Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS5/Xbox Series X Questions

Suddwrath
Suddwrath
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
When the new consoles are released later this year, will:
1) New servers be created for the next gen consoles, or will they use the existing console servers?
2) Will a new PS5/XSX version be released, or will it only be PS4/Xbone backwards compatible?
3) Will players automatically get a free copy of the PS5/XSX version, or will they have to purchase the game again to play on the new consoles?
4) Will any purchased chapters/DLC/Crown Store items be transferred to the PS5/XSX version?
5) If new servers are created, will account transfers be offered the same way that they were at console release?
Edited by Suddwrath on April 25, 2020 3:21PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s too early for these questions, @SaltySudd ... as ZOS has not released info yet.

I highly doubt there will be separate servers dedicated to the new gen console.
  • NavalOffisah
    NavalOffisah
    ✭✭✭
    I expect that there will not be separate servers, both PS5 and XSX are backwards compatible so you would use your existing version of ESO. If they treat it like Final Fantasy, expect support for the old console for at least a few years, and then support for PS4/XB1 will likely be stopped, and everyone playing will be on the new consoles.

I anticipate immediate performance increases on the new consoles as a result of better hardware as well