Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New Player

SimpleTea
SimpleTea
I am new to ESO and these forums. I read a lot about Discord, but have no idea what it is. Can someone clue me in? Thanks.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discord is a free program used for voice and other communications by a number of guilds and/or players. PC lacks built in voice comms, so its common to use programs like Discord or Teamspeak.
    https://discord.com/
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discord is a free program used for voice and other communications by a number of guilds and/or players. PC lacks built in voice comms, so its common to use programs like Discord or Teamspeak.
    https://discord.com/
    Very good. And to elaborate, even if you don't use the voice comms guilds/groups will also set up in-game events, share memes, do games like "Question of the Day", post helpful links, etc.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • SimpleTea
    SimpleTea
    Thanks for replying. I think I probably asked a stupid question - I am very new to this online game-playing stuff. After asking my question, I had the brilliant idea (Ha Ha) of researching online. I found out all I wanted to know, and then some, about Discord. But thanks for replying though, it was helpful. Now on to finding a laidback social guild(s) to join.
  • Rory_FightingToFifty
    Not a dumb question...I’ve gamed for years on console, but had to look up discord when everyone started using it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, it is not so important to have to talk during group events, but to listen.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Also, it is not so important to have to talk during group events, but to listen.

This. I'm often in a situation where using the mic isn't the best option.

(Although if they ever add a hot key option to turn the mic on and off rather than just speech activated or going into the settings to turn the mic on and off that would help.)
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this