The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

If you think you are a poor PvP player

• Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Daffen wrote: »
    No video proof what so ever doesnt help your point, no way we can judge if it was bad actions from your part, amazing players or bugs.

What we can judge is a build, but a build is only as good as its user, which we dont know.

I think i managed to upload few clips and i hope you can see and judge what i mean even tho those might not show the best desyncs.

#1 Clip: I am 100% In LoS from by screen view, the Dk literally pass thought the pillar and hit me with leap anyway, play multiple time to notice how he travels through the pillar.

https://imgur.com/BVExanm

#2 Clip: At some point i dodge roll and i go behind the pillar in line of sight and i get hit throught the pillar by magnum shot that knocks me back even tho in my screen i should be completely covered by los.

https://imgur.com/73OCStx

#3 Clip: A more obvious magnum shot that knocks me back when clearly i dodge rolled in a los area behind box and goes through and hit me.

https://imgur.com/y1DuZKF

Notice that magnum shot is not a channeled like Snipe, so when clicked it fires immediately and i shouldn't be get it by that at all.

I don't know if you can judge it properly by videos and maybe you will say it's l2p issue or something.
    Just focus on the LoS and tell me what you think.

Definitely seems like lag, but there is quite small amounts of gap between the los. Ping does come in play with your position on your screen compared to others. If you have 100 ping and they have 200 they will still see you when you enter los. The reason is that your position on their screen is 100ms behind than on your screen. (i dont know how the server handles the positions, it could be 200ms but i dont know. All i know is that its delayed)

Only tip i can give you is judging from your gameplay is that you roll dodge too early. You want to roll dodge into los, not run into it after roll dodging. Run up to the corner and roll dodge around it, you can still change direction of your character mid roll dodge. This will help you against getting hit by dodgeable abilities behind los.
    Edited by Daffen on May 4, 2020 1:42PM
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    No video proof what so ever doesnt help your point, no way we can judge if it was bad actions from your part, amazing players or bugs.

What we can judge is a build, but a build is only as good as its user, which we dont know.

I think i managed to upload few clips and i hope you can see and judge what i mean even tho those might not show the best desyncs.

#1 Clip: I am 100% In LoS from by screen view, the Dk literally pass thought the pillar and hit me with leap anyway, play multiple time to notice how he travels through the pillar.

#2 Clip: At some point i dodge roll and i go behind the pillar in line of sight and i get hit throught the pillar by magnum shot that knocks me back even tho in my screen i should be completely covered by los.

#3 Clip: A more obvious magnum shot that knocks me back when clearly i dodge rolled in a los area behind box and goes through and hit me.

Notice that magnum shot is not a channeled like Snipe, so when clicked it fires immediately and i shouldn't be get it by that at all.

I don't know if you can judge it properly by videos and maybe you will say it's l2p issue or something.

Definitely seems like lag, but there is quite small amounts of gap between the los. Ping does come in play with your position on your screen compared to others. If you have 100 ping and they have 200 they will still see you when you enter los. The reason is that your position on their screen is 100ms behind than on your screen. (i dont know how the server handles the positions, it could be 200ms but i dont know. All i know is that its delayed)

Only tip i can give you is judging from your gameplay is that you roll dodge too early. You want to roll dodge into los, not run into it after roll dodging. Run up to the corner and roll dodge around it, you can still change direction of your character mid roll dodge. This will help you against getting hit by dodgeable abilities behind los.

But you saw it's so weird especially the third clip, I did roll dodge, the "dodge" message appears on the screen because i dodged something, and when already behind the box the projectile from magnum shot comes and hit me when i should be completely covered.
    I had zero lag in my screen, but the hitbox of my character felt so desynced.

It is hard to explain if you are not the one playing it live, it's different from lag.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use combat metrics. Snipe desynch is a fact that many people is exploiting. And its not a lag issue or a l2p thing. Specially when u see combats of 1 sec on combat metrics. That skill is completely buggy and people is exploiting It .
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    TL DR; L2P issues...

It's not though and atm.this game is so jacked up you are doing your eso brethren a disservice by saying l2p
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not just snipe people are landing dizzy from a mile away . Got hit friday night by a dawnbreaker that was nowhere near me. I even clipped it because I was so disgusted about my skills not firing or landing but people are landing crap like this vs me.
    Im not a leet pvper by any means but I've spent 5000+ hrs in pvp. It's pretty safe to say what the op describes is happening I'm sure of it
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    TL DR; L2P issues...

It's not though and atm.this game is so jacked up you are doing your eso brethren a disservice by saying l2p

People will make up any excuse before accepting that maybe the guy who is killing them, is actually better than them...

Even my reply was deleted by a moderator. This community is so entitled that telling someone that is a learn to play issue, is considered an "insult".

And also doesn't take a genius to know that if someone play with 300ms or higher, it will be a very bad condition for any fast paced game, any moba, shooter, fighter, or this case a fast paced MMO. It's nothing new...
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excuses?

This type of asynchronization destroys the entire competitive game because the human component no longer decides.
    Of course, you follow your screen while fighting, because what else could you do?
    Then suddenly bizarre situations happen like the following one.
    And that duel was far away from the mass of players.

Keep an eye on the riding sorc in the background or the duneripper on the right. They are the proof that no psijic ultimate was used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyoyFwiwIs

This is simply not reasonable, but ZOS wrote in the open letter that the servers are stable ...

Edited by Sun7dance on May 5, 2020 4:38AM
    PS5|EU
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TL DR; L2P issues...

People will make up any excuse before accepting that maybe the guy who is killing them, is actually better than them...

Even my reply was deleted by a moderator. This community is so entitled that telling someone that is a learn to play issue, is considered an "insult".

And also doesn't take a genius to know that if someone play with 300ms or higher, it will be a very bad condition for any fast paced game, any moba, shooter, fighter, or this case a fast paced MMO. It's nothing new...

Its hard to improve your own skill if the outcome of your inputs is decided by a headles chicken on a spinning wheel.
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭

But you saw it's so weird especially the third clip, I did roll dodge, the "dodge" message appears on the screen because i dodged something, and when already behind the box the projectile from magnum shot comes and hit me when i should be completely covered.
    I had zero lag in my screen, but the hitbox of my character felt so desynced.

It is hard to explain if you are not the one playing it live, it's different from lag.

Heres what i think happened: you were fighting the guy with snb you roll dodge his attacks. Bow guy at flag is either lagging or his skill got delayed and fired it off when you stopped roll dodging. I know magnum shot has a fast travel time but hes a couple meters behind and the stun usually lands a bit later than the projectile when its lagging.

You roll dodged the guy closest to u, but the bow guy im the back hit u. No matter what its lag and stuff like this happens. The last video is a prime example of why you want to roll dodge into the los, so your roll dodge doesnt stop 1-3 meters in front of los. That small window of running behind into los made him able to land a magnum shot and you wasted some stam.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Watched all 3 videos and I think you were in -line of sight for all of them when the skill existed or fired off by the opponent. Very close on all 3 I think if it means anything to you.

Clip #1 Believe the game was just animating the leap the best it could, but the DK made it around the corner to leap on you. The stun before you made it around the corner is what cost you.

#2 you took a long curve and where still in line of site. Again close.

#3 Your opponent was a larger distance away thus the longer travel time but again you where in line of sight when he fired at you.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    TL DR; L2P issues...

Its hard to improve your own skill if the outcome of your inputs is decided by a headles chicken on a spinning wheel.

As I said, nothing new. You are never going to play with 0 lag, unless you play inside ZOS headquarters...

It's the same case for any fast paced game out there.

[edited for bashing comment]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on May 5, 2020 5:13PM
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said, nothing new. You are never going to play with 0 lag, unless you play inside ZOS headquarters...

A bit lag is one thing, skills not working at all, being stuck in HA charge, health desync, freeze for multiple seconds, break free "bug" ect is a whole other story.
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on May 5, 2020 5:13PM
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jadarock Yeah well landing a D Swing from a mile away is not hard. Just be a DK and you have 9 meters range with it, thats not even melee anymore thats already ranged.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said, nothing new. You are never going to play with 0 lag, unless you play inside ZO$ headquarters...

A bit lag is one thing, skills not working at all, being stuck in HA charge, health desync, freeze for multiple seconds, break free "bug" ect is a whole other story.

Everything you are suffering, your opponents are suffering too. Play around that. Also if you play on Console, you will be like 90% slower by default, so I can understand it. But if you play on PC, it's easier to manage playing around lag.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything you are suffering, your opponents are suffering too. Play around that. Also if you play on Console, you will be like 90% slower by default, so I can understand it. But if you play on PC, it's easier to manage playing around lag.

That doesn't help the problem. Even if you win a 1vx, it leaves you questioning wether or not you got a lag cary. And i had several situations were i was pretty damn sure it was luck of the lag letting me win. Yes i play on console.
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on May 5, 2020 1:34PM
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of those clips they just targetted you before you went behined los so the projectile will still hit.

But sometimes things will hit you just because of lags/bugs, it's eso, it happens to everyone.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on May 5, 2020 6:22PM
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chelo
    "People will make up any excuse before accepting that maybe the guy who is killing them, is actually better than them...

And also doesn't take a genius to know that if someone play with 300ms or higher, it will be a very bad condition for any fast paced game, any moba, shooter, fighter, or this case a fast paced MMO. It's nothing new... "

It's not an excuse the game is screwy. Telling people with thousands of hours in pvp that their experience with this is a l2p issue and not this broken ass game is a bit ridiculous.
    For example my ping is roughly 50-55ms and I didnt have issues to this extent until they implemented the update feb5th.
    I had my friend watch me lay siege at aleswell last night he started calling me slap stick because he could hear me hitting the button up to seven times before it would fire..... seven times...
    It happens with every skill potion barswap while in battle ITS THE GAME
    Edited by jadarock on May 5, 2020 4:04PM
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chelo
    "People will make up any excuse before accepting that maybe the guy who is killing them, is actually better than them...

And also doesn't take a genius to know that if someone play with 300ms or higher, it will be a very bad condition for any fast paced game, any moba, shooter, fighter, or this case a fast paced MMO. It's nothing new... "

It's not an excuse the game is screwy. Telling people with thousands of hours in pvp that their experience with this is a l2p issue and not this broken ass game is a bit ridiculous.
    For example my ping is roughly 50-55ms and I didnt have issues to this extent until they implemented the update feb5th.
    I had my friend watch me lay siege at aleswell last night he started calling me slap stick because he could hear me hitting the button up to seven times before it would fire..... seven times...
    It happens with every skill potion barswap while in battle ITS THE GAME

[snip]... I'm from a third world country, playing with 160-180ms. You are playing with 50ms and complaining... L2P issues include learn to play around lag. As I said, it's the same in every online multiplayer game ever. I have been playing MMOs since 2004, you get used to it.

That doesn't help the problem. Even if you win a 1vx, it leaves you questioning wether or not you got a lag cary. And i had several situations were i was pretty damn sure it was luck of the lag letting me win. Yes i play on console.

You should try play on PC, the speed of the M+K helps a lot, and also server performance is better.

But you will have learn to play around that, because lag issues have been a problem since the MMO genre was born.

And as I said, everything you are suffering, your opponents are suffering too.

[Edit for religious reference.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 5, 2020 11:52PM
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chelo
    How the heck is it a l2p problem if every single skills take 3-7 presses and maybe it fires?
    Maybe it fires.......
    I'm positive some of you have no clue how the game acts for anyone but yourself.
    Again I've got thousands of hour in cyrodiil it's not a learn to lag problem!! I've got clips bursting people down to nothing and then my ulti fake fires 15times straight or I roll behind a rock and take a complete burst from someone.
    Just a few easy examples to give you is dawnbreaker meteor and leap all causing desync hitting you 3 seconds later and rubberbanding you back after you've blocked and moved away. On a glass char gg have fun on your horse
    If I knew how to upload a few videos I would do it to shut people up about l2p bs .

• jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I set 4 ballistas down and I'm being told their busy and it takes 5 presses to get it to fire How do I l2p. Mind you I've solo siege alessia back wall on a regular. What do I need to learn to get my ballistas to fire or my potion to fire or a barswap or my mag char using stam for skills
    Where is my l2p issue brah?

Ill "l2p" when the game starts accepting my input.
    Edited by jadarock on May 5, 2020 9:25PM
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The explanation makes sense and is observable with some skills.

I play only BGs but i like to push players over ledges with Magnum Shot. Whats noticeable there is that players end up in completely different spots than expected regularly. I have cases where a player is in a straight line between me and a ledge, i hit him and he ends up flying to my right/left. So its noticebale that i hit him, but the push direction was calculated based on his real position, not the one i saw.

I also see cases in chaos ball where a player runs towards the ball spawn and already picks the ball up even if he is still 2s away.

Same goes for attacks where players seem to do way more attacks within a time window than should be possible.