The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Utilizing the Antiquities system demands access to EVERY story dlc?

redgreensunset
redgreensunset
✭✭✭✭✭
Let me get this straight since I'm getting conflicting information in other threads on this, utilizing the Antiquities system demands not just access to Greymoor and the base game but that you have access to every single story DLC published for ESO? And if so presumably will need access to all future story DLCs as well because they said they'd update this with every new zone that comes out iirc. You can't just use it with the base game alone?

If this is true this smells way off and means that the price for Greymoor is a lot higher than advertised.
Edited by redgreensunset on April 29, 2020 6:13PM
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    No, it just means you can't get those items that are located in the DLC zone. You should be able to make use of the rest
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tl;dr intentional decison to get more money out of you.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. It’s not called pay-to-win for nothing.

I know you NEED both wrothgar and summer set. There are a few others out there too.
  • indigorune
    indigorune
    ✭✭✭
    You don't NEED any of the dlcs to use the antiquity system. You just won't have access to the leads in those zones. Just as you don't have access to, say, the delves or public dungeons in those zones. if you want all the leads, you need all the dlcs. How is that pay to win? There is nothing that will make you "win" locked behind any of the antiquities, much less specifically the dlc zone ones.
    PC-NA | EP
    PvE main --> K'hira - Khajiiti stamblade
    Trade Guild: Free Marketers
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...this is really a non-issue. You already don't have access to any BOP gear from dlc you don't own, or the achievement furnishings or collectibles for that matter. This is hardly any different.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Yeah...this is really a non-issue. You already don't have access to any BOP gear from dlc you don't own, or the achievement furnishings or collectibles for that matter. This is hardly any different.

It's different in that if you want the BoP gear from Summerset, all you need to own is Summerset. If you want the BoP gear from Greymoor, you need to own Greymoor, Summerset, Orsinium, and Murkmire.

Most people will already own those DLCs, and it'll be nice to have a reason to go back to them. But the reasoning behind this design choice is clear. ZOS wants all the new players jumping on the Skyrim nostalgia train to buy additional DLCs or subscribe.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 29, 2020 8:55PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's different in that if you want the BoP gear from Summerset, all you need to own is Summerset. If you want the BoP gear from Greymoor, you need to own Greymoor, Summerset, Orsinium, and Murkmire.

Most people will already own those DLCs, and it'll be nice to have a reason to go back to them. But the reasoning behind this design choice is clear. ZOS wants all the new players jumping on the Skyrim nostalgia train to buy additional DLCs or subscribe.

How dare a company want customers to buy and experience the entire product.
  • TheStarfighter
    TheStarfighter
    ✭✭✭

At first I was thinking you were making a mistake but i check the patch note and yes i understand what you mean.

I was about to say that we were talking about furniture or emote so not a big deal but concerning the mythic item 6 are introduce 3 in DLC zone. I think it's not a bad idea, this game is build around chapter/ DLC so it would be dumb for an activities that make you travel to skip those zone.

But if you really think they were so greedy : why did they put this item in Orsinium (one of the first DLC) and Summerset and Murkmire who were released two years ago and are cheaper and cheaper. And also let me remind you that if you buy greymoor (not the update) you have all 3 Chapter (Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr) and if you are so desperate for 3 item level up your Antiquities and then benefit for a eso+ free week and do those item ...

Let's not forget that those item are novelties not incredible super powerful item so ...

I mean wow for 3 item not need to raise a shield <3
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all just has access to every DLC story except the northern Elsweyr. So OP has nothing to worry about. An ESO+ trial will happen again, and again, and again.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At first I was thinking you were making a mistake but i check the patch note and yes i understand what you mean.

I was about to say that we were talking about furniture or emote so not a big deal but concerning the mythic item 6 are introduce 3 in DLC zone. I think it's not a bad idea, this game is build around chapter/ DLC so it would be dumb for an activities that make you travel to skip those zone.

But if you really think they were so greedy : why did they put this item in Orsinium (one of the first DLC) and Summerset and Murkmire who were released two years ago and are cheaper and cheaper. And also let me remind you that if you buy greymoor (not the update) you have all 3 Chapter (Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr) and if you are so desperate for 3 item level up your Antiquities and then benefit for a eso+ free week and do those item ...

Let's not forget that those item are novelties not incredible super powerful item so ...

I mean wow for 3 item not need to raise a shield <3

To spread it out so people would need to have them all? If they wasn't been greedy why did they have to split the items up?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • TheStarfighter
    TheStarfighter
    ✭✭✭
    To spread it out so people would need to have them all? If they wasn't been greedy why did they have to split the items up?

Because it's kind the point of this new system to take the player on old area to revisit them across Tamriel ?
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm shocked. A game development company asks that you pay for new content so that they can make a profit and pay their workers. SHOCKED I SAY!
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elusiin wrote: »
    I'm shocked. A game development company asks that you pay for new content so that they can make a profit and pay their workers. SHOCKED I SAY!

It’s not about paying for new content it’s about being forced to purchase content you’re not interested in to get gear that’s arbitrary locked behind multiple expansions and dlc.
    Zone locked gear is one thing, but gear locked behind multiple expansions and dlc just adds multiple layers of greed.

No one “needs” anything, but you do “need” multiple dlc and expansions to unlock features that we added for/to one specific expansion.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok but the pieces aren’t that good only one that decent is the gloves. Then there is that ring that would be great for farmers all the others are very niche and doubt would be used much
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No different from getting a treasure map for a DLC zone you don't have access to.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elusiin wrote: »

It’s not about paying for new content it’s about being forced to purchase content you’re not interested in to get gear that’s arbitrary locked behind multiple expansions and dlc.

So, um, question. Why does it make sense to just give everyone access to the rewards from an expansion or DLC even if they never bought it?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Consider this scenario. The antiquities system was in place since base game launch. With each new expansion and DLC, new items were added to the antiquities system that were specific to those expansions and DLCs.

How is that different from creating the antiquities system now and including items specific to expansion and DLC zones?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • El_Ploplo
    El_Ploplo
    Soul Shriven
    I think it is usually a good thing. In too many different games, dlcs and mechanics they implement feels disconnected one to each other. Having leads and excavations in old dlc is immersive and add a new incentive to go there. It improves old dlc by a small amount.
    Think about it like they are adding more to previous dlcs instead of ripping off content in the new one and you'll see that it is a perfect solution for everyone.
    Besides, old zones can be quite cheap sometimes, just wait for a sale and you can have it for a relatively small price (or just get eso+ for one month if you really care about doing all excavations or wait for the free trial).