The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vampire Lord Item Set?

DT-ARR
DT-ARR
✭✭✭✭
Wouldn’t it make more sense for build diversity / vampire lore for the Vamp lord armor set to incrementally reduce the penalties from stage 1-4 rather than increase them...?

Just a thought.
  • Princess_of_Darkness
    Exactly! This set’s new version has boggled my mind since I read the Patch Notes...

Why in the bloody Void a set called Vampire Lord would increase your weaknesses? Shouldn’t it do the opposite?

In my mind, it should reduce all weaknesses and instead of reducing Vampire skills cost, add 400 Magicka damage to Vampire skills, like it kind used to do!

I know it won’t be like that, but that’d be very nice.
    Rick Sanchez: "Sometimes science is more art than science, Morty. A lot of people don't get that."
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well given the new vamp ability has the toggle spell damage increase i think that would be OP to add more damage to the set. But reducing the penalties, even slightly, would be the perfect balance. For the life of me I dont get the logic of making the steep penalties worse.
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was really disappointed when I saw the change to this set. I knew they were changing the set but to see that all it does is tack on another level or the buff/debuff parts of Vampiric is discouraging. A high stage Vampire (Who would most likely consider using this set) does not need that extra cost reduction ontop of the cost reduction they already have. Not to mention the diminishing returns. They should have made it alter the Blood Scion ultimate to give you some more benefits while in the form, or alter your vampiric abilities in some other fashion.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like the vampire specific set is at the same level as the werewolf specific set. Trash level.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    You just lose to much with this set. No plus magicka/spell damage/recovery/crit chance/ ect on the 2/3/4 set bonus. The loss of those makes you demonstrably weaker by simple omission. While also making you directly weaker via the increase flame damage/health recovery hit / ability cost increase. Its like a double whammy simply for vamp skill cost reduction.

Makes no sense.

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DT-ARR wrote: »
    Well given the new vamp ability has the toggle spell damage increase i think that would be OP to add more damage to the set. But reducing the penalties, even slightly, would be the perfect balance. For the life of me I dont get the logic of making the steep penalties worse.

To consider with princess‘ idea:
    „Spell dmg to vamp abilities“ isnt the same as general spell dmg. So even combined with the toggle you would only buff the vamp spammable and the aoe morph of the ulti, not non-vampire skills. The damage of the channel and dmg morph of mist isnt something to write home about anyway.

Since you are using 5p for this, her Suggestion doesnt seem too op to me. It would fit the „go all in for vamp“ mantra ZOS seems to have.
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps. I personally think it makes more sense though to reduce the various penalties on 1/2/3/4 piece. Adding in magicka vamp ability spell damage just seems a bridge slightly to far.

Dont get me wrong...i wouldnt complain. But that would make the most sense to me. Especially considering you can wear a diff 5 piece for dmg bonus. (War maiden for instance has the magic dmg buff)

My 2 cents
  • HackTheMinotaur
    HackTheMinotaur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the old version of this set (400 spell damage to vampire abilities) would have been much better than the updated version. Not sure what they were thinking here
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vampire Lord
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Overland

Set bonus:
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (4 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (5 items) Stage 1/2/3/4
    Flame Damage Taken 4/6/8/10%
    Regular Ability Cost Decrease: 4/6/8/10%
    Spell Damage to Vampire Abilities 100/200/300/400
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly Yandere!

Legit though i’d settle for simply:

2 set: Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka

3 set: Flame damage taken **edit** reduced 4/6/8/10%

4 set: Regular Ability Cost Decrease (from Vamp increase) by 4/6/8/10%

5 set: either your Spell Damage to Vampire Abilities 100/200/300/400

Or 5 set: as ZOS currently has it 20% reduction vamp abilities.

Simply stated there is no sense to how the current patch notes have it written.

Edited a few bits for clarity
    Edited by DT-ARR on May 3, 2020 10:54PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire Lord
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Overland

Set bonus:
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (4 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (5 items) Stage 1/2/3/4
    Flame Damage Taken 4/6/8/10%
    Regular Ability Cost Decrease: 4/6/8/10%
    Spell Damage to Vampire Abilities 100/200/300/400
    Nah, switch that crit out for spell damage, max magicka, magicka regen, or even +Health (which works fine for Vampires, if the abilities don't get changed too much).

The PTS version of this set is probably useless in PvE, outside of Roleplaying I guess, but I suppose it might work for some fairly niche PvP builds. I don't think such a build would really be competitive with the typical, generic Stamina-meta setups, but it could at least allow the ultimate to be used quite frequently.
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very excited to use this as a backbar set with the vampire ulti on that bar for cheap transforms.
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I saw it. It got me thinking though, the health cost of that spammable is expensive. I wonder if this set would reduce the cost enough so it’s feasible to use.

There’s a glyph that reduces the health cost of vampire abilities too I think. Vampire lord + 1 glyph might be good.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 1, 2020 1:58PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Yea I saw it. It got me thinking though, the health cost of that spammable is expensive. I wonder if this set would reduce the cost enough so it’s feasible to use.

