Server issues, people leaving the game

Coopersnow
Coopersnow
✭✭✭
A great eso content creator th3asiangod just announced that he won`t be playing the game in a serious matter or as a main game in Greymoor because of server issues, he won`t be buying the chapter and will be canceling his eso plus. Myself and guessing many other people feel the same way. I myself took a long break back in december when the Eu server login issues started to be unbearable and when eso started canceling events cause they servers are doodoo. Zos please take this seriously and fix your damn servers, nobody cares about any fancy mounts or content if the game is unplayable. Th3asaingod did what many of us want to do and plan on doing and he is a damn content creator for your game and im glad he is doing it and hoping this will give you a push. Please go watch th3asaingods video to get the full context and all of the things that we all think. WAKE UP ZOS.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuffage I may have?
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you know, there was a streamer named Sypher PK ?!
    He used to play this game as his main but with the failed promises from ZoS of Performance and class balance. He left this game and found another one to be his main.
    This guy was a professional ESO PvP player back then. So, this statement of yours...
    Coopersnow wrote: »
    WAKE UP ZOS.
    Was told by more than thousands of players before and after Morrowind. Infact, from Morrowind onwards ppl started to see the picture of what ESO truly is, it's no suprise that it's at this state.
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really do need to wake tf up. Raid groups are being postponed till they fix performance, ppl have left and plan to leave, and some ppl feel - myself included - like kind of a schmuck for purchasing Greymoor already, without waiting to see if the game is even playable then. Its the last chance I am giving them to make improvements, these problems have gone on for way too long.
  • Coopersnow
    Coopersnow
    ✭✭✭

Vanos444 wrote: »
    He used to play this game as his main but with the failed promises from ZoS of Performance and class balance. He left this game and found another one to be his main.
    This guy was a professional ESO PvP player back then. So, this statement of yours...

Ofc i remember him used to watch him all the time. I mean it never hurts to try even dou i know they just dont care.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theyancey wrote: »
    Stuffage I may have?

I want his swag too !! Can we share? :#

Actually the fine folks at ZOS that work on every aspect on ESO are the content creators.

Albeit, performance is horrific. Certain decisions like not upgrading the VMA weapons are a middle finger to lots of players.

th3asaingods, from your post and not his....is not quitting ESO. So I don’t see the relevant point. :|

Why would ZOS care? Lots of longtime players and YT creators have actually quit and it hasn’t changed anything.

They are just forgotten and the game goes on for the ones still playing it. :)
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on May 10, 2020 8:17PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this some lame attempt to promote someone's stream and get them views? If they're no longer doing ESO on their streams why would we watch? We won't get drops.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on May 10, 2020 8:15PM
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Is this some lame attempt to promote someone's stream and get them views?
    Wouldn't put it past many of the streams as well their fans to do such that.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    WAKE UP ZOS.
    Was told by more than thousands of players before and after Morrowind. Infact, from Morrowind onwards ppl started to see the picture of what ESO truly is, it's no suprise that it's at this state.
    Actuallly Sypher left because he wanted to grow and get his channel to be bigger. Eso barely gets any views from streaming and it’s not competitive. Fortnite is competitive and gets way more views than Eso. That was the real reason why Sypher left even if the game was in perfect conditions he would have left anyways. Him leaving for performance and balancing issues was more of an excuse for him to leave. But your point does persist pvp does run like hot garbage and many people are quitting because of it.
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streamers are idiots, the only thing they promote is themselves, they are basically sales reps minus the Vauxhall Vectra.

Be Safe
  • Coopersnow
    Coopersnow
    ✭✭✭
    Stuffage I may have?

Stuffage I may have?

Actually the fine folks at ZOS that work on every aspect on ESO are the content creators.

Albeit, performance is horrific. Certain decisions like not upgrading the VMA weapons are a middle finger to lots of players.

th3asaingods, from your post and not his....is not quitting ESO. So I don’t see the relevant point. :|

Why would ZOS care? Lots of longtime players and YT creators have actually quit and it hasn’t changed anything.

never said he is quiting, read what i said first then comment
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Is this some lame attempt to promote someone's stream and get them views?
    Wouldn't put it past many of the streams as well their fans to do such that.

Possibly :o

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TQd0tC3rOus

When he buried his Templar I almost laughed myself to death. :D
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on May 10, 2020 8:28PM
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to guess if ZOS could snap their fingers and suddenly lag disappeared and the servers ran flawlessly they would have done it. If there are performance issues in the game that are persistent I highly doubt it is a matter of ZOS not bothering to spend a couple hundred thousand dollars on hardware that would fix everything. There are a lot of factors that can affect game performance and some are not easy fixes and you would have to figure this is one of them.

No game company purposely sits on an available managable game perfomance fix.
  • Aerenthir
    Aerenthir
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to guess if ZOS could snap their fingers and suddenly lag disappeared and the servers ran flawlessly they would have done it. If there are performance issues in the game that are persistent I highly doubt it is a matter of ZOS not bothering to spend a couple hundred thousand dollars on hardware that would fix everything. There are a lot of factors that can affect game performance and some are not easy fixes and you would have to figure this is one of them.

No game company purposely sits on an available managable game perfomance fix.

Pretty much this. If there was an easy fix, that doesn't require a lot of time and money, they would've done it already. The supposed "fixes" that come with Greymoore are just empty promises. If those were a solution, ZOS would've released it already. But they need to promise "something" so some people would still buy the expansion, while hoping something would change.

P.S I'm more worried how much the Greymoore fixes are going to break things further, to be honest.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuffage I may have?

