Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Large guilds go away.

Sheuib
Sheuib
✭✭✭✭
This is on the PC NA Standard campaign. This is the campaign that typically has a low population. Those of us that have been playing on that campaign for years like it that way. The performance is much better and the fights are great. However, for the last few months large guild groups have been coming into the campaign and destroying the place. They have also been bringing the same lag you see on the populated campaigns.

I am not talking about a 12 man group either. I am talking about 2 full raid groups of people usually fighting maybe 10 people and the numbers are getting smaller. The people that have been playing in that campaign for years aren't going to stay. If we have to suffer the large population lag we will at least go to a campaign that the numbers are even.

I have seen this before on the low population campaign. All you will accomplish is destroying the campaign. You will end up having no one to fight and find yourself having to switch alliances just to flip the map so you can flip it back. You will finally leave because it is a "dead" campaign which you created but don't realize it's your fault.

I know this post is probably pointless because these guilds won't stop until they destroy the campaign. But, I feel that it should be documented just for the "I told you so" factor.
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    This is on the PC NA Standard campaign. This is the campaign that typically has a low population. Those of us that have been playing on that campaign for years like it that way. The performance is much better and the fights are great. However, for the last few months large guild groups have been coming into the campaign and destroying the place.

I am not talking about a 12 man group either. I am talking about 2 full raid groups of people usually fighting maybe 10 people and the numbers are getting smaller.

Which guilds are there that you would like to move out? Are they just PVE guilds?
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip] is now playing during the day running 2 raids they lag the sever so bad with their ulti dumps it feels like prime time.

[edited for name-and-shame]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 20, 2020 12:25PM
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    [snip] is now playing during the day running 2 raids they lag the sever so bad with their ulti dumps it feels like prime time.

So what you mean is that EP actually has someone to fight against during the day. Poplocked EP to 1 bar dc and 1 bar ad is not good for the server. EP does it during the day (Day Cappers) and AD does it at Night (Night Cappers) neither is good for the server.

Good for [snip] bringing players to play during the day and help even out the populations. Isn't this what you want to actually pvp and not pvdoor? Now stacking 2 guilds everywhere is stupid and everyone should try and spread out. EP is still the worst at stacking guilds in the same location.

But all that is irrelevant to this post as he is talking about Blackreach and not Grayhost.

[edited for name-and-shame]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 20, 2020 12:26PM
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am talking about Blackreach. I just couldn't remember the name of the campaign when I wrote the post.

I don't want to name guilds because then it gets edited.

Take last night for example. All factions were at 2 bars and we were having good fights all over the map. Some we won some we lost.

Then out of nowhere DC becomes pop locked and a large DC zerg starts running the map. Of course both AD and EP just log out because there is no way to even have a descent losing fight against that. And, this is getting to be a nightly thing. Not always DC but I think it is the same people.

My friends and I are already talking about going to the No CP campaign. They seem to have pretty even population most of the time.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    point is stop map zerging.. I AGREE
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is correct I watched a whole RED BG get ported out to main campaign because they were in (Q) after they created latency issues for everyone on the server. However blue had a large BG come in a little later so we just all logged. This server is mostly a small group server. Most groups that I see here run 2 to 10. When these groups of 24 to 40 come into the server the imbalance is extremely drastic and destroys the server.

On most nights we are 2 bars across with one faction usually blue going to 3. On the weekends we actually get locked faction usually on (2).

And BGs are not an option for us since we cant group and its no CP. Its also not the same in any form or matter. Open world small group 3-8 play is straight up awsome in this game when performance is good. That's why we are on this server not the main.

You should not be able to group Q from another pvp server period!
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    This is on the PC NA Standard campaign. This is the campaign that typically has a low population. Those of us that have been playing on that campaign for years like it that way. The performance is much better and the fights are great. However, for the last few months large guild groups have been coming into the campaign and destroying the place.

I am not talking about a 12 man group either. I am talking about 2 full raid groups of people usually fighting maybe 10 people and the numbers are getting smaller.

Which guilds are there that you would like to move out? Are they just PVE guilds?

No they were PVP guilds that were doing an event and I think they were simply group Qed or something. Not sure but I saw a whole BG stop in a field and they zoned out at the same time.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Dat
    Dat
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking about last Saturday? We had a bunch of guilds come to blackreach for a gvgvg. We stayed all away from the main fighting tho and stayed at carmela and a small stint in vlastrus.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play in a campaign with a similar problem. Used to get zerged down by reds now my alliance is the annoying one. I don’t love it either way. Pretty boring when every yellow online is staring at the map, waiting for a resource to flag so they can all keep recall and smash whoever dared to leave their gate.

BUT. We also can’t be too mad at any one side for trying to win the campaign. I enjoy dueling. I enjoy occasionally x-ing (I’m not an x-er but we all got clips right ;) ) I enjoy small scale and yes when necessary I enjoy zerging. Zerging isn’t mindless when 1 group of 20 tries to take a castle from another group of 20 that knows how to defend. One could easily say, as far as the game seems to intend, that this Zerg v Zerg play style is the one cyrodil was made for.

So I wonder. If everybody has 2 bars. And one faction gets 3 bars or gets pop locked. And then BOTH other alliances give up and log out? I think that’s giving up quite a bit too easily. I think that’s ruining your own fun.

If you got 2 bars on you can join a group just as big as you want. And if you choose to defend emp keeps against the 40 man Zerg and lose over and over and over again until you are gated (while somehow the same thing happens to the 3rd alliance even though together the two outnumber the one??) then I think you need to be shown some of the more classic tricks of distracting and dispersing zergs. Gating them. Going for scrolls. Resource capping and disrupting transitus. Working together with the other weak alliance (hopefully not in too overt and egregious a way) to defeat the strong one.

Guilds are supposed to suddenly “come out of nowhere” and take emp circle. That’s called an emp push. And if you all log out then best believe you’ll be gated next time you look.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dat wrote: »
    Are you talking about last Saturday? We had a bunch of guilds come to black reach for a gvgvg. We stayed all away from the main fighting tho and stayed at Carmela and a small stint in vlastrus.

We dont care if you interfere we are on that server due to latency issues from ball guild group style of play. When you bring that style of play to lower pop server we just log out or go to IC. We just cant play in latency or refuse to. We have people in Australia/Japan/ Korea/ Middle East. We cannot do anything on the main server so our refuge is the low pop server. We can actually use our abilities. During prime its also a server that people come to play their toons a different way with abilities that just do not work on the main server.

If you are referring to small guild action we welcome all of those guilds to our server. But guilds that run 12+ or in balls are shunned on black reach, due to the performance issues that they create. Nothing against those people dont blame them this is the optimal play but its is destroying PVP in this game.
    Edited by Durham on May 31, 2020 7:44PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables