The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sets to Keep

El_Borracho
El_Borracho
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I don't like cluttering up my bank. Scrolling through gear also becomes tedious. (I'm on PS4. Wish ZOS would put a search feature in or some sort of drop-down menu, both for gear and guild stores, but I digress) I have ESO Plus, but I'm still too cheap to want to kick down what is now up to 80K in gold to buy more bank space, when I could blow it on a house I don't need or an overpriced dagger in the guild store. Plus, I love to hoard gear as I have the (usually unfounded) fear that I am going to deconstruct some piece of armor or weapon that I will end up needing weeks down the road, or if I create a new build, or if some set gets nerfed, etc. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has these issues.

I've looked at some other posts on this site, what Alcast and Deltia use, Reddit threads, other "less than trustworthy" sources, and personal preferences to come up with a list of what I should keep. Its primarily gear for meta builds. By no means am I claiming this list is the end-all of gear, and I am 100% positive it will offend some and anger others. Either way, I found it helpful so far, and I hope some might find it convenient. Please don't get hung up with the categories I put them in, they were just to help tell me why I wanted to keep them. Its an ongoing work in progress as more likely will be added.

I did not make a deconstruction list, as I've seen those in the past and they always result in a deluge of "You idiot, [insert set here] is amazing" posts, so please don't think I am deconning everything else that didn't make the list, although, I am deconning most of it. I am leaning that way for sets that are not on this list, but I still have things like Red Mountain, Fasalla's, Defiler, and others that I don't necessarily feel comfortable scrapping for mats, but at the same time I'm not using or using it sparingly.

I know I missed some, or a lot, as I focus more on PVE and dungeon/trials and don't spend a lot of time doing PVP. To start off the "you forgot this set" thread, I did not include all monster sets as I felt it was implied that you would just keep those sets, no matter what.

PVE / PVP SETS

Aegis of Galwene / Perfect
Agility
Akaviri Dragonguard
Amberplasm
Automaton
Berserking Warrior
Blood Moon (Werewolf)
Bloodspawn
Bone Pirate
Brands of Imperium
Briarheart
Burning Spellweave
Ebon Armory
Elf Bane
Fortified Brass
Gossamer
Hundling’s Rage
Infallible Aether
Jorvuld’s Guidance
Julianos
Kagrenac’s Hope
Leviathan
Livewire
Lord Warden
Magnus’ Gift
Mantle of Siroria / Perfect
Master Architect
Mechanical Acuity
Mending / Healing Hage
Mighty Chudan
Moondancer
Morag Tong
Mother’s Sorrow
Necropotence
Netch's Touch
Night Mother’s Gaze
Night’s Silence
Nightflame
Nocturnal’s Favor
Olorime / Perfect
Plague Doctor
Powerful Assault
Ravager
Relequen / Perfect
Roar of Alkosh
Robes of Destructive Mastery
Sanctuary
Scathing Mage
Sentinel of Rkugamz
Silks of the Sun
Spell Power Cure
Spinner’s
Spriggan's Thorns
Sunderflame
Torug’s Pact
Twice Born Star
Twice Fanged Snake
Vicious Ophidian
War Machine
Willpower
Worm’s Raiment / Worm Cult

PVP SPECIFIC SETS

Bloodthorn’s Touch
Caluurion’s Legacy
Draugr Hulk
Eternal Hunt
Green Pact (Werewolf)
Hawk’s Eye
Hide of the Werewolf
Impregnable Armor
Marksman’s Chest
Prisoner’s Rags (Werewolf)
Robes of Transmutation
Seducer
Shacklebreaker
Sheer Venom
Shroud of the Lich
Vicious Death
Viper’s Sting
Viper’s Sting
War Maiden
Wizard’s Riposte
7th Legion
Warrior's Fury

OTHER USEFUL SETS

Darkstride (TG/DB)
Jailbreaker (TG/DB)
Night Mother’s Embrace (TG/DB)
Night Terror Set (TG/DB)
Night’s Silence (Thieves Guild)
Shadow Walker (TG/DB)
Edited by El_Borracho on August 24, 2018 9:28PM
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a sDK I see you lack 2 PvP related sets
    7th legion
    warrior's fury
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    as a sDK I see you lack 2 PvP related sets
    7th legion
    warrior's fury

Added both. 7th Legion was one of those that I still have, but was on the fence about. Thanks.
  • Hey-its-Me
    Hey-its-Me
    ✭✭
    Any chance you can post an updated SETS TO KEEP List with Greymore?

I swear by this list! thank you so much
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your necro skills are impressive.

Most impressive.
    Ray
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do people find space to store all these sets?! :#

Do you keep both {jewelry/weapons} and {body gear} - including or exclusing helm/shoulders?
    Edited by Eifleber on April 23, 2020 10:32AM

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,
    We've closed this thread given its age and that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.