The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Impenetrable Baseline for Greymoor is 1,350 Crit Resist (All Characters)

Taleof2Cities
Taleof2Cities
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just wanted to share this with everyone since the baseline number wasn't in the first PTS patch:

1,350 Crit Resist for all characters.

(Note there is a baseline impen "curve" for non-Vet characters below level 50.)

Screenshot below of my PTS character is in the Western Skyrim PvE zone, all Divines, and no Resistant CP invested in the Steed Constellation.

Enjoy one of the very few PvP buffs that ZOS has given us in a long time ... ;)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/524186/critical-resistance-gain-is-fixed-on-6-0-1-yet#latest

QFUZyBt.png

Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 27, 2020 7:07PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the info, thanks. I had a feeling it'd be around the 1,200 mark to cover all armor pieces.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder how many people are going to just switch to divines
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would tell us how many people lack any basic mathematical understanding
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »

Would tell us how many people lack any basic mathematical understanding

There might be some glass cannon builds or raid DPS builds that are currently running 1,350 or lower.

I don't own anything like that myself, however. :)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What kind of crit resist does impen give on PTS now, at purple or gold cp 160 items?

Edit: never mind I found it, lowered from 258 to 172 at gold quality. So 7 impen gets you to about 2550 crit resist on pts versus 1800 on live. Not bad, could use reinforced on a heavy chest or infused on large pieces without seeing much change from live.
    Edited by Kartalin on April 27, 2020 7:55PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    What kind of crit resist does impen give on PTS now, at purple or gold cp 160 items?

There's always a catch right ... ? ;)

The impen trait was reduced 33% (from 258 to 172).

Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 27, 2020 7:56PM
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'd rather go with WF and reinforced heavy chest.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is already a thread saying this :) we don’t need a duplicate :) would you like me to link you to it :)
  • Q_Q
    Q_Q
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to share this with everyone since the baseline number wasn't in the first PTS patch:

Screenshot below of my PTS character is in the Western Skyrim PvE zone, all Divines, and no Resistant CP invested in the Steed Constellation.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/524186/critical-resistance-gain-is-fixed-on-6-0-1-yet#latest

QFUZyBt.png

Can you explain what this means. Never was good with numbers in this game or took the time to figure it out. So baseline we automatically get is 1350? What’s the cap now? Is impen not gonna be used now? Thanks.
  • caesarvs
    caesarvs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »
    There is already a thread saying this :) we don’t need a duplicate :) would you like me to link you to it :)

:)
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This :) comment :) needs :) more :) smiley :) faces :)
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Q_Q wrote: »

QFUZyBt.png

Can you explain what this means. Never was good with numbers in this game or took the time to figure it out. So baseline we automatically get is 1350? What’s the cap now? Is impen not gonna be used now? Thanks.

There isn't really a cap for impen. Everyone starts with 50% critical damage (so their crits deal 1.5x damage). With this change everyone has has their critical reduced by around 18%. This isn't a % but like, that 1.5 goes to 1.32 and if you had 2x crit it would drop closer to 1.82 and so on.

You can achieve at least the same crit resist you had before by using impen on 4 pieces of gear. That should put you at around 2000. If you choose to you can go higher and get 2554 total crit resist from this change plus your gear. If I remember right this will reduce your crit modifier by about .35.

Builds who have invested 0 into additional crit damage would be dealing only 15% more damage against someone with this level of crit resist.

Whether or not this ideal is yet to be seen. Especially if malacath's band becomes common. Your opponent can't crit anymore but flat out deals 25% more damage. At that point all of your critical resistance becomes nullified.

In a cp environment you could reduce some of your crit resist cp and move them elsewhere if you are comfortable with the amount you currently have. I think ultimately it depends on how the meta shifts in the next few months.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get it that they wanted to bring diversity in the game but this is a bad way of going about it, giving free crit resistance and allowing more crit resistance or the option of hitting the old crit resistance and investing into other strong traits such as sturdy is going to end up making people tankier and ball groups/healers are still going to be healing too much while people without dedicated healers will suffer. If you understand the mechanics of the game you would see they just end up going in circles with all these changes because they don't understand the consequence of the changes they keep making probably from not actually playing the game their selves and instead just plugging in number in some mysterious zos calculator
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would have been better to instead not touch crit resistance and buff other traits to make them more appealing to use a few but this base crit resistance and the new crit resistance able to be achieved is going to make healing and tanks worse
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the change. I think damage output is going to be exceedingly high next patch; you dont want someone rolling around with 132% crit mod with a surplus 13k pen and 10k EWD, because how much counterplay would that allow?

I also like this gives value to some other traits. But also other cp, like quick recovery or bastion ( i like the idea of a brawler stamsorc that can shield stack with boneshield and that hardening enchantment).

Another example Im definitely looking at wellfitted (because it is efficient) infused and divines (steed, potentially) because there are no further ways to increase base stats by allocating cp, nor can you really improve speed (besides windrunning).
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then again i can see this turning into a minmaxers paradise, where the extreme side of damage just got a little more extreme and that's it.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    It would have been better to instead not touch crit resistance and buff other traits to make them more appealing to use a few but this base crit resistance and the new crit resistance able to be achieved is going to make healing and tanks worse

Thank god I crafted my invagorating new moon, it is time to use. Invagorating OP, please nerf.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1350 crit resistances seems a bit too much. 660-720 base crit resistances would be more overall balanced.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    1350 crit resistances seems a bit too much. 660-720 base crit resistances would be more overall balanced.

Agreed.

IMO, base crit resists should be 680 (10%) and 7 pieces of impen should be about 1,155 (165 per piece). If you go all impen, before CP you'd have 1835 critical resistance (27%) — slightly more than 7 impen was before the changes. If you want more, you should have to build for it.

Smells kinda like another NB nerf, tbh.
    Edited by Langeston on April 30, 2020 12:38AM
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere wrote: »
    Especially if malacath's band becomes common. Your opponent can't crit anymore but flat out deals 25% more damage. At that point all of your critical resistance becomes nullified.

I really don't think it will be, people might use it for lols or niche builds in no CP, but crit scaling is massive and once again is both an offensive and defensive tools.

I noticed some of the new options (the massive pen set and the band) being traps, that are trying to pull people away from options that impact both offense and defense.

though I admit its nice to see them trying something to break up build diversity.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Increasing crit resistance makes everyone tankier end of story.

You were a full divine pve/ganker dmg guy you now have 1350 crit resist making you tankier, you where already in 7 inpen now you have even more inpen cause the base is so high even with the nerfed value, you trying to min max and keep the old inpen values and adding other traits to be more efficient? Now you hit the old inpen number and throw on extra sturdy for survival making you harder to kill
    Edited by JinxxND on April 30, 2020 2:20PM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing crit resistance makes everyone tankier end of story.

You were a full divine pve/ganker dmg guy you now have 1350 crit resist making you tankier, you where already in 7 inpen now you have even more inpen cause the base is so high even with the nerfed value, you trying to min max and keep the old inpen values and adding other traits to be more efficient? Now you hit the old inpen number and throw on extra sturdy for survival making you harder to kill

Exactly this change did nothing but make everyone tankier.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    Especially if malacath's band becomes common. Your opponent can't crit anymore but flat out deals 25% more damage. At that point all of your critical resistance becomes nullified.

I really don't think it will be, people might use it for lols or niche builds in no CP, but crit scaling is massive and once again is both an offensive and defensive tools.

I noticed some of the new options (the massive pen set and the band) being traps, that are trying to pull people away from options that impact both offense and defense.

though I admit its nice to see them trying something to break up build diversity.

Yeah I should have been more clear that case is only for no cp. A lot of misunderstandings on the forums could be attributed to that I think.

In a cp environment one would never drop all of their crit rate. But in a no cp scenario.... I mean I play a lot of no cp, and at the end of matches if I look at a combat log, around only 20% of my damage comes from criticals. That's not very much, and a flat 25% increase in damage is probably worth not landing criticals.

Now is it worth losing out on my monster set or another 5 piece set? No. Absolutely not. But I mentioned it because that's the only way the ring will be viable in any scenario.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »

This :) comment :) needs :) more :) smiley :) faces :)

all I got to say about this comment is :o

better not let vietfox catch you slipping...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

Yeah I should have been more clear that case is only for no cp. A lot of misunderstandings on the forums could be attributed to that I think.

In a cp environment one would never drop all of their crit rate. But in a no cp scenario.... I mean I play a lot of no cp, and at the end of matches if I look at a combat log, around only 20% of my damage comes from criticals. That's not very much, and a flat 25% increase in damage is probably worth not landing criticals.

Now is it worth losing out on my monster set or another 5 piece set? No. Absolutely not. But I mentioned it because that's the only way the ring will be viable in any scenario.

yeah like I said they seem to be trying to break up the 5-5-2 meta (or 5-5-2-1/2 if you back bar a set)

lots of improvements to the various weapon sets, the obvious mythic items, would not be overly surprised if we see more things like the 3 piece endurance / agility / willpower / etc. a "bringing in line" a lot of the monster sets that was mostly nerfs that makes using mythic items more favorable.

also the design of the antiquities system lends itself to the inclusion of more mythic items as time goes on, as these are also a *decent* alternative for people that don't do dungeons (I almost exclusively get my monster sets from the golden these days)

in fact the band effect of negating crit for damage seems like a great noob item, as that kind of person might not know about or be good at all the various math and stacking that goes into crit damage, and the idea of a flat "MOAR DAMAGE" at the expense of a mechanic they don't even bother with would be solid.

ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the amount of impen I get from 7 pieces is being given to me for free, and impen on gear going forward is being reduced?

Someone explain to me why I shouldn’t just run full Divines in the future.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MickeyBN wrote: »
    So the amount of impen I get from 7 pieces is being given to me for free, and impen on gear going forward is being reduced?

Why didn’t you run full divines before?
    EU | PC | AD
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MickeyBN wrote: »

because you don't want to get pop'd like a balloon?

they set out to reduce the requirement for impen in pvp, they did that by giving every noob a participation ribbon of impen, that fine but stacking all impen will still be a thing and be even better (higher total amount of crit resist then before)

I guess the only REAL "winners" in all this would be people that pvp in well fitted, as they got free impen on top.

i think that is the only real choice worth looking at.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank god I crafted my invagorating new moon, it is time to use. Invagorating OP, please nerf.

The funny thing is if they though stuff through they could buff invigorating (as well as other traits) to give like 50-70 sustain at gold as it's one of the only ways to get hp recovery on top of other sustain, if it was like this on live you could easily drop 2-3 inpen and use invigorating and end up getting 150-210 sustain and then bypass using a sustain mundus be sacrificing you ability to mitigated crit, which would make you less tanky and help toward getting rid of the tank meta instead of making inpen baseline and making everyone tankier by either allocating CP into other defensive trees or just getting more base inpen in non CP

@ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously these numbers could be balanced but something like doing that (I bring up invigorating cause it's the most useless trait after changing from prosperous) could make it very viable as 7 invigorating with it giving like 50 sustain at gold would give you 350 mag/stam/hp recovery being almost as much as 7 divines with a sustain mundus.

Other traits that need it could be buffed as well making taking a few of these traits very viable without increasing everyone tankiness with a baseline crit resistance and allowing high levels of it by still stacking inpen which I believe most people will still do because even after the nerfs you end up getting tankier for doing so
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer