pieces like the chair and wardrobes lean more toward gothic, so I think Vampire and Alinor are perhaps too similar even! I'm not sure why they went with a dark wood colour, perhaps a black lacquer finish would have helped Vampire stand out from Alinor while boosting its evil stylishness. :smile:

Yes, that's the kind of era/style Alinor, especially, reminds me of.

Although, less ornate examples, obviously.

To me, the Vampiric is leaning more towards Deco, though, as I say.

It's sleeker, smoother, sharper and more minimal and the wood used is lighter (more like a walnut*).

You're probably right about the very dark wood colour being more appropriate for Vampires.

However, I saw some threads asking for Vampire furniture and they were dated 2018.

By then, Summerset would have already been out, so they were already committed to the dark wood for that and probably thought more dark, spiky, stuff for Vampiric really would be too samey.

Personally, I prefer the walnut, but then I won't really be going for a Vampire theme, myself, so walnut will be more versatile.

In the case of the odd desk and dresser, I think it's the particular drawer handle combined with the curved drawers themselves and the smoothness of the wood that makes them stand out from everything else. It's too simple and curved to fit in with the other 'medievalesque' pieces, and the handle shape seems like a far newer style. I really wish I knew what the artist based the design on, because it's really bugging me :lol: If there's any art historian or interior designer on the forums, please enlighten me, lol!

The Vampiric Dresser, Polished (with the serpentine front) is definitely moving into early Art Deco territory.

You can obviously have that serpentine shape with earlier (including far earlier) styles, but combined with the relative minimalism, that's definitely Deco. :smile:

I think the idea will have been that you don't tend to have furniture that is all from one exact era, do you?

Most people collect it over a few years, maybe.

So, say it is 1931, even if all your furniture was bought new (and within a generation, or two), you would probably have stuff ranging from, at least, the late 1800s, to 1930, in your home.

As some you might have bought earlier, some might be inherited from your parents and some might have been bought recently.

So, it's not really that strange, I guess.

* Although it looks redder - more like a mahogany - in your pics.
    Edited by Tigerseye on April 24, 2020 6:59PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    0u6337bzzd9z.png

Yes, that's the kind of era/style Alinor, especially, reminds me of.
    Although, less ornate examples, obviously.

To me, the Vampiric is leaning more towards Deco, though, as I say.
    It's sleeker, smoother, sharper and more minimal and the wood used is lighter (more like a walnut*).

You're probably right about the very dark wood colour being more appropriate for Vampires.
    However, I saw some threads asking for Vampire furniture and they were dated 2018.
    By then, Summerset would have already been out, so they were already committed to the dark wood for that and probably thought more dark, spiky, stuff for Vampiric really would be too samey.

Personally, I prefer the walnut, but then I won't really be going for a Vampire theme, myself, so walnut will be more versatile.
    The Vampiric Dresser, Polished (with the serpentine front) is definitely moving into early Art Deco territory.
    You can obviously have that serpentine shape with earlier (including far earlier) styles, but combined with the relative minimalism, that's definitely Deco. :smile:

I think the idea will have been that you don't tend to have furniture that is all from one exact era, do you?
    Most people collect it over a few years, maybe.

So, say it is 1931, even if all your furniture was bought new (and within a generation, or two), you would probably have stuff ranging from, at least, the late 1800s, to 1930, in your home.

As some you might have bought earlier, some might be inherited from your parents and some might have been bought recently.

So, it's not really that strange, I guess.
    * Although it looks redder - more like a mahogany - in your pics.
    This is going to go into a bit of a tangent, so I'll post most pictures behind spoiler tags. :smile:

I'm by no means a furniture expert, and as I said, I'm not familiar with British customs when it comes to furniture, and perhaps we're also using different terminology over here, but that isn't something I would call Art Deco. The desk isn't exactly serpentine, it's just a rectilinear desk with column legs, with curved drawers. It is the columns mostly that (to me at least) belie Art Deco. The other 'odd' piece, the dresser with the curved drawers also doesn't seem serpentine in the traditional sense, but rather has three protruding curved drawers that could at most be a breakfront, but is still pretty rectilinear.

