Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC NA Gray host

Theignson
Theignson
✭✭✭✭✭
Since old post was closed I'll make new one. Last night DC got all the way up to 3 bars, but still got 242 points (!! more than twice the other factions) in one hour due to low pop bonus. Anyone know if this is a new change? I never saw such a huge low pop bonus at 3 bars before.
Many nights lately in Primetime DC has been down to 2 bars, where did they all go? It isn't due to Fengrush leaving, since, I think, he ran earlier in the day.
Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
Glimson, Arcanist, Major
All EP/ PC NA
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    DC guilds have spread out to other campaigns due to the severe performance issues. Pugs as well probably.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Theignson
    Population checking was adjusted over a year ago (maybe even 2 now?).
    iirc its now checked on a 3h rolling cycle so if a faction is consistently low pop vs other factions for a few hours they will get an hour or more of low pop bonus. (remember they only actually got these extra points once even though it shows it for the whole 1h its actually just 1 evaluation - depending on the ongoing population.)

Ideally the scoring system would instead adjust the frequency of score evaluations but unfortunately that change seems a bit too much to ask for these days. Although maybe one day it will be done.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I was there when DC was 3 bars. Took back a scroll. I went to fight at Dragonclaw and only non-target or ranged abilities worked. Then I left.

I wonder if a lot of DC are where I am and just tired of the performance. I noticed along the north, there is a lot more loading screen clips and position desync. I would expect EP would see it as well but if EP is not a ball group like Drac, or Tyr; They are basically masses like AOTP the smaller Pheonix or whatever. You are probably left with DCs versions I suddenly can't remember their name but I know it when I see it as you don't want to be anywhere near them when a ball group with VD comes in.
    Edited by technohic on April 14, 2020 1:18PM
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I think I was there when DC was 3 bars. Took back a scroll. I went to fight at Dragonclaw and only non-target or ranged abilities worked. Then I left.

I wonder if a lot of DC are where I am and just tired of the performance. I noticed along the north, there is a lot more loading screen clips and position desync. I would expect EP would see it as well but if EP is not a ball group like Drac, or Tyr; They are basically masses like AOTP the smaller Pheonix or whatever. You are probably left with DCs versions I suddenly can't remember their name but I know it when I see it as you don't want to be anywhere near them when a ball group with VD comes in.

Yes that about describes it. The game is frequently not fun to play, especially when no abilities will go off. I really most enjoy chaotic large scale battles, but of course that is where performance is worst.

Yes, the ball groups have a field day with the big blobs, especially with the lag. Stun/fear/root/storm followed by Graveyard/ignite/proxi det/VD and you have big piles of people dead.

It is sort of like when 40 people sit at a flag at a resource, you try to explain not to clump together. The ball groups are essentially mobile bombers; instead of people standing there for the flag to flip, they are rooted/stunned/feared in place and can't move, then they get blown up the same way.

Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Theignson
    Population checking was adjusted over a year ago (maybe even 2 now?).
    iirc its now checked on a 3h rolling cycle so if a faction is consistently low pop vs other factions for a few hours they will get an hour or more of low pop bonus. (remember they only actually got these extra points once even though it shows it for the whole 1h its actually just 1 evaluation - depending on the ongoing population.)

Ideally the scoring system would instead adjust the frequency of score evaluations but unfortunately that change seems a bit too much to ask for these days. Although maybe one day it will be done.

Even disregarding DC, the campaign is the closest its been for years. I still think part of it is Dracarys going to AD, true you are only on a few nights, but the AD zergs follow you and I think they are learning from you. Plus AD seems to have huge populations on for prime time east and west. Will be interesting to see who wins the campaign!
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC and EP had a 1k lead over AD last night. It looks like the last 9 days will come down to EP and DC. DC has been getting low population bonus as of late which is why it's been so close and they have a new leader who is actually good.

DC has fought well this campaign outnumbered but we are learning their tactics and adapting accordingly.
    Edited by Ahtu on April 15, 2020 12:08PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there really only 9 days left? Crazy how this garbage patch has almost made it 2 campaigns.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    DC and EP had a 1k lead over AD last night. It looks like the last 9 days will come down to EP and DC. DC has been getting low population bonus as of late which is why it's been so close and they have a new leader who is actually good.

