Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frustration Levels Rising

Earthewen
Earthewen
✭✭✭✭✭
Dear ZOS,

Your game was so amazing. But not anymore. The lag is in pvp AND pve. The CC cooldown in pvp is nonexistent so the ability to counter much isn't really there. It doesn't matter what faction you play, you still get the same lag that makes the game unplayable. I don't know what you're doing, but I"d think with the covid-19 going on, you'd realize people are using your game to help them get through the cabin fever. I'm terribly disappointed. Not even Thornblade was this bad.

Frustration levels rising for so many players.

• caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least we got gold spelunker in the vendor
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Rhandee235
    Rhandee235
    ✭✭✭
    I started playing on day one, April 2014. Have subscribed the entire time. Today is the last day of subscription. ZOS doesn't get another freaking penny out of me until they fix Cyrodiil. Tonight was a new low in performance, which is hard to imagine if you have tried to play in that lagfest lately. I am hoping for one of the two new MMOs to get up and running, and I really feel that ZOS has already pulled the plug on trying to fix ESO - seeing the end of their run with this game.
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    My frustration levels aren't rising, they are peaking with the fact that the last month has seen Cyrodiil performance being the worst its ever been
    Edited by twitch_zero on April 11, 2020 4:07AM
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I simply have decided to stop doing pvp and stop subscribing. Been playing since beta.

Lag is simply too much. Would be nice to hear something besides “performance is a priority” or “we are looking into it”.

Onto the next game.
    Ray
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems the norm now is that no matter if you are 1v1, 4v4, 8v8 and any other combination there is an artificial throttling of the skills happening. Its quite obvious, not just large groups suffer but they seem to suffer much more so- but all players are seeing a throttle of the speed that the game is responding to the keystrokes.

Now all you need to do is throw in unfixed longstanding bugs, massive combat changes in resource management and crippling lag and you have the end result of the ‘combat overhaul.’ ZOS appears to be gone- MIA as the game dies completely and we are left with something I have to say after being here since the beginning…….just isn’t fun anymore. For the game design team- just letting you know, your game is not fun. Not at all. As I write this a guild of 160 players is looking for a new game that is fun.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]
    The silence from the devs is deafening.

[removed quoted content]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on April 14, 2020 5:35PM
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game managers running things now aren't the devs who created it. They're in over their heads, but the bean counters are never going to invest in getting more talent, or better talent. ESO endgame may be dead, but they don't care about a niche when the great bulk of casuals aren't playing at a level where performance really matters. Casuals and COVID hermits are going to continue filling the coffers whether they fix things or not, so why invest?
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I call you very patient. 6 years of failures has led to many many to check the life quality outside of the game. The game is absolutely thrilling at best but can lead to frustation at times.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always said that the creativity that created the graphics and the rest of the game was phenomenal. First rate. Originally, the game was fun, even with the lag of Thornblade. Now ... With CCs the way they are the game got unfun for me. Now, it's just a race to CC people to death and then throw ultimate skills before the other team. It's been headed this way for a long time, but now it is complete. If they are trying to fix the performance issues, I'm not sure what they're really doing. I hate to be blunt, but I'm stating the obvious. It just isn't fun anymore.
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you log into a game to have fun, and your frustration level is higher at the end of your time than when you came, the game is failing.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't logged in since April 6th because of performance issues. I used to be excited when i had time to play now I just refuse to log in because I know what will happen.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My frustration levels are actually dropping. I think it has something to do with the fact that I don't log onto ESO daily anymore.

Not even the anniversary box-palooza has given me enough incentive to bother with the thing anymore. Besides, given the fact that my last 50 or so boxes have contained zero motif pages, and I hear others reporting drops in drops, I just don't care about the whole nonsense at all.

PVP is a total train wreck, the game is still trying to figure out its core gameplay, with wild sweeping design changes introduced every 6 months or so, the RNG based loot mechanics require an inordinate amount of grind, and the game itself keeps pushing crown spending on you at every frigging step.

For me personally, it's the ridiculous amount of grind that has killed it. I was willing to put up with it, as long as PVP was still enjoyable, but it has degraded so much that there really is no saving grace left for ESO at all.

For example, last week I had an idea about a possibly fun build to run around with. The problem? To get the required parts for the thing, I would have to grind 20 to 30 hours at the minimum, just to have all the stuff I need. (If everything was BOE, instead of so much of it being BOP, I'd be much happier with the game.) And I just am not willing to do that, not for an idea I would play for 20 or 30 hours before wanting to try something different. Too much prepping for too little fun, I'd much rather just play some other game, and have good solid 50 hours of fun.

