The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO64 Task Manager Process high usage - AMD A10-7870K

Jimboo84
Jimboo84
✭✭✭
Hi all,

I've playing this game years on my desktop.
Nowadays ESO is, again, hanging on the loading screens... When I check the Task Manager I see the following process taking is taking very high usage of its CPU:
rc8dtd3imv82.jpg

Anyone experiencing the same with the ESO task as in printscreen?

PS. only ESO is running,. CPU load is going back to normal after choosing End Task in Task Manager.

Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • MilkJugg24
    MilkJugg24
    ✭✭
    In the screenshot you provided, the CPU is sitting at a toasty 95 degrees celcius. This indicates to me that your CPU is overheating and is being thermal-throttled to a lower clock speed to decrease the temperature to avoid a shutdown. Since the clock speed is lower, the CPU usage ceiling is lowered, hence the appearance of a maxed out CPU.

It looks like you're using an AMD APU, whether desktop or laptop, please make sure that the heatsink fan is working normally. If you find that the fan is broken, find a replacement and you should be seeing many of these issues resolve immediately. A thermal throttling CPU can cause many other problems such as audio crackling, system hangs, screen flickering, etc.. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
    I play on PC NA! Currently looking for a casual dungeon and trial group/guild. If you want to talk, feel free to message me here or in-game to Pizza (Yes, I'm the original Pizza)
    Follow me on Twitter for video games and cats. I also casually stream on Twitch!