DC has fought well this campaign outnumbered but we are learning their tactics and adapting accordingly.

Man, I think you are proven wrong for the time being. 1000 points is nothing. EP leading again (how long this has happened??) AD second and Dc third. All within some hundreds from each other. The end results might change the positions but this is what I could expect based on the last cycles: EP 1st, AD 2nd, DC 3rd. Hopefully, the win is seriously challenged this time though and maybe another winner than EP for a change.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭

Learning tactics and adapting accordingly lol. So bringing two full raids to chase solo players instead of just the one?
    Get rid of faction locks.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭

Man, I think you are proven wrong for the time being. 1000 points is nothing. EP leading again (how long this has happened??) AD second and Dc third. All within some hundreds from each other. The end results might change the positions but this is what I could expect based on the last cycles: EP 1st, AD 2nd, DC 3rd. Hopefully, the win is seriously challenged this time though and maybe another winner than EP for a change.

That's true. Between AD night capping, low population bonuses, and DC hackers returning their scrolls, it's been a close campaign.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Learning tactics and adapting accordingly lol. So bringing two full raids to chase solo players instead of just the one?

I mean it's a nice adaptation, they went from 3 raids to 2 raid chasing!
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭

DC has solo player? I thought it’s just full of ganker and bomber who attack pug on the flag or when sieging or when they fall behind.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's true. Between AD night capping, low population bonuses, and DC hackers returning their scrolls, it's been a close campaign.

Yeh low pop bonus rlly helping EP out this campaign

unknown.png?width=618&height=523
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried using a ball zerg all spamming aoe's in an attempt to crash the erver?
  • midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    xshatox wrote: »

DC has solo player? I thought it’s just full of ganker and bomber who attack pug on the flag or when sieging or when they fall behind.

So as a potato you were killed by a solo ganker or bomber?
    Get rid of faction locks.
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    xshatox wrote: »

So as a potato you were killed by a solo ganker or bomber?

No I am not. I am the one responding when pug reported there is a ganker around and hunt them. I also the one ambushing those ganker after they tried to kill sieger from behind. That’s why my weapon is using conspicuous poison. Almost all report i respond to are DC.

I think this because there is rarely pug leader or guild online in DC. Most of those guild is guild only pug that’s why they are either zerg surfing or create some kind of hit and run build since its difficult to face zerg when you are alone. Back when I was DC there is guy called shadowgrabber who always running pug, wonder if he still play.
    Edited by xshatox on April 18, 2020 6:41AM
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭

If you get killed by a zerg using light attacks as a solo player it sounds like you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Have you tried using a ball zerg all spamming aoe's in an attempt to crash the erver?

IDK when this picture was taken but every time I've seen low pop bonus it's been either for AD or DC.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have lost all respect for DC this campaign. Between sending spies to put up troll rams on the side of every single keep we go to (why this is possible is beyond me), turning our siege away from keeps, putting up troll camps, picking up our scrolls and trolling them, spying on our zone chat, polluting zone chat with toxic messages, and having cheaters return their scrolls, DC are trying very hard to win. However, in three days, they will lose and realize that all their efforts were all in vain.
    Edited by Ahtu on April 21, 2020 6:46PM
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh go empty your bucket will ya
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor

• thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh Ahtu, I know you think yer entitled to 1st place every campaign but you need AD's help to do it. Nice to see them sticking up for themselves this time around.
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    I have lost all respect for DC this campaign. Between sending spies to put up troll rams on the side of every single keep we go to (why this is possible is beyond me), turning our siege away from keeps, putting up troll camps, picking up our scrolls and trolling them, spying on our zone chat, polluting zone chat with toxic messages, and having cheaters return their scrolls, DC are trying very hard to win. However, in three days, they will lose and realize that all their efforts were all in vain.

Was, you loss of respect, before or after you tried to make a deal to push AD into 3rd.

Just curious.
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well Ahtu I owe u an apology. I thought Dc could actually get it done. We as a faction are weak.

I think it will be AD and EP all next camp so enjoy fighting each other. or teaming up to do nothing but share DC scrolls.

