The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Silly me... What is "gold selling"

Traisa
Traisa
✭✭✭
Me being new to MMOs, I didn't understand the term "gold selling". All along I'm thinking, "Why would someone need to buy gold with gold, that doesn't make sense". Then I looked up the term online, and found out what it really means. Buying gold with real money. Lol I need to catch up on all these terms and acronyms.
  • kyuven
    kyuven
    ✭✭
    The better term is "Gold Scamming," since most of the websites that "offer" it are simply engorged with malware designed to get a keylogger on your machine and snatch your credit card and login info. Not just from ESO either. They get that on your computer, you get stuff stolen.
    So don't even go to those website. Ever.
    But because people don't understand that, those criminals stay in business and we have to put up with their spam.
    Options
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    I have no intention of doing it or going to any of those sites. I get mail or see chat messages from them almost every day. I just ignore it.
    Options
  • kyuven
    kyuven
    ✭✭
    DO NOT just ignore it. Report them. It won't stop if you just ignore it, because it only takes on idiot listening to them to make the deluge continue.
    Report them!
    Options
  • BooWitchkraft
    BooWitchkraft
    ✭✭
    I was just going to post it! REPORT, never ignore! Just REPORT
    Options
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I'll report them the next time I see it.
    Options
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    On another note about MMOs, people looking to hack accounts can target much easier to hack places such as fan sites and other websites that require logins, if they lift your email and password from there, and you use the same password for your game account, that can result in them hacking your account as well.
    Options
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    I've already started getting phishing spam emails for ESO as well. If you haven't seen those yet, beware them too.
    Options