When it comes to the other Vampire furniture, the issue of pinning down their style is that there were plenty of revival styles. So styles that have medieval/gothic influences can range from Chippendale, to Regency, to Victorian, to the Aesthetic movement. :confused: In a lot of other instances it is immediately clear what the ESO design team was going for. When you google 'Gothic furniture' you'll basically find the inspiration behind Alinor furniture (and some Vampire ones like the spiky bench and chair and other pieces with the arch motif).
    1-1920x1080-80f247d225db182a706b3843800e148e.png
    Screen-Shot-2016-09-18-at-5.00.55-PM.png
    22174401_1_x.jpg?auto=webp&format=pjpg&version=1&width=512
    Ex7878quisite-French-Gothic-Throne-Chair-Magnificent-pic-1A-2048%3A10.10-834-f.jpg
    Most of the listed 'Gothic' furniture will be much later revival styles of course, not the genuine thing, but it still illustrates the style direction that the Alinor pieces were going for.
    With the majority of Vampire furniture, they tried to go into a more generic 'Medieval' direction - could be Tudor if we want o go with British examples - but they blurred the line quite a bit with Gothic, and those few curved pieces are just straight up out of place. So if we Google 'Medieval furniture' we'll see some of the flatter less spiky Vampire inspirations. The iron banded chests for example are a typical medieval piece, even if there are some newer styles mixed in there with some Vampire pieces.
    Photo-1-YGA-New.jpg
    This is almost a dead ringer for the Vampire bed (no pun intended) :smiley:
    jacobean-era-jacobean-architecture-elizabethan-and-jacobean-furniture-table-cupboard.jpg
    Vampire cupboard is similar, but has handles and has less detail which would be lost ingame.
    Regal_Antique_French_Gothic_Medieval_Bed_Walnut_1920s_9__41634.1527168000.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
    273_51_1462462376_image.jpg
    And much of the Alinor-Vampire confusion results from the usage of the spikes and this arch motif (which is a Gothic giveaway) on a few Vampire furniture too, muddying the waters even more.
    So yeah, Vampire is probably trying to go for one of the Revival styles, but the range of the pieces is a bit broad, and there is quite a bit of overlap with Alinor's Gothic vibe.

You're right of course that most households - especially the noble variety - would have many antiques resulting in a furniture collection with no single style. :smile: It's just odd, that of all things ingame it's the Vampire style that has newer designs when Solitude is so very clearly medieval 'Viking' style. One would think that centuries-old creatures of darkness living in a dark gothic cathedral would have more antique vibes, not less! :smiley:
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I was referring specifically to the serpentine dresser, when I said "definitely Deco".

Not to the desk.

I wouldn't call the desk Art Deco, exactly, just moving in that general direction, relative to the Alinor stuff (which really isn't).

I don't class myself as an antiques expert, personally, but I do think most people would call that dresser serpentine, here.

Or what I saw of it in a video, anyway.

My dad was an art and antiques dealer (he had a gallery and shop and provided stuff for film studios and TV shows, here), so even though he died soon after I was born, I grew up around other people who were/had been in the trade as well.

So, I inevitably grew up with these terms being bandied about, lol.

The thing is that these styles aren't always clear cut.

Not everything is precisely one style, or the other.

Things don't always just suddenly change and there are, obviously, styles that coexisted and/or more conservative versions of a popular style (for the less adventurous!), or sort of hybrid styles that bridged gaps between one style and the next.

They feel as though they would still be from roughly the same general era, though.

Turn of the last century, until about the 1930s/early 1940s.

I don't really see a similarity between most of your examples and the Vampiric furnishings, to be honest.

Maybe we just notice different things?

Or maybe I will change my mind, when I see it in person, as oposed to just in pics?
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 5, 2020 2:31AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They feel as though they would still be from roughly the same general era, though.

I don't really see a similarity between most of your examples and the Vampiric furnishings, to be honest.
    Do you have any visual references for that era? Not that I wouldn't take you at your word, but it might be a British-specific style that I haven't seen before! Or maybe Britain was still using older styles in the 20th century? It may have been the last leg of Victorian perhaps which had a lot of revival features.
    As I said, I'm also not familiar with British customs and perhaps terminology, so we might be thinking of the same things, just using different terms. :smile: For example what we would call serpentine are furniture that curve like an S back and forth.
    worboysantiques-1298656.jpg
    1413_1450505.jpg
    dsc_0118.jpg
    The images I linked were to illustrate the shapes - arches either as motifs on the furniture or in its shape itself are definitely Gothic (Neo-Gothic, Gothic Revival any style that draws on that era which can be Victorian, Aesthetic Movement, Chippendale, etc.). Most Vampire furniture have arches. Unless you know of some other style which would use these kind of silhouettes and motifs, I think Gothicesque is an accurate descriptor.