Good camp. it was close.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was only close because of the low pop bonus that carried us at the beginning. The second we pulled into a small lead it was pretty obvious we would get double teamed and would lose everything in the last days. Didn't help that EP and AD were obviously coordinating last night.

The traitor

• Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    It was only close because of the low pop bonus that carried us at the beginning. The second we pulled into a small lead it was pretty obvious we would get double teamed and would lose everything in the last days. Didn't help that EP and AD were obviously coordinating last night.

Obviously. That's why the EP/AD stacks were fighting over Sej.

• baselinestun
    baselinestun
    ✭✭
    Crash427 wrote: »
    Was that before or after AD handed both our scrolls over to EP? How many Ministry of Darkness alts are in Dawning?

• johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭

So lets address some of the issues that you bought up -

Troll Rams: I have personally seen some of these rams, on the side of the keep doors and have also on 2 different occasions, seen the person putting them up. I don't know what internal politics/dispute is going on in GAO-PVP at the moment, but that’s an issue for them to sort out. Its not DC's fault.

Turning Away Siege – This happens to every faction. We have people who actively work for both AD & EP, who turn around our siege all the time, whether it be while trying to take down the mile gate, at the front door of a keep or when some DC try and siege a tower that is being overrun with one of the 2-3 ball groups that descend on every DC fight.

Troll Camps – I'm going to say bad camp placement. Happens all the time to all factions. Some people just don’t know how to set up camps. If your that worried about camp placement, then set up the camp yourself.

Picking Up Scroll & Trolling Them – Are you getting us confused with your own faction or maybe AD. I have never seen a DC take a scroll from a temple and then run the opposite side of the map through enemy territory or take an enemy scroll from another faction and run with it until it resets. I have seen EP's groups – and we all know who they are – do this basically every campaign, sometimes twice in each session they are on.

Spying On Our Zone Chat – LOL. IF you think DC are spying on your zone chat, then report those players. But, this is rich coming from you, given you actively got someone to get you a Chapterhouse discord code, so you could come into our voice chat. What reason did you have to do this, other than to spy on what/where we were doing or going to do.

And lets not forget, that there are other players on both EP & AD who are not into this political – behind the scenes, lets make a deal bs and just want to play the game, so they will give us the heads up when they read on zone chat, this stuff going on.

Polluting Zone Chat with Toxic Messages – Again, this is a you problem. Block them report them. Every faction has people typing Toxic Messages in zone chat. Does that make them all DC. LOL

Cheaters Return Their Scrolls – Not sure if you are talking about a glitch that when you die a scroll runner may glitch out the scroll and end up closer to their keep. Or maybe you referring to people picking up an enemy scrolls and then running back to the faction instead of their own.

Cause, I and possible others in this forum, can tell you EP does this all the time. So stop pretending that “BIG BAD DC” is doing this all the time.

LOW POP BONUS – You know who didn't get low pop bonuses. EP & AD. Not our fault, you're pop locked nearly 24/7. Well, except for those few small hours every morning when everyone logs off and AD overruns the map.

After doing PVP for 4 long years and seeing the constant teaming up, trolling of scrolls and AD & EP ignoring each other to come after DC, I have finally realized why you guys do this.

YOU ARE SCARED OF DC. Cause, lets face it. When prime-time comes around and we are pop-locked, we steam roll through that map. We take on both factions and drive you back to your gates.

And even when we are outnumbered, we don’t back down. And that alone TERRIFIES you even more.
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well i also take back what i said about Ad standing up for themselves. Needed EP's help to get first. Could not do it by themselves. lol
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crash427 wrote: »
    gabriebe wrote: »

I mean if two factions fighting against each other is an event, this may be an indication of how rare it happens.

The traitor

• Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a joke. EP and AD should be ashamed of themselves for what they pulled in order to win this campaign. Blatantly teaming up and coordinating to stack both of their entire factions on Glade, even fighting side by side in the same courtyard not hitting each other, only targeting DC. Can you be any more obvious about it?

Can't believe the nerve of some people to talk about respect when y'all pull this bs instead of fighting it out fair. All the politics and backroom deals turn Cyrodiil into a complete joke. And then people wonder where everyone went lol.
This discussion has been closed.