And with every sweeping reform of the game, I have to rebuild the kit of each of my characters. That gets tedious. (I dread to see what the Greymoor PTS is gonna reveal...) I have dozens of golded out kits sitting in storage by now, for the off hand chance, that they might come relevant once again, thanks to some crazy wild hare brained design change in a future patch.

It was the PVP side of things, that kept me playing despite all that, but now... What with the appalling performance, unbalanced sides, faction stacking via lag for win, and all the other nonsense that is standard for PVP these days, I log on maybe once or twice a week when that PVP ache kicks in, and am quickly reminded why this is no longer my default daily dose of gaming.

So yeah... Playing something else really does help with lowering one's frustration levels.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cost too much money to fix game at this point compared to what it's worth. My bet is, they gonna sell this skyrim patch, they focus on elder scrolls 6.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Saepio
    Saepio
    ✭✭✭
    NA players stating that PvP performance is atrocious, try being an Oceanic based player! I have been here since 2014 as well, and ffs the performance now is just off the charts bad. Thing is ping and frames don't look that bad (for me 80 fps/280 ping during NA quiet time) but skills don't fire, bars don't swap and CC is constant and basically unbreakable, that is besides all the regular (they're a feature now?) bugs that infest Cyro. I am running out of patience, still subscribed, but ZOS needs to turn the corner to improved performance, and soon!
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all my years of gaming history i've never played anything that gets me as frustrated as ESO - nothing works!!! i look like a complete tool entering a fight 1v1 and being CC'd and nothing i do registers so i eat the whole CC full duration then die.
    Playing a magden as well its not like i can even return the favour.
    I hate this feeling so much,
    Really though at this point, just take CC's out!
    Take in combat status out as well so i can get on my mount please.
    Edited by Starlight_Knight on April 12, 2020 10:41PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    they are completely inept.

The silence from the devs is deafening.

It may be that they are prohibited from posting...Summerset was the last time I saw any lower level member of the dev team post anything. That was also the last good patch IMO. How coincidental...
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it me or has performance improved since yesterday's patch? Game is still randomly freezing though.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed a few posts from this thread that we bashing the developers or otherwise violating our forum rules. Please ensure your posts remain respectful going forward. We can understand your frustration at the situation, but we do ask you to keep your comments civil.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is in a pretty sorry state, every time I think this game cannot get worse it does.

I have no had a pleasant experience in cyrodiil in months and it's solely because zos cannot get their game performance together.

Skills not firing off, transporting across the battlefield, they should be embarrassed, but they aren't. They just play PR and keep their heads in the sand and hope that some promises of improvement will tide people over until the next big release. I guess it's been working for them.

How many times do I have to hit a button to get a skill to fire off? Ten isn't working.
    How many times do I have to click a door to go inside? Once? No, tried that. More than that and it's just a crapshoot of whether you double door or get inside, but I can tell you one time does not work if the server has more than five people on it fighting.

Cyrodiil has been the biggest failure of this game from launch on it's been a straight downward spiral.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing that astounds me is that people don't seem to understand the power of a good PVP area. First of all, the concept of pvp in this game is fantastic. It really is. I used to play 18 hours a day and I knew a ton of other people that did as well. It is all extremely addicting. The fun factor was (and is when everything works properly) through the roof. I couldn't wait to get home, log on, and I'd stay logged on as long as possible and longer than I should have. I usually ended up buying with actual money all the things I didn't want to spend time getting in game. Extra mounts, etc. Now, I won't spend real money. Just not gonna do it.

Now, with all the bugs, exploits, and other problems such as lag, it just isn't as fun or addictive prompting more and more people to log off ... not log on.
    Edited by Earthewen on April 17, 2020 2:48PM
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    TL;DR: Don't read, skip! (I just scrolled up from the bottom. This turned out to be a subjective, but substantive, melodramatic rant. Consider yourself warned!) 

Less than a week ago, my subscription expired. Honestly, I'm not happy about not renewing ESO+, as I have enjoyed ESO itself so incredibly much over all these years since the beta.

It has brought so many hours, so many thousand hours; of joy and fun, adrenalin and despair, rage and smugness. 

When I think about it, I even went from my old school laptop to assembling my own gaming rig, just for Skyrim with mods and ESO with add-ons. 

To this date, I still enjoy my 2600k unchanged rig, but I can sadly not say the same for ESO, even though it's changes, on the other hand, have been countless since.

I really try to enjoy it, I really do! So I find myself exploring new builds and play styles, finding new ways to experience the game. To not let the frustration win. Adapt or die, they say. Adapt and kill, I say! (In-game ofc.. :3)

Amazingly enough, I enjoyed the same archer assassin type build for the first 4-5 years. But with all the nerfs (oversimplified, but generally speaking) instead of buffs, and the Bosmer passive changes hitting me the hardest..

