Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New enchantment crafting guide.

senseisoulsb16_ESO
I've searched for a good enchantment crafting guide.
but the most i could find where outdated mostly before the introduction of champion points and the changes it made to the enchantment craft system
So i decided to make one myself and here is the result:

I hope other players like it and also like to hear comments about it.
  • senseisoulsb16_ESO
    the link is hidden in the last line of the discussion also you can find it in this reply .

http://www.senseisouls.nl/eso-enchanting/

• senseisoulsb16_ESO
    119 views and no reactions. i'd would like to hear some thoughts or comments on it. i hope you all like it.
  • ricklaverd
    ricklaverd
    ✭✭✭
    hi.i liked the guide ..the only this is that it was too zoomed in so i had to to zoom out to 70%to too the enchant when i hovered over them.btw when ppl say nothing its mostly a good thing lol
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    www.sunshine-daydream.org/craft-enchanting.html is far newer than those others you're mentioning although I've not updated it in quite a while and can't promise it's still 100% accurate. Lately my energy has gone into the alchemy changes and their effect on my guides.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I like sunshine better. My go to site when leveling up a new toon. :)
  • Kebabkruncher
    Kebabkruncher
    Soul Shriven
    Looks great, and well thought out
    Been here since day 1, and still have lots to learn!
  • senseisoulsb16_ESO
    ricklaverd wrote: »
    hi.i liked the guide ..the only this is that it was too zoomed in so i had to to zoom out to 70%to too the enchant when i hovered over them.btw when ppl say nothing its mostly a good thing lol

thanks for you're comment.

I think you're talking about the screenshots from the glyphes. I took all the screenshots ingame en only cut it .
    I don't know what is the cause of the "zooming"

do you view the page mobile or on desktop?
    since I make my pages how they look on the desktop rather than mobile.

But i find it very fine you like it.
    Edited by senseisoulsb16_ESO on May 24, 2020 11:16AM
  • senseisoulsb16_ESO
    Looks great, and well thought out

thank you,

one of the reasons i wanted to make my own version is just that.
    I wanted to make something different and still clear than just tables and straight text.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    119 views and no reactions. i'd would like to hear some thoughts or comments on it. i hope you all like it.

(cough cough).
    Here's a couple of (critical) comments that I hope you'll consider constructive.

- Guide starts with "Enchanting is the crafting where you can create glyphs from runes to enhance you’re gear. ".
    (The internet is full of guides about anything and everything. It's often hard to tell if it's worth reading through, and one that starts with such a huge grammar mistake will fall, in my eyes, in the "not worth it" category).

- Then we have "runes can be gathered from nodes, runestones called found all over in the world"
    1/ Again, grammar and phrasing, please. (I understand you're Dutch and english is not your native language, but you can always ask someone to proof-read your stuff).
    2/ What does a rune stone look like in the world ? A picture would be welcome here.
    3/ Also, have you ever found an Hakeijo in a rune stone in the world ? No, of course. A guide needs to be precise and exhaustive.

- A list of the glyphs that can be crafted with their effects is missing.

- In ESO, purple colored items are not called "artifact" but "epic".

- "extraction works a lot faster than creation especially if you use crafted glyphs made by other players. "
    How much quicker ? Precision is what gives added value to your guide.

Also, technically, your HTML/CSS isn't adaptative (or not adaptative enough), pop-up images to the right are outside of the screen. At least, of my screen (1080p desktop).

I always welcome people who take time to create stuff to share and help others. It's a pity if it's made in a way that could discourage the potential audience.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on May 24, 2020 1:20PM
  • senseisoulsb16_ESO
    Tevalaur,
    The sites i've seen before on enchanting are the ones I get when i google on it.
    since I'm from Europe and not the US, i get the general sites on the subject and the ones everyone viewed in years.

I checked out you're page. found some things i can use on my own page, thanks for that.
    but also I found things I didn't like. especially on the looks.

overall i made this discussion/post to introduce my site and to hear how others think about it.
    also my own version of a aclhemy guide is coming up.
    allthough not finished yet it can be seen here:

http://www.senseisouls.nl/eso-alchemy

• Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @anitajoneb17_ESO Actually while that's true for most (particularly equipment) crafts, that is not true for enchanting which does identify Rekuta as the rune to make artifact glyphs. (see the skill line description for investing the skill point or the actual translation of the Rekuta glyph). Aside from that I'd have to agree with several of your points.

@senseisoulsb16_ESO I misread the initial post at a glance at a very late hour. When I posted a link to my guide I thought you were looking for info that was more up-to-date and only making your guide because there didn't seem to be any accurate ones out there currently. Please do not take things from my work to "use on my own page, thanks for that" without properly attributing me as the author of the original content. I'm sorry you don't like the looks of my site, have fun out there.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    @anitajoneb17_ESO Actually while that's true for most (particularly equipment) crafts, that is not true for enchanting which does identify Rekuta as the rune to make artifact glyphs. (see the skill line description for investing the skill point or the actual translation of the Rekuta glyph). Aside from that I'd have to agree with several of your points.

Is it ? My bad, then. But then I'll consider this a mistake by ZOS, because the stages normal/fine/superior/epic/legendary and the related vocabulary is otherwise consistent throughout ESO - if not straight throughout all Elder Scrolls games.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on May 24, 2020 1:21PM
  • senseisoulsb16_ESO
    @anitajoneb17_ESO

thank for you're comments.

I already , made some changes to my site:

Changed my first lines of the site. I believe it now in better grammar

"2/ What does a rune stone look like in the world ? A picture would be welcome here"
    There is already a picture of a runestone on the site. directly under this line.

"3/ Also, have you ever found an Hakeijo in a rune stone in the world ? No, of course. A guide needs to be precise and exhaustive."
    put an extra line of text in to explain where to find them. I'm a casual player and play litle PVP .

"- A list of the glyphs that can be crafted with their effects is missing."
    the list is already there although not in clear sight. I added extra lines of text explaining that you can hover over the runes and glyphes to get the popups/tooltips for info. "

"Also, technically, your HTML/CSS isn't adaptative (or not adaptative enough), pop-up images to the right are outside of the screen. At least, of my screen (1080p desktop)"
    the site is made with wordpress and some plugins
    I use a plugin called elementor a wyswyg plugin ,
    and several other that adds extra widget for use in elementor plugin.
    on my 1080p screen it just looks fine. no popups outside screen.

"- "extraction works a lot faster than creation especially if you use crafted glyphs made by other players. "
    How much quicker ? Precision is what gives added value to your guide."

precision can be good yes . but also i don't want to swamp the guide with extensive amount of numbers and tables.
    I want it to be a basic guide . not a deep extensive guide with every info there is.
    To much info can also put of some viewers in my vision.

@Tevalaur
    I've done some thinking and decided not to take things from you're work to ad to my site.
    I agree it is not right to use you're effort for my site without referring to you .
    at the same time i don't want to put any links up on my site to guides of other sites. so that's why i decided to not ad you're work on my site.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've searched for a good enchantment crafting guide.
    but the most i could find where outdated mostly before the introduction of champion points and the changes it made to the enchantment craft system

What changes were those? I don't recall any.
  • senseisoulsb16_ESO
    when champion points where introduced , they made some changes.
    before the champion points , above level 50 you had a number of veteran ranks/levels up to level 14 veteran.

those veteran ranks where removed when champion points where introduced.
    The high level potency runes changed also with it to fit the champion points system.

curently max gear can be worn at CP160.

Also before the introduction of champion points the nodes where you harvest the runes from . where type based.
    Meaning that the runestones only held one rune type. you could see on the colour of the rune stone what type it holds when you looted it.
    they changed the runestone node to have now a red glow and that it can give several different type of runes when you loot it.
    I find it a very good improvement. you can no better gather materials for enchanting than in the beginning of eso where you really need to look out for.

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First off, nice site. Like the look of it.
    But, just curious????
    I know you said you are in EU, but Champion Point change came with One Tamriel. That was over 5 years ago. (01/2015).
    There are a TON of guides out there, especially in last 5 years.
    Sunshine Daydream, MissBizz, Alcast, and many more have very detailed crafting sites.

And at the time, with 1T, the enchanting didn't see that many changes, not near like provisioning got, or alchemy to a little lesser extent.
    (And IRC, Vet went to V16 as it translated to 10CP=1 vet, V16=CP160)

Not ditching your post, just confused at timing as enchanting been the same now for a long time.
    Good Luck with your site. It does look cool. But still love Teva's, Bizz and Alcast.
    My 2 drakes....
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • senseisoulsb16_ESO
    true, changes where introduced 5 years ago.

I can agree for a part with you. yes there are good sites out there.
    I think one part of the cause is google. he gives me the old sites like tamriel journal first wich are quite outdated.

Miss bizz has a good video on it yes.
    Alcast guide is straight to the point. wich is okay .

Sunshine daydream. before his post on my topic. i never heard of and well I find his site to extensive an also not easy to read with the background it has.

maybe i had to start this topic a litle different.