Stuffage I may have?

never said he is quiting, read what i said first then comment

I did, lol

If he is not quitting his words are moot.

Why would someone play something that is so fd up and broken to them?? Not much of a statement imo.

If he is playing ESO and still logging in, that still benefits ZOS.

He will eventually buy Greymoor for the mythic items alone. Unless he wants to be left behind on all those new builds he could make.... :o

https://eso-sets.com/sets/type/mythic

There’s no other game like ESO and we are so passionate about it because it is one of a kind.

Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on May 10, 2020 8:57PM
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who?
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who?

@darthgummibear_ESO

Some Sith Gummibear, terrorizing a galaxy far far away....

40wngo.jpg

jk
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on May 10, 2020 9:33PM
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only steamer that matters is R Kelly
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People leave MMORPGs all the time. New players come in to replace them. Zos has had no issue maintaining a large player base. They have had to increase server capacity this past year for both PC EU and NA servers.

So who cares if a streamer with what seems to be an over-inflated. I am @Coopersnow this Asian god as they are clearly promoting their stream in asking us all to go watch it.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I compare the current ESO performance to about a year ago, it is like Nirn and Oblivion.
    Currently, ESO resides in the following realm of Oblivion: Realm of delayed time and space.
    While residents of this realm have longevity as a result, they are having severe lag storms.
    WAKE UP ZOS.
    Actuallly Sypher left because he wanted to grow and get his channel to be bigger. Eso barely gets any views from streaming and it’s not competitive. Fortnite is competitive and gets way more views than Eso. That was the real reason why Sypher left even if the game was in perfect conditions he would have left anyways. Him leaving for performance and balancing issues was more of an excuse for him to leave. But your point does persist pvp does run like hot garbage and many people are quitting because of it.

Seems logical and it did wonders to his channel.
    Though it is still an assumption about Sypher PK, he may have left due to the general game direction(performance, balance etc.)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's getting pretty bad. In AoE situations I swear my attacks are taking a second or two to register. Especially in dungeons.

On the other hand questing in Murkmire and watching NPCs complete a ladder climb animation six feet over my character's head and getting suspended in air is pretty funny.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • VanLo83
    VanLo83
    ✭✭✭
    Problem mainly is that their tech crew isn't exactly the prime cut so to speak. I'm not bashing the creative talent in ZOS at all but they really need to get better tech wiz's for this game, it's degrading every update, every DLC and heck even on every maintenance it gets worse and worse. I've already cancelled my Greymoor pre-order and my sub is running out this month and no, not resubbing before they actually get their servers fixed up.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On the other hand questing in Murkmire and watching NPCs complete a ladder climb animation six feet over my character's head and getting suspended in air is pretty funny.

I usually wait a year to let them shake out the bugs but this major one was still there. Maybe I should give Elsweyr another year if Murkmire is any indication.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are going to get the white knights out here; but I do think it has gotten bad enough to where they need to look at it and know it. Its not "just the pvpers" anymore. Its spread throughout the game. Although the PvEers are in the area of complain and keep playing where the PvPers were prior to update 25. The core group I ran with in PvP are gone and the discord channel is empty outside of events that are more social that PvP any more.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what ZOS will do? Another year of performance plan, each quarter with certain fixes and promises.
    What happened after a year? Performance didn’t improve and promises turns out to be marketing and lies for their excuses for taking a year long break for being lazy.
    Pc na
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    asian who? as if there was a few
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of my long term friends that used to play this game do not play anymore due to said issues. :( Please Zos just fix your game, many players are leaving. And the new ones are not sticking around for long....

Do not let your own game die.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm taking a break at the minute. I let my sub lapse and I haven't pre-ordered Greymoor.

It's the first time I haven't picked up a digital collector's edition pre-order, and it makes me a little sad.

I love this game, but I can't bear to see it slide further and further downhill. I'm just disappointed more than anything.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    People leave MMORPGs all the time. New players come in to replace them. Zos has had no issue maintaining a large player base. They have had to increase server capacity this past year for both PC EU and NA servers.

So who cares if a streamer with what seems to be an over-inflated. I am @Coopersnow this Asian god as they are clearly promoting their stream in asking us all to go watch it.

The difference here, I think, is that a fair few end-game players are leaving. Both PvE and PvP. This game risks turning into SWTOR which is a solo game that you just happen to share with other players.

End-game players are consistent providers of money, they don't join for a month to experience the new DLC or new chapter. They play every day, for years, without any long breaks. These types of players are replaced less often.
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Streamers are idiots, the only thing they promote is themselves, they are basically sales reps minus the Vauxhall Vectra.

Be Safe

They actually help people get into the game. Streaming the game to viewers counts as a contribution to the game. Why do you think ZOS cared enough to announce Sypher’s stream in an article? He has viewers that would’ve and could’ve been interested in trying this game out, but lol.

Streamers also create some community for certain types of gameplay (PvP, PvE trials, RP, etc.) whereas the in-game zone chat is actually pretty stale (IMO).

Of course a streamer would and should promote themselves. It’s not much of a stream if they didn’t.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst I enjoy the game myself, I can't and don't blame others who are having a lot of trouble with lag. It's obvious that cyrodill and trials in particular are having trouble, and pc eu has been in a bit of a pickle for over a year now.

I doubt that things will improve too much for a while; when numbers drop down a bit then hopefully trials will improve.

For those who are deeply unhappy, moving on to something they enjoy more is probably the best advice I can give. Sometimes it is best to let go.
This discussion has been closed.