The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Worst ever grind over the years?

• A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any kind of grind that requires a tp because that risks infinite/long loading screens.
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in this order

1) learning vMA for the first time on a stam char with 0 shields (silly boy - can do it in about 40 mins now)
    2) master angler (109 hours)
    3) mages guild skill line (about 3 days)
    4) psijic skill line (about 2 days)
    5) farming BSW inferno - 4 years and counting still....
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ain't seen anything yet - Wait to you try and farm mythics in the antiquities system
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vma weapons, lorebooks, psijic
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone saying anything in ESO is a grind is sort of lol.
    Agreed :D

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nk125x wrote: »
    You ain't seen anything yet - Wait to you try and farm mythics in the antiquities system

You can buy and sell leads so I doubt it will be that bad.

Leveling the antiquity skill lines will take at least a week, you also need around 30 free skill points..
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vMA weapons before transmutation and after they increased the trait pool.
    EU PC
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggest grind for me is emperor
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting all furnishing plans in the game, especially the purple Ayleid Ones. You either farm RNG for ages or you 20+ million gold most likely to get those 3.

Grand Overlord is also a grind, but at last it's not really rng in it. And it's a lot more fun for me compared to a lot of other farms.

Master Angler, mostly because of the rng.
  • Yukon2112
    Yukon2112
    ✭✭✭
    VR1 to Vr16
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I finally got my sharpened Moondancer swords about two weeks before they became useless with Morrowind. That was pretty bad. I still keep them for nostalgia though.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Lumenn wrote: »
    Many of us have played other mmos in our past, so farming/grinding is nothing new(mainly EQ for me over a decade.) In your years of playing ESO what's been your worst grind/ farm? Doesn't have to be GRUELING like when vma first came out, can be mind numbingly horrible like my 123 times in VOM for ONE lightning staff that's a NAMED DROP off Grothdar. When was is RNG just owned you like you insulted its mother?

Fishing.

Any game that puts fishing achievements into the main game has created the worst grind in a game.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing here compares to the grinding I've done in MMOs over the years. In Rappelz, it took a year to go from 80 to 100, playing every day for a couple of hours a day. The grind for the then level cap of 170 was a multi year project, even from 120.

I was going to say the worst grind I've done was Wintersaber rep in vanilla WoW. ;)

But yeah, just leveling in those 'classic' eastern MMOs - wheeeeeee. (but they'd sell you xp boosters! >:) )
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on April 30, 2020 2:41PM
  • Locnaar
    Locnaar
    ✭✭✭
    After 6 years of playing: got emperess; got master angler- got my BSW inferno staff- but I haven't even gotten close to 5-star overlord (PVP). I am not sure if that's laziness on my part or something else altogether, but I know what must be done ……
    GRIND.
    former GM All's Faire Trading Guild

beta tester Jan 2014

overheard in Reaper's Marsh (random brigand) "I only kill people who kill people, 'cause killin' people is wrong ..."
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran ranks, that system was horrible 😣 it was just so tedious. Psijic, mages guild ain't so much better e8ther. Thank god we can buy them now at least.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't grind. And the only farming I do is actual farming/gardening that has significantly better payoff than anything in a video game can.

So I suppose... all of them? Because I don't do any of them? If I can't get something by playing the game like I would normally, I can't be bothered.