There’s a glyph that reduces the health cost of vampire abilities too I think. Vampire lord + 1 glyph might be good.
    I'm not 100% sure what the end cost would be with Vampire Lord set + cost reduction glyph, but I have a feeling that it'd still be too expensive to use on most PvP builds. Maybe if you had a dedicated healer and didn't over-use Blood Frenzy it'd be alright, but I'm still pretty skeptical.

I think the Blood for Blood morph of Eviscerate is another of the things that's more useful for ganking than it is real PvP. It would make the ganking more high-risk I suppose, but the damage can potentially get really high, and you could even do it to yourself with Blood Frenzy before opening up on a target. Other than that, I guess some sort of high HP build may be able to make use of Blood for Blood, but I think you'd probably have to sacrifice too many other stats...it's oftentimes kind of hard to test PvP on the PTS though, given that most people just PvE against target dummies after the first couple days.
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    So consensus seems to be that the set as currently sits in patch notes is ineffective and not viable, but could be made so with simple tweaks.

You listening ZOS?
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn’t it make more sense for build diversity / vampire lore for the Vamp lord armor set to incrementally reduce the penalties from stage 1-4 rather than increase them...?

Just a thought.

I made a post about this set too. The change makes absolutely no sense!
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly Yandere!

Legit though i’d settle for simply:

2 set: Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka

3 set: Flame damage taken 4/6/8/10%

4 set: Regular Ability Cost Decrease: 4/6/8/10%

5 set: either your Spell Damage to Vampire Abilities 100/200/300/400

Or 5 set: as ZOS currently has it 20% reduction vamp abilities.

Simply stated there is no sense to how the current patch notes have it written.

Set bonuses are supposed to be attractive on their own. 3 is anything but. And 4 would be broken and would be a no-brainer for vamp.

Go 5/4/2/1

5 pc Normal dmg set
    4 pc Vamp Lord for your cost reduction
    2 pc Monster
    1 pc Mythic
    Edited by navystylz_ESO on May 1, 2020 9:30PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »

I'm not 100% sure what the end cost would be with Vampire Lord set + cost reduction glyph, but I have a feeling that it'd still be too expensive to use on most PvP builds. Maybe if you had a dedicated healer and didn't over-use Blood Frenzy it'd be alright, but I'm still pretty skeptical.

I think the Blood for Blood morph of Eviscerate is another of the things that's more useful for ganking than it is real PvP. It would make the ganking more high-risk I suppose, but the damage can potentially get really high, and you could even do it to yourself with Blood Frenzy before opening up on a target. Other than that, I guess some sort of high HP build may be able to make use of Blood for Blood, but I think you'd probably have to sacrifice too many other stats...it's oftentimes kind of hard to test PvP on the PTS though, given that most people just PvE against target dummies after the first couple days.

I looked at blood frenzy and couldn’t incorporate it into any classes I was looking at. Too much bar space crunch.

I think the health cost spammable with vampire lord + 1 prismatic cost reduction + stage 4 vamp is around 600. I was messing around with UESP but I’m not sure if it’s been updated. Problem is a 5k cost dodge roll and 6k break free sort of kills any pvp applications.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 1, 2020 9:33PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Navystylz I dont disagree. I brought those up simply as something preferable to the current pts notes.

Also...just in case...my cost reduction idea was meant to just halve the penalty of vamp stages. So for instance stage 4 has a 20% ability cost increase. Wearing the vamp lord armor reduces that penalty by 10%. So you still have 10% higher cost. Not -10% in general. Same with fire damage/ health regen penalty. Just wanted to make sure that was clear what i was getting at.

At a minimum, reducing the stage penalties of vamp via their own self proclaimed vamp lord set would fit with the lore.

Paraphraising the notes on ascending to stage 5 Vampire Lord via the ultimate, removes the penalties of being a vamp. So in my mind it makes sense for the vamp lord armor to moderately reduce the penalties as well.

I feel like ZOS is purposefully trying to keep it from being OP. So making that minor tweak at least fits the role without it being a must have. Not ideal...but prob an easier sell to ZOS if nothing else.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampire Lord went from the worse set in the game to... a vampire role-play set. Idk which version is worse really. The whole vampire rework in itself has even less build variation than before with those cost penalties.
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    This set seriously wasn't addressed in 6.0.3??
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    The set should do the opposite of what it does, it should slightly remedy the negative vampire penalties not increase them. Wearing a set is supposed to improve you.

The 5 pc should be:
    Reduce increased fire damage by 2.5/5/7.5/10%
    Reduce health recovery reduction by 5/10/20/30%
    Reduce the cost of regular magicka abiltes by 1/2/4/6%
    Even that may not be enough of a 5 pc bonus. Maybe another 150-200~ spell damage with vampire abilities? That would be a solid set.

The fact they took the 400 spellpower off the set completely seems like they didnt put alot of thought remaking the set, it's a detriment to wear. I dont even like vampires nor do Intend on being one next patch or ever but this set just seems wack.
    Edited by MellowMagic on May 14, 2020 7:37PM
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...