The medieval vibe of most Vamp furniture to me comes from their solid durable builds, their simplistic colour and materials, and the lack of decor other than rudimentary woodcarving. The absence of newer stylistic features like scalloping, gilding, inlays, different coloured woods, glass, a particular leg shape, an exuberance of delicate carvings, or fabrics suggest that they were aiming for a more pared back older style. And if furniture in Britain still looked like that in the last century, it's likely because they were emulating a medieval style.
    gy4li871cvd9.png
    The lack of stylistic cohesion comes in with the 'newer style' furniture we discussed. The angles, spikes, and arches on some Vampire furniture put them in the 'older revival style with definitely Gothic elements' camp, while the smooth, unadorned wood and sculpted columns on the others do not. The logical evolution of the small Vampire table for example would surely be a larger Vampire table with tiny spikes and a carved arch on solid wood sides, not a smooth wood table with polished columns.

They may have been deliberately going for a more eclectic style, it's just an odd choice for a 'Vampire'. But you're probably right in pointing out hybrid irl furniture, and the most likely explanation is that the ingame artists also weren't drawing from just one era. That might be why some parts of the furniture seem contradictory. I suppose I shouldn't look for a real life equivalent, I was just really curious about the inspiration!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Do you have any visual references for that era? Not that I wouldn't take you at your word, but it might be a British-specific style that I haven't seen before! Or maybe Britain was still using older styles in the 20th century? It may have been the last leg of Victorian perhaps which had a lot of revival features.
    As I said, I'm also not familiar with British customs and perhaps terminology, so we might be thinking of the same things, just using different terms. :smile: For example what we would call serpentine are furniture that curve like an S back and forth.
    worboysantiques-1298656.jpg
    1413_1450505.jpg
    dsc_0118.jpg
    The images I linked were to illustrate the shapes - arches either as motifs on the furniture or in its shape itself are definitely Gothic (Neo-Gothic, Gothic Revival any style that draws on that era which can be Victorian, Aesthetic Movement, Chippendale, etc.). Most Vampire furniture have arches. Unless you know of some other style which would use these kind of silhouettes and motifs, I think Gothicesque is an accurate descriptor.

The medieval vibe of most Vamp furniture to me comes from their solid durable builds, their simplistic colour and materials, and the lack of decor other than rudimentary woodcarving. The absence of newer stylistic features like scalloping, gilding, inlays, different coloured woods, glass, a particular leg shape, an exuberance of delicate carvings, or fabrics suggest that they were aiming for a more pared back older style. And if furniture in Britain still looked like that in the last century, it's likely because they were emulating a medieval style.
    gy4li871cvd9.png
    The lack of stylistic cohesion comes in with the 'newer style' furniture we discussed. The angles, spikes, and arches on some Vampire furniture put them in the 'older revival style with definitely Gothic elements' camp, while the smooth, unadorned wood and sculpted columns on the others do not. The logical evolution of the small Vampire table for example would surely be a larger Vampire table with tiny spikes and a carved arch on solid wood sides, not a smooth wood table with polished columns.

They may have been deliberately going for a more eclectic style, it's just an odd choice for a 'Vampire'. But you're probably right in pointing out hybrid irl furniture, and the most likely explanation is that the ingame artists also weren't drawing from just one era. That might be why some parts of the furniture seem contradictory. I suppose I shouldn't look for a real life equivalent, I was just really curious about the inspiration!

That is what we would call serpentine, here, too - like a snake, basically.

It's weird, when I saw that dresser, in the Crown Store page, in a video, it looked like it curved in a Serpentine way, but in your pic, I agree it doesn't look like that.

So, I would agree with you that it isn't.

Anyway, yes, I would say the Vampiric looks Edwardian to, say, 1920s, or 1930s, maybe?

Regardless of the exact shape of the front of that dresser.

It doesn't look (genuinely) older, to me, is my main point.

Same with the Alinor, which looks kind of pre-war, to both me and also bf (apparently), hence his "The War Room" reference, with the Townhouse dining room!

Yes, I totally see what you're saying, I just don't really see the Vampiric in quite the same way as you do, I don't think?

I see what you are saying about Gothic style arches, of course, but to me it screams Edwardian/early Deco era far more than it screams Gothic.

...and I don't just mean the pared back pieces, here.

This is partly why I can understand why you would be annoyed with it, as it is a very restrained and genteel version of Vampire, if it is Vampirish, at all.

That makes me like it more, if anything.

