The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Greymoor Pre-Order Question

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
To pre-order Greymoor you get Morrowind, Summerset, Elswyr and base game for immediate access. At the moment, I only have the base game; but this seems like a great way to get caught up!

Will this act like an upgrade? I mean will my characters and game progress continue with this pre-order? Or does have to start new account?

Best Answers

• calitrumanb14_ESO
    calitrumanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Your current character(s) will still be playable. They just have more zones available to explore.
    Answer ✓
  • Gromczystan
    Gromczystan
    Soul Shriven
    Have you also notices that it is cheaper to pre-order Greymoor as a new game then upgrading to Elswyr + Geymoor (+Morrowind and Summerset DLC...)
    Answer ✓
  • Marcus196604
    Marcus196604
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @kylewwefan ; you can add the key for a "full copy" to your existing account. It will "upgrade" your account.

The Physical Collectors Editions up untill now were always the Full Chapter. And that has always worked for me.

Technically one could create a new account, and then it would be a "new install".

Just go to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/users/account and then on the left choose "REDEEM CODE".

PS: If one only has the base game and no ESO+ it can make sense to buy the full chapter because one gets the older chapters, where as via then Crown Store one would have to buy the 3 zone DLC's plus the Warden and the Necromancer plus the Psijic Order Skill Line. O and Elswyer is still a chapter so not yet in the Crown Store. (total Crown Price estimate 14500).

EDIT: in my estimated Crown price: strike the "Psijic Order Skill" and 3500 Crowns, that is the thingy one can buy for alt chars if one has already unlocked th Psijic Order Skill on one character.
    Edited by Marcus196604 on February 24, 2020 5:21PM
    Real men don't eat honey they chew bees.
    Answer ✓
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you never bought anything but the base game, you could not buy the upgrade. You would need to buy the full copy of the expansion but if you did you would get everything that came before elsweyr and the next expansion/chapter. You could buy the upgrade to get the new content.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    If you never bought anything but the base game, you could not buy the upgrade. You would need to buy the full copy of the expansion

This is not true.
  • Myrddin1357
    Myrddin1357
    ✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    If you never bought anything but the base game, you could not buy the upgrade. You would need to buy the full copy of the expansion

This is not true.[/quote

The pre-order upgrade only gives you Greymoor and nothing else. It says so in the description of the product:

"REQUIRES THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE, SOLD SEPARATELY."

Currently there is not option to pre-order the full game (including all the other chapters) as far as I know.
  • Myrddin1357
    Myrddin1357
    ✭✭✭

The pre-order upgrade only gives you Greymoor and nothing else. It says so in the description of the product:

"REQUIRES THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE, SOLD SEPARATELY."

Currently there is not option to pre-order the full game (including all the other chapters) as far as I know.[/quote]

Ok I got this wrong. You can pre-order the full version of Greymoor (which should include all previous chapters). The upgrade version is only available to those who already have the base game (I dont know if this upgrade includes other chapters)
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_greymoor_edition

The full game includes all the chapters and the base game see.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_greymoor_upgrade

The upgrade requires the base game, but it doesn’t include morrowind, Summerset or Elswyr

I was going to buy the full edition so I’d have morrowind, Summerset and Elswyr. If that makes sense.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_greymoor_edition

The full game includes all the chapters and the base game see.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_greymoor_upgrade

The upgrade requires the base game, but it doesn’t include morrowind, Summerset or Elswyr

I was going to buy the full edition so I’d have morrowind, Summerset and Elswyr. If that makes sense.

This is true, but if you have eso+, Morrowind and Summerset count as dlc for that so you have acces through that. or u can buy them as dlc with crowns in the crown store. Elsweyr is still a chapter upgrade, but if you wait till Greymoor goes live, Elsweyr will prob be dlc then too, so part of eso+ or as dlc in crownstore.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off topic sorry, but can you pre-order Greymoor on PS4 yet?
  • uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    Off topic sorry, but can you pre-order Greymoor on PS4 yet?

No, and I'm starting to lose interest in it due to the delay.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That was my point, but I may not be communicating it clearly.

Because preordering Greymoor appears to me as something a person without any eso at all would do. A new user.

If I pre-order Greymoor to get morrowind, Summerset and Elswyr; does this act like an upgrade to my current game? Or is this only for a new account?
  • Gromczystan
    Gromczystan
    Soul Shriven
    Hi @kylewwefan ; you can add the key for a "full copy" to your existing account. It will "upgrade" your account.

The Physical Collectors Editions up untill now were always the Full Chapter. And that has always worked for me.

Technically one could create a new account, and then it would be a "new install".

Just go to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/users/account and then on the left choose "REDEEM CODE".

PS: If one only has the base game and no ESO+ it can make sense to buy the full chapter because one gets the older chapters, where as via then Crown Store one would have to buy the 3 zone DLC's plus the Warden and the Necromancer plus the Psijic Order Skill Line. O and Elswyer is still a chapter so not yet in the Crown Store. (total Crown Price estimate 14500).

what if I have Morrowind + Dark Brotherhood + Thieves Guild + some more DLC... If I pre-order Greymoor - will I still have all these DLC + Summerset and Elswyer?
  • Marcus196604
    Marcus196604
    ✭✭✭
    @Gromczystan

Yup it should keep everything, it would only unlock the things one doe not have.

Come to think about it: I only speak about keys from physical copies. I realy do not have any idea if the ZOS web store would allow one to pre-order Greymoor full digital Chapter if ones account already has for example Morrowind on it....

EDIT: about the sale via ZOS webstore: Tried to simulate it: logged into account, went to store, and i can add the digital Greymoor full chapter and continue to paument details. Can not confirm further steps because i have a Physical Collectors Edition already on pre-order :-)
    Edited by Marcus196604 on February 24, 2020 5:24PM
    Real men don't eat honey they chew bees.
  • SgtPow3rs
    SgtPow3rs
    For a new starter like me this would be a great way to get all previous chapters.

To get things straight: If I buy THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE: GREYMOOR STANDARD EDITION I get the base game, every previous update chapter + dlc like the Thieves Guild?

I'm playing right now through Xbox Game Pass so I don't own really anything, but if the game keeps me interested this might be a great deal.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it gives you the chapters, not the dlc. So, Summerset, Elswyr, Morrowind.

Thieves Guild is dlc, but not chapter. Same with clockwork city, Dark Brotherhood, Murkmire, etc.

Uhm, you’ll get all that stuff plus the chapters with ESO+, but with this you will also get Warden and Necromancer class; and that doesn’t come with ESO+

It’s confusing. I know.