The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What classes seem good next update?

erio
erio
✭✭✭✭✭
Im returning to the game and i'm not sure what class to play, what do you guys foresee being strong in pvp next update?
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    what do you guys foresee being strong in pvp next update?

Lag.
  • Regrief
    Regrief
    Soul Shriven
    I foresee people complain then quit.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade Kappa
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden and Necro
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamden and stamcro are the safest and strong.

If you want to play Magicka go Templar.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For mag- sorc, dk, warden.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar with the reworked vampire seems pretty strong, magsorc always a safe bet.
    Stam side pretty much anything, people rip stamblade, but with defensive sets getting nerfed, the maneuverability of stamblade might put them back on the map.
    Magcro/den with the new vamp stun should be good for group play, assuming they fix the stun as it is a bit buggy on pts atm.
    Honestly with all the changes coming its all up in the air atm.
    Should wait for the patch to hit live servers before we pass judgement.
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    the maneuverability of stamblade might put them back on the map
    ...wherever the nearest respawn point is.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nb..
  • Zabulus
    Zabulus
    ✭✭✭
    Whats will be godlike in the next xpack ?
    Pay to win classes, stam version.

Stam warden & stam necro.
    You can forget to play another class if you dont want to get owned 24/7
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    surprised to see so many people suggesting NB. I imagine it will remain largely where it is right now, perhaps worse given the heavy attack out of cloak nerf.

change to bloodspawn may hit stam dk hard, but I think they will remain strong. other than that, I see the general tier list looking pretty similar until we have a better idea of how werewolf / vampire will impact pvp.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    surprised to see so many people suggesting NB. I imagine it will remain largely where it is right now, perhaps worse given the heavy attack out of cloak nerf.

change to bloodspawn may hit stam dk hard, but I think they will remain strong. other than that, I see the general tier list looking pretty similar until we have a better idea of how werewolf / vampire will impact pvp.

I personally think that NBs, particularly magNB's, will be hurt by the update more than helped. Quite a lot actually. When people say NB's will be better, I'm positive they're thinking of gankers and nothing else.

Currently many (although obviously not all) magblades run vampirism, in particular those who rely on cloak. The increased sneak speed, damage reduction, mist form for those who run it, and increased recovery all work very well with the cloaky-style of magblade play.

If the vamp cost increases go through it will make running a higher stage vamp very difficult, especially considering the additional loss of the mag and stam sustain passive. If it ends up being that stage 1 is all that can be reasonably afforded, that's a big loss in damage reduction and recovery.

The 20% nerf in healing is going to hurt tremendously for a class that has no burst emergency heals. If people turn en masse towards either overall mitigation in place of armor due to all the new pen sets, or just even more tankiness in general to compensate, this will in turn reduce NB healing even further as a result of Swallow Soul and light attacks not hitting as hard.

The nerf to defensive sets is going to be painful for squishy magblades who relied on a defensive set so they could push enough damage with their other sets..

The general increase in damage is going to make magblades that much easier to burst down, especially without them being given anything to compensate (all while losing, at minimum, 20% of their own healing). Many already have to sacrifice a great deal more defense in relation to other classes just to have enough damage to kill tankier players.

Personally, I feel that come Greymoor is going to put every magblade who isn't either a ganker or dark-cloaker into a worse position than they are now, and will likely polarize the class even further into speccing to be 100% glass-cannon gankers or dark-cloak tankers.

Man. Just writing all that out...I think I might of picked a horrible time to fall in love with playing a magblade =(
    Edited by JayKwellen on May 1, 2020 4:25AM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its too vague of a question.
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any stam class apart from Stamblade or maybe Stamsorc.
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • Axx_Xa
    Axx_Xa
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf.
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Play whatever you like bro meta or not, if you like the play style and don't get salty when others who follow the meta kills you, you should be fine.
    If you do get salty and want the strongest spec just follow the meta xd. In my opinion its stamcro then stamden then stamplar.
    Edited by Greek_Hellspawn on May 1, 2020 9:56PM
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Idk top but i know stam dk will be good. Dizzy swing+ sthuns into a leap = dead for targets that dont have a burst heal. If that does not kill you executioner will.

I have a feeling any class using dizzy + stuhn is gonna be ok stamcro stamden or magplar. In general classes with good heals and a good on command to off balance.