As it makes it more versatile than something more obviously gothic and I am kind of itching to make an early 20th century gentlemen's club, now. :lol:

Even if that will be hard, with no toffee coloured, leather upholstered Chesterfield sofas and chairs (hint, hint, @ZOS!)...

However, that is also why I get why you are so disappointed.

...but, again, I haven't seen the Vampiric in the flesh and that dresser looked slightly different to me, in a video, for some reason (it was turning fast, so I had to freeze it at an angle).

All this is just based on what I have seen in screenshots and videos, so I should probably just shut-up, now, until I have seen it in the flesh.

Otherwise, I may well be missing something else, for all I know?

After all, the Solitude stuff looked slightly different (better) in person, so this may look different, too.
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 5, 2020 11:29AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway, yes, I would say the Vampiric looks Edwardian to, say, 1920s, or 1930s, maybe?
    It doesn't look (genuinely) older, to me, is my main point.

Same with the Alinor, which looks kind of pre-war, to both me and also bf (apparently), hence his "The War Room" reference, with the Townhouse dining room!

Yes, I totally see what you're saying, I just don't really see the Vampiric in quite the same way as you do, I don't think? I see what you are saying about Gothic style arches, of course, but to me it screams Edwardian/early Deco era far more than it screams Gothic.

[...]

All this is just based on what I have seen in screenshots and videos, so I should probably just shut-up, now, until I have seen it in the flesh. Otherwise, I may well be missing something else, for all I know? After all, the Solitude stuff looked slightly different (better) in person, so this may look different, too.
    I knew England liked historicized art - as the number of faux-Gothic buildings like Pancras station or your Houses of Parliament suggests - but the furniture topic is quite unknown to me! Britain must have been a wild lawless place then for Neo-Gothic motifs to coexist with Art Deco :smiley: Guess I should browse more British Antiquities catalogues!

And by all means, no need to shut up at all, this is a dedicated topic about furniture specifically so we can be as nitpicky as we like here. :wink: And yes, furniture often look better or at least clearer in person than images and videos for sure! The resolution of the textures in Proudspire is positively drool-worthy ingame!

The reason I'm conflicted is that I searched for the inspiration behind the Vampire furniture, even going through pages upon pages of 20th century Antiquity dealer sites, but couldn't find what I was looking for. Edwardian, which granted I'm really not familiar with, also shows different results and is described as 'largely influenced by the Baroque and Empire styles, as well as Art Nouveau and the Arts and Crafts movement. [...] Arts and Crafts furniture was made from wood, oak was particularly popular, these pieces were handmade and often featured cut out upside down hearts and copper and leather straps. Colours were generally creams, yellows, greens and terracotta’s' or 'A typical Edwardian interior was something new and cheerful. Fresh and light colours composed most of the interiors in UK in this period. It saw the beginning of a deviation from the formal to informal. Furnitures started being made of bamboo and wicker. They were made in various styles which included baroque, rococo and empire.'

That might not cover the whole range of Edwardian of course, it's just that I really did look for examples across styles as obscure as William and Mary to famous ones like Victorian, but nothing was a conclusive match, apart from the historic revival elements which were used in many styles over the centuries. Ah well, one day I'll find a picture, you won't elude me forever, you Vampire style, you! Lol.
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry if I don't post in the right place ...
    It seems to me that someone had already said that there was no new furniture available for vouchers.
    I checked again this morning on the PTS and there is still nothing new. Do we know if furniture in vouchers is planned at the release of Greymoor or if we will have to wait? :'(
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mysanne wrote: »
    It seems to me that someone had already said that there was no new furniture available for vouchers.
    I checked again this morning on the PTS and there is still nothing new. Do we know if furniture in vouchers is planned at the release of Greymoor or if we will have to wait? :'(

New voucher furnishing plans have typically been released with the dungeon DLCs, since we tend to get a lot of regular furnishing plans with the chapter, and before Dragonhold, with the Q4 story DLC. So, expect them next quarter. We just got new ones in Q1.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Mysanne wrote: »

New voucher furnishing plans have typically been released with the dungeon DLCs, since we tend to get a lot of regular furnishing plans with the chapter, and before Dragonhold, with the Q4 story DLC. So, expect them next quarter. We just got new ones in Q1.
    Yes, that would be my guess too.
    What I really do miss though are structural items. :frowning:

When Summerset and Elsweyr came out, they had plenty of fences, walls, stairs, etc. as part of the Chapter.
    Greymoor has one column and one wicker fence... that's it.
    No grey stone floors, walls, fences, etc. A total shame because the Solitude textures are great! :confused: