Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Purchasing a CHAPTER DLC over a Key Website/Giveaway (Steam)

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
Let's say you won a Chapter DLC/Pre-Purchase key through a giveaway.
And you were on Steam.

Would you still be able to use the code on the ESO website? Or would you not be able to activate it and would only be able to activate it if it was a steam key?

Thanks for the help.

Edit: changed title to Chapter
Edited by MagicalLija on April 18, 2020 11:25PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key question is whether you (or your friend) really want to play ESO on Steam or not, @AndrejLeo.

Assuming, here, you (they) won it on Steam and are currently playing through Steam.

It is possible to unlink Steam and play through the ESO launcher through an Online Support ticket ... after the key has been applied on Steam.

Of course, you can always contact Online Support first to confirm your options ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 19, 2020 12:28AM
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key question is whether you (or your friend) really want to play ESO on Steam or not, @AndrejLeo.

Assuming, here, you (they) won it on Steam and are currently playing through Steam.

It is possible to unlink Steam and play through the ESO launcher through an Online Support ticket ... after the key has been applied on Steam.

Of course, you can always contact Online Support first to confirm your options ...

Yeah both of us bought it on steam on sale, he doesn't have elsweyr while I pre-ordered it, I'm just wondering since he can buy it on CDKEYS for like £8, just wondering if that's actually possible. Thanks for the help though. I'll create a ticket and just see if it's possible. I would assume so because I've won the devoted torch bug before from Shimmer (<3) and that worked fine, all I had to do was just use the code on the ESO website.
  • alexsayshahab16_ESO
    I'll create a ticket and just see if it's possible.

Hi, did you ever get a response to this? If so I was wandering what the answer was because I have the same question!
    Thanks
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll create a ticket and just see if it's possible.

Hi, did you ever get a response to this? If so I was wandering what the answer was because I have the same question!
    Thanks

Well, I just bought it because I couldn't be bothered to wait.

It works fine, you just punch the code in over the ESO website instead of on steam.

You'll get access to it in-game, you won't be able to see it however on steam under DLCs which is a bit annoying.

But yeah everything worked fine :)
  • alexsayshahab16_ESO
    Well, I just bought it because I couldn't be bothered to wait.

It works fine, you just punch the code in over the ESO website instead of on steam.

You'll get access to it in-game, you won't be able to see it however on steam under DLCs which is a bit annoying.

But yeah everything worked fine :)

Great that's good to know!
    And thanks for the reply it's much appreciated.