The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Make Vampiric Drain an Offensive Version of Mend Wounds

Elusiin
Elusiin
✭✭✭✭✭
What if instead of a channel ability, it was a toggle that enhanced your light and heavy attacks?? This would fix all the problems with the ability in PvP settings, while maintaining it's function for tanks in PvE, and this would effectively fix vampire's sustain problem.

Light attacks -> steal some health and grant ultimate or stamina depending on morph
Heavy attacks -> basically channel like the ability does now
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    That doesnt seem like a terrible idea! However the light attack variant seems very similar to Siphoning Strike morphs. NBs are already upset at vampire getting invisibility, I cant imagine this idea would go down well for them
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paradisius wrote: »
    That doesnt seem like a terrible idea! However the light attack variant seems very similar to Siphoning Strike morphs. NBs are already upset at vampire getting invisibility, I cant imagine this idea would go down well for them

I'm trying to think of simple changes to the vampire that could make it's kit mechanically viable across multiple roles. Right now it doesn't seem to have too much going for any one role and that's a problem since it's designed to encourage players to use all of the vampire abilities. I understand NB might not be happy, but you give up a LOT to be a vampire, so it should outshine some class abilities.
  • Charon_on_Vacation
    Charon_on_Vacation
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'd like that
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea, would be better than the normal drain.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea a lot. Heavy attacking would be like how it is now as a constant drain effect, and this might make up for the lack of a DOT attack on the current vampire skill line. Also would help in maintaining Blood Frenzy, although I personally found out using the Hiti's set greatly buffs the vampire play style with that constant heal and resource regeneration.

Probably the best part about making it a toggle ability like Mend Wounds is it'd give us a ranged attack so we're not constantly trying to scratch at people with our claws, which feels like something a blood fiend would do.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would honestly make it so fun, make it feel more powerful, more controllable, what a drain should be.
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, you say the current vampire can't fill a role and they are trying to make people use only vampire abilities, but tha tis just not true, and even if it was this would not fix that. I know people are panicing about the vamp rework and scrambling to suggest fixes, but it doesn't really need them and the only thing you can expect from them is number adjustments, not whole mechanic changes. The abilties we got is all we are going to get mechanically. I personally wish they would revert the stam drain to a magicka drain, but I don't think that is going to happen.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elusiin wrote: »
    What if instead of a channel ability, it was a toggle that enhanced your light and heavy attacks?? This would fix all the problems with the ability in PvP settings, while maintaining it's function for tanks in PvE, and this would effectively fix vampire's sustain problem.

Light attacks -> steal some health and grant ultimate or stamina depending on morph

Could also just make it a tether
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    Elusiin wrote: »

Could also just make it a tether

I also felt this was a good idea too, though I think I would enjoy the various in light and heavy attacks as a vampire, I feel it would make the class stand out a bit more and would offer greater return on stats when you could do heavy channel vs just a tether.
  • Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭
    NB might cry a bit but from the other side it would combine with siphoning strikes so... stay in a fight like a men and get proper healing from damaging enemy. I play NB warrior oriented (dark cloak) so it would appeal to me :D
    Edited by Suligost on April 30, 2020 1:57PM
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suligost wrote: »
    NB might cry a bit but from the other side it would combine with siphoning strikes so... stay in a fight like a men and get proper healing from damaging enemy. I play NB warrior oriented so it would appeal to me :D

Would also synergize with warden health on hit ability, dragonknight heavy attack +40% buff, sorc bound armaments dagger things, templar solar barrage, so on.. I think it would be appealing to most and improve a major weak point for vampires. I hope they go this route with that ability.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love this idea!
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love more healing on my vampire magblade especially since I will likely go full vampire if it’s viable
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love more healing on my vampire magblade especially since I will likely go full vampire if it’s viable

I agree and I do not think it would be overpowered for any one class, mainly because of 100% health recovery reduction and abilities costing health, but also because every class has some kind of ability that would synergize with this one.