Everybody has access to off balance through champ points but classes that get it while attacking with have the most amount of time to capitalize since they are already on the offensive. With a dodge roll you may lose a second or two getting back on the offensive. Pair that with a good source of healing to recover quicker than your enemy and your probably going to do alright for the most part.

Edited by WacArnold on May 2, 2020 12:56AM
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel stamblade will be much stronger with the resistance nerfs and the addition of stuhn, it might give night blade the high damage again to cut through more tanky builds, if stamcro ghost and blastbones isn’t nerfed it will likely remain meta, magden ult dump duelling build will be looking strong with masters destro buff too
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything stamina as usual, with Stamden and stamcro at the top, because $$$.

BUT Stam sorc will be left to dust because surge cannot work with malacath of pay to win.
    NB in general will be even less good - maybe pure ganker builds will then be able to kill someone with a brain.

Magplar will be very strong because it has acces to off balance and is already top mag class.

If you don't wanna die and play alone, go Magsorc and Streak as far as you can when that stamcro noticed you, it's all you can do anyway with 0 resistances.

Everything else not speaking is obviously not worth playing.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

BUT Stam sorc will be left to dust because surge cannot work with malacath of pay to win.
    NB in general will be even less good - maybe pure ganker builds will then be able to kill someone with a brain.

Magplar will be very strong because it has acces to off balance and is already top mag class.

If you don't wanna die and play alone, go Magsorc and Streak as far as you can when that stamcro noticed you, it's all you can do anyway with 0 resistances.

Malacath should set critical damage modifier to 0, and slightly reduce its power.
    As it is now, tanky classes that dont rely heavily on crits will get to much power out of it.
    This ring plus impen changes don't bode well for stamsorc/blade and even stamplar since they also benefit heavily from crits.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Malacath should set critical damage modifier to 0, and slightly reduce its power.
    As it is now, tanky classes that dont rely heavily on crits will get to much power out of it.
    This ring plus impen changes don't bode well for stamsorc/blade and even stamplar since they also benefit heavily from crits.

Yup, they should reduce malacth to 20% at least to give better pressure but less burst and make it work with critical surge by making crit doing 0 damage.

With 4 impen and 42cp in crit resist, I have 3300 crit resist, so 50%, a class without critical damage has 20% increase from CP, so they will deal 20% more damage to me WHEN they crit, malacth would give them 25% all the time. This is complelty OP.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Stam
    Yep. Probably gonna be the most Stamina-dominant patch yet, and that's really saying something. I think the Mag Sorcs that are used to playing glass cannon setups will probably still do OK, otherwise no-CP is going to be pretty ridiculous if you're Magicka. And I guess Magicka Templar might be decent if Stuhn's stays mostly the same; they'll have silly damage like Stam builds, but without the same level of mobility and survivability.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped using surge anyway (on no cp). I found I survived longer with rally than I ever did with surge, and if I used both I never noticed the difference anyway, especially with the blanket healing nerf.
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »
    I personally think that NBs, particularly magNB's, will be hurt by the update more than helped. Quite a lot actually. When people say NB's will be better, I'm positive they're thinking of gankers and nothing else.

Just imagine all the posts on the forum asking for nightblade nerfs from ppl after getting ganked by someone using balorgh+stuhn+caluurion
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    My magblade build got buffed for next patch. Lots of people are going to be messing with vamp plus tankiness got toned down a bit and wear zaans and clever front bar with a potentates resto back bar. Next patch zaan is getting buffed so those vamps will burn and with the changes to fire destro i can easily get rid of the potentates resto make clever my back bar and front bar masters fire staff. Or just keep the build as it is it doesnt matter too much.
    Edited by mikey_reach on May 5, 2020 1:01AM
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

not really
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Which classes rank top 3 next patch and which ones rank bottom 3? Specific enough for ya bud?
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which classes rank top 3 next patch and which ones rank bottom 3? Specific enough for ya bud?

Top 3:
    Stamcro
    Stamden
    Magsorc

Bottom 3:
    Magcro
    Magblade
    Magdk
  • SebDeTyra
    SebDeTyra
    ✭✭✭
    Stamcro and stamden will continue to be as broken and boring as before.