... It at least made me enjoy frost tanking for a while. Also bombing, helping, healing, laughing, ganking. 1vX'ing (lol, all evidences of the last one are GONE!)

It also made me try Wardens, DKs, Sorcs and even a Necro and a cheesy Templar :D (I even recently changed my IGN and forum name on behalf of my cheesy stamplar<3) 

Today I tried healing, and found myself struggling to keep three completely fresh Nirn Dwellers that were all over the place, alive.

The pleasant gang of three knew each other IRL, came from France, and ended up joining my private little guild to utilize a stocked guild bank and assistants they didn't know existed yet, at my humble Creek. 

ESO needs promising new players like this, so what worries me is; what will they face tomorrow? If they want to give PvP a shot, they might start with BGs, only to be smashed by golded out werewolves, tricked out pet sorcs and one button jabbers? But let's say they won't give up, they might just move on to Cyro instead. 

They won't know properly know what they can expect. But we do. The forum does. Threads like this one does.

Cyrodill, prime time. Nada lag, right? 

--- Time moves on, home quaranteens ends, and impressions lasts ---

Will they stay? If PvP is something they liked the gist of, will they continue trying BGs and Alliance War? 

Was ESO not what they thought it was, what it actually *was*? And what it still can be, if some drastical measures are taken to turn things around? 

In regards to the fast-approaching time ahead for ESO, which will be immensely important and defining for the future of ESO, will players like this stay? 

... I have this weird feeling that the next 2-3 months of ESO will show whether or not ESO really is a game able to continue for both twice and thrice its current lifetime, with each new day showing more and more clearly the beginning of the end. 

After such a long time with so many improvements and changes, with so much effort and resources put into making an amazing game with so much potential.. 

Dear Zenimax, please consider this: what do you want both your current - and new - player base to say to themselves (and others!)?

- "Yes, this was fun, but... Let's check what else is out there."

- "Yes, this is fun! Let's check what else ESO have in store for us!"

Will your players stay? 
    Will your legacy stay? 

How much do you want your players to stay?
    How much do you want your legacy to stay?

How much do you want your players to want to stay?
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Pain In The Axe
    Pain In The Axe
    ✭✭✭
    It really is upsetting, I havnt been able to play much with my current RL situation but i had a moment to get on today and try out cyrodill. Of my 5 years playing this game ive never seen the servers work so poorly. Lag was bad before but the delay of skills due to the animation canceling changes is really abysmal and so frustrating
    ESO STREAM TEAM MEMBER
    TWITCH PARTNER
    CERTIFIED CHAD
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    You should really all be aware by now that the intention is to remove PvP from the game. Killing it softly. Imagine being able to develop a game without having to spend a lot of your time worrying about less than a percentage of the player population. Sounds pretty good to me. Just chill out man, make more pets and furniture for houses.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should really all be aware by now that the intention is to remove PvP from the game. Killing it softly. Imagine being able to develop a game without having to spend a lot of your time worrying about less than a percentage of the player population. Sounds pretty good to me. Just chill out man, make more pets and furniture for houses.

But these problems exist in pve as well. We are seeing health and positioning desyncs in trials and dungeons. This weekend I was unable to cast any ground based effects in a delve. This game is losing stability and functionality with every patch. Removing pvp will drastically reduce their player base, with a corresponding reduction in criticism, which may indeed be their goal. But it won’t fix the issues.

So much wasted potential.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact you all are still here is astonishing...Yet alone any of you can fathom ZOS turning around from years of treating pvpers like 3rd rate costumers to somehow fixing something? Ya'll got crazy levels of patience and a lack of other options I guess. On behalf of the 98% of ESO's pvpers who left and are never coming back, I salute you ;)
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
    We have removed a few posts from this thread that we bashing the developers or otherwise violating our forum rules. Please ensure your posts remain respectful going forward. We can understand your frustration at the situation, but we do ask you to keep your comments civil.

This crap right here doesn't help. Any negative posts about ZOS stealing money from people is met with some chicken *** post, or the thread is closed down completely. Horrible customer service and horrible community relations.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pain In The Axe You are so right, Pain. Many of us have been around a very long time and it seems the frustration levels do little more than induce people to cancel their subs in lieu of another game. :-(
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you talking about, performance is flawless
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbddBE0RnDA
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,
    We've closed this thread due to derailing and not offering much ground for constructive discussion. Please keep dialogue purposeful that leads to creative discussion. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.