The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How long of a grind will it be to get a specific Mythic Item?

RiskyChalice863
RiskyChalice863
✭✭✭
I’m not on PTS so I can’t really tell, but I am very curious about this, because I really want to get Thrassian Stranglers when Greymoor comes out, but I don’t have tons of time or patience for grinds (though it’s possible that I’d find this grind fun—who knows). How much of a grind will it be to get it?

As far as I can tell, you have to find leads for an item—which there will probably very quickly be stuff on the internet saying where those leads can be found for specific items. And then you must scry the lead and then go to various spots and excavate.

I get all of that, but I’m still not clear on how much of a grind this will be. Do you have to have maxed out scrying and/or excavating in order to get the actual Mythic items. As far as I can tell, it does seem you need to essentially max out scrying to be able to scry for an item that good, though it doesn’t seem like you’d need to max out excavation. Is that right? If so, how long would you estimate it’d take to actually grind the skill line up to full?

And all things combined—i.e. the time to grind skill lines to be able to get Mythic items, the time spent trying to get leads for the specific item, and the time spent scrying and excavating—how much time would you say it’d take me to acquire Thrassian Stranglers?
  • Long_Distance
    Long_Distance
    ✭✭✭
    Do these anitiquity items loose all their other properties other than their genuine bonuses? As in can the rings still be enchanted and do they have traits that can be transmuted?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's going to be different for every player for sure, @RiskyChalice863.

Players in the PTS forums are more or less grinding their Antiquities up to max level ten (10) in about a week.

So, you're going to have to adjust your grinding time accordingly (faster or slower depending on your personal tolerance for grinding).

After that, you're going to need some luck to get the correct lead for all five (5) Thrassian pieces and then dig them up.

Maybe a week and a half if you're lucky ... but likely more than that.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do these anitiquity items loose all their other properties other than their genuine bonuses? As in can the rings still be enchanted and do they have traits that can be transmuted?

Rings can be enchanted and transmuted, yes, @Long_Distance.

However, remember that you can only slot one (1) mythic item at a time ... you can't wear both mythic rings at the same time, for example. Nor can you wear one ring and the snow treaders at the same time.

GTcIKNA.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 29, 2020 6:32AM
  • RiskyChalice863
    RiskyChalice863
    ✭✭✭

Rings can be enchanted and transmuted, yes, @Long_Distance.

However, remember that you can only slot one (1) mythic item at a time ... you can't wear both rings a the same time, for example. Nor can you wear one ring and the snow treaders at the same time.

GTcIKNA.png

Since you are helpfully answering multiple questions on this topic, I figure I’d ask you another one that came to mind just now: Are Mythic Items limited to only the character you got them on, or can they be shared account-wide?

The main reason I ask is because I read that Thrassian Stranglers ultimately requires going to an area you can only get to if you finish the Mage’s Guild questline. On the character I want the Thrassian Stranglers on, I haven’t done any Mage’s Guild grinding at all (and you need to be level 5 to finish the questline), and I find Mage’s Guild grinding to be far and away the worst thing in this game, and I’d very very much like to avoid doing any more of it (I don’t have any character at Mage’s Guild level 10–the grind is just too painful, such that I’d rather quit the game than grind it to level 10–so I can’t just crown store my way to level 10 on another character).
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are just bound, @RiskyChalice863 ... so, yes, you can put them in your bank and share between your characters. ;)
  • RiskyChalice863
    RiskyChalice863
    ✭✭✭
    They are just bound, @RiskyChalice863 ... so, yes, you can put them in your bank and share between your characters. ;)

That is a relief!
  • Sirdorian
    Sirdorian
    ✭✭✭
    Also a question to this topic.
    Is position of the items fix? So for example the 17 mount pieces for every player the Same?
    Or do you loot so a chest and get total random reward (as in other chests)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sirdorian wrote: »
    Also a question to this topic.
    Is position of the items fix? So for example the 17 mount pieces for every player the Same?
    Or do you loot so a chest and get total random reward (as in other chests)

Will you take "yes" and "no" as an answer? ;)

The leads to find the mount pieces could be obtained anywhere and are random RNG. My mount piece lead was looted from a boss in the Nchuthnkarst public dungeon.

The actual locations of the dig sites appear to be fixed ... based on @Saucy_Jack's feedback thread. However, you're still required to have a lead to scry and spawn the dig site.

As for mythic items, those are definitely random RNG. For example, the Snow Treader fragments are listed in the EP zones of Eastmarch, The Rift, Western Skyrim, and Bleackrock (as well as Coldharbour). But my fragment dropped in Cyrodiil and I didn't need a lead for it.