Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do we think of the Alliance Change tokens?

• ValorieW
    ValorieW
    ✭✭✭
    Freaking finally. I chose (or defaulted to) the wrong alliance on a couple of characters, some Bc they are very old characters—including my first ever. I decided I wanted to do ALL the achievements on my “main” but can’t because that character is on the wrong alliance and I’m heavily into pvp on a different alliance. Can’t wait.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It means faction lock is now a "pay to win" feature.
    How? If you join as AD and EP is winning, even if you switched you character to EP using a token you still couldn't play until the campaign reset.

If you are talking non faction lock well it never mattered to begin with.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    It means faction lock is now a "pay to win" feature.
    How? If you join as AD and EP is winning, even if you switched you character to EP using a token you still couldn't play until the campaign reset.

If you are talking non faction lock well it never mattered to begin with.

^^^^

People are not thinking this through.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    The idea is great but it should have been implemented differently. In Wow for example, during the first several years after release, they monitored closely which server had more population for each alliance and introduced faction change tokens for the faction that needs it the most. In other words, the tokens would allow you to reroll to the faction which need help on said server but not the other way around.

Now, with what we have seen in the past in TESO with buffed campaigns centered on one faction at 3bars or max pop farming emperor or pvdooring keeps against the two other factions at low pop, it shows how a large majority of people in this game enjoy playing for the dominant faction no matter the consequences. Most people don't seek a real challenge and they hate to log in to see the map entirely controlled by other factions while they are being pushed to their home keeps.

They don't see that as an opportunity to develop even more fights without pushing as deep in enemy territory. This being said, I believe that the best way to have implemented those faction change tokens would have been to monitor every campaign cycle, which one need it the most and allow a one way transfer to the faction that needs it the most.

I was concerned about the lower pop alliances getting weaker but as I see the players that would go, go already, and the ones left or that come do better and keep it closer; I'm not sure I'm concerned.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's a good thing and I am excited. This will cut down on the amount of characters I have, which is also good.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    These should not be a crownstore item. It should be as simple as talking to an NPC and doing a quest to become a mercenary/spy for another faction. They should lock a person for the entire campaign and cost AP to switch mid campaign if necessary with an incremental cost to avoid abuse. 100k AP, 200k AP, 400k AP, 800k AP, 1600k AP, etc. It can reset every campaign.

Making these a crownstore item is just a money grab at this point.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personaly I'm happy for alliance change tokens.

Got a sorcerer collecting dust on DC which I can't wait to transfer to EP. And I'm to lazy to get undaunted/mages guild/psijic/skillpoints etc on a new sorc so this is perfect :)

Now about that lag...
    Edited by Master_Kas on May 11, 2020 10:29AM
    EU | PC
  • Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they're a joke. They create a problem, then sell a solution.
  • AlAbaster
    AlAbaster
    ✭✭
    I think they are too late! I already deleted everyone who wasn't DC … including a level 50 magsorc. Go Blue!
    The Obsolete Man
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I think they are farcical if they have a cost. ZOS will be even further down the road of profiting from problems they created. That's not bashing ZOS, mods, it's the objective truth.

The proper way to have implemented this would be to remove hard coded Alliances from Cyrodiil entirely. Allow characters to play for any faction and lock them to that Alliance for the duration of the campaign cycle. No cost to players; except perhaps AP. Problem solved.

When ZOS removed Alliance restrictions in Cyrodiil, it was the start of a new epoch in Cyrodiil when cross-faction cultures flourished with a lot of enthusiasm. For the record, it didn't suit my tastes. All of my level 50 characters are AD. But still, I recognize these players were given the freedom to create a new culture so I don't think it was fair to remove it later because it was so disruptive to those affected. The introduction of locked alliances on the main campaign seems to have decimated the enthusiasm that existed by erecting too many barriers for friends to play with each other as they had previously.

From what I can see, a huge part of Cyrodiil's community was lost directly because of the reintroduction of faction locks. I think the fair thing to do is to make Alliance Change Tokens free or extremely inexpensive -- like 50 Crowns. Really, players deserve a more nuanced system that eliminates the Crown Store from the equation.

With the introduce of one tamriel, it doesn't maked any sense that as a player you had to choose or locked in a faction from the beginning. Nothing more immersion breaking then I do ad quest and had to fight my own "alliance".

We should more be handled as mercanarys, factionless, or why my ep char should care of dragons whipping my enemy's homelands? Or my ad char care about vamps overrun a part of skyrim.

Edited by Mortiis13 on June 7, 2020 6:19PM
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do not use (atm) this alliance change token.
    But i'm glad it exists.

And I think we will see real DC/EP/AD players now :)
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use one, you stop getting rewards of the worthy mails.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    Crown wrote: »
    If you use one, you stop getting rewards of the worthy mails.

More like, here is some trash I had laying around mails.
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    Its good so everyone can finally switch to EP where they belong :)
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love them. I'm going to use them on my main to get the last skyshards and then none of my characters will ever have to go anywhere near Cyrodiil ever again. Happy days!
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523