The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Impenetrable Baseline for Greymoor is 1,350 Crit Resist (All Characters)

• JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now as I see it keeping 7 inpen in PvP I now have even more crit resistance for free even post nerfs vs taking a few pieces of divines lowering my potential tankiness only todo less burst dmg on people cause they have a lot of crit resistance for free. Some of the traits like sturdy will see more use because of how strong blocking with SnB is and possibly a few more well fitted if you like to dodge roll/run a lot but overall everyone is just going to get tankier where if you made other traits more appealing and buffed them people would try to opt out of inpen making everyone less tanky but giving them something that rewards their build such as sustain or increasing the % of divines, infused, well fitted etc.
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    Right now as I see it keeping 7 inpen in PvP I now have even more crit resistance for free even post nerfs vs taking a few pieces of divines lowering my potential tankiness only todo less burst dmg on people cause they have a lot of crit resistance for free. Some of the traits like sturdy will see more use because of how strong blocking with SnB is and possibly a few more well fitted if you like to dodge roll/run a lot but overall everyone is just going to get tankier where if you made other traits more appealing and buffed them people would try to opt out of inpen making everyone less tanky but giving them something that rewards their build such as sustain or increasing the % of divines, infused, well fitted etc.

I'd prob throw on maybe 2-3 well fitted or sturdy depending on my build.

I'll still have more crit res than patch and now my defensive actions are cheaper so im just more tanky.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the Impen nerf from 258 to 172 is great, finally makes other traits worth considering.

But 1350 base resist is too much - I'd probably advise not going over ~900 for base crit resist.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'll be keeping 7 inpen as 1. I'm too lazy to change anything and 2. It's still the best value after the nerfs esp with everyone attempting to build into more dmg. Sturdy from a stat efficiency perspective is the only one I would even consider with a SnB build
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I think the Impen nerf from 258 to 172 is great, finally makes other traits worth considering.

But 1350 base resist is too much - I'd probably advise not going over ~900 for base crit resist.

It's better to increase the values of other traits then just give inpen away and nerf the value, most people are just happy for change for the sake of change this doesn't make any sense for changing the tank meta or making PvP a healthier environment if you look at what it's doing

Also imo this logic is extremely flawed if one thing is good not OP it shouldn't get nerfed, cause you can wear 7 inpen with current values and still get blown up unless you have a pocket healer which is the true problem you want to now make everyone tankier by giving base inpen and making people use sturdy now? Cause that's the only thing that's going to happen with people attempting to use traits that aren't inpen without ever hitting the problem of the healer and healing which imo is easily fixable
    Edited by JinxxND on May 2, 2020 1:55PM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • RedReign
    RedReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know that this was a bad way to bring about diversity but I have to say at least in my case its going to work. I'll be running slightly less impen (probably 4 or 5 instead of 7) and with Bloodspawn nerfed to Oblivion ill probably run Balorgh or maybe Molag Kena.
  • Legendry
    Legendry
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought that the best way to adress the tank meta is to make everyone tankier. Just like adressing playstyle variety is to force everyone to play the same way. That is ZEN level.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere wrote: »
    Whether or not this ideal is yet to be seen. Especially if malacath's band becomes common. Your opponent can't crit anymore but flat out deals 25% more damage. At that point all of your critical resistance becomes nullified.

It can become very common. Its 25% more damage, to reach that via crit you would need 50% chance with 50% damage. Given that base impen reduces it by 0.18 you would either need 50% chance with 68% damage or a 78% chance with 50% damage to counteract this. As far as iam aware abilities that guarantee a crit will still crit. Im not sure if it does, but it should also work with set bonuses that deal damage, that cant crit. So the central question will be, how much damage would you loose by removing a 5 piece or 2 piece bonus and how much damage do you gain in return. I can imagine that its not worth it for some builds, but works well for others.

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Legendry wrote: »
    I always thought that the best way to adress the tank meta is to make everyone tankier. Just like adressing playstyle variety is to force everyone to play the same way. That is ZEN level.

This coming patch will be golden...So many players will become weak, and those in the know will become tankier, heal more, and do more damage. You can't make it up...
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Legendry wrote: »

This coming patch will be golden...So many players will become weak, and those in the know will become tankier, heal more, and do more damage. You can't make it up...
    Huh? Being tankier and doing more damage I definitely see, but how would you get around the 20% healing nerf?