Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update on Greymoor from ESO's Game Director"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
6366e44a352281f974d0cfaf579f8696.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for the "Update on Greymoor from ESO's Game Director" blog article.

Read a letter from ZeniMax Online Studio’s Game Director, Matt Firor, regarding the latest studio updates and Greymoor’s upcoming release.
Staff Post
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's good to see them watching for potential performance issues during the event but could I clarify if they are only taking note of issues from this point forward or are they taking into account the many, many threads about poor performance thus far?
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we will all be watching for any issues caused by an already large population playing ESO getting even larger.

Watching for what exactly? The game performance is at an all time low. Are you watching for it to get even worse?
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching maybe, but nothing is done.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're doing the best they can under the conditions. Can't really expect more.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can expect a more well thought out comment addressing the current performance rather than just say they are "watching."
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay safe ZOS team. Health is the most precious thing we all have.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    we will all be watching for any issues caused by an already large population playing ESO getting even larger.

Watching for what exactly? The game performance is at an all time low. Are you watching for it to get even worse?

I have to admit that I also do enjoy watching a big pile of garbage burn. The flames are quite mesmerizing. It's hard to blame the devs for not being able to look away.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can we wash our paws without an emote to do so yes?

Presently the only option this one has is to throw her whole self into the nearest river or ocean.

Yes she knows there is the feline hygine emote but the idea is to wash away the knahaten flu rather than eat it!

Washy, washy hands emote and bathroom paper small furnishing would be appreciated when you get the chance after everything else. A litle reminder of these unusual times.

Oh and the boat to Greymoor being late does not matter and this one expected it. More time to pack and knit warm hats.

Stay indoors, wash your paws and hug your precious bathroom paper close.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the article:
    Right now, we are on track for the PTS to be updated with Update 26 and Greymoor on April 20th.
    Good to know, thanks. Greymoor looks promising.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Surprisingly, it is not at an all time low. I can remember an Anniversary event where you could not even land in Auridon, and if you did manage to achieve that feat, you basically wished you hadn't. As I recall, it was not uncommon for people who logged out in Auridon to be unable to even load into the game.

Matt wrote:
    It looks like we’ll be able to ship Update 26 (with the Greymoor Chapter) about a week after we initially planned it.
    Right now, we are on track for the PTS to be updated with Update 26 and Greymoor on April 20th.

Cool. Looking forward to seeing this update in action on PTS on the 20th, then.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm washing my hands way too many times nowadays... :D
    But this Grand Master advise to continue to do so!

mememe_b9efbaf24fdc9c517df2ec483f4fba02-1.jpg
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    They can delay Greymoor even more for all I care. I want them to finally fix the performance problems which have been present for weeks! What good is new content if it's barely playable?
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hope everyone stays safe and thank you for the update, ZOS!

Just one quick question: Is the release definitely delayed by one week now on live or is there still a chance to get it released for PC on 18th May? Just asking, because otherwise I would change my holidays. 😃
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djiku wrote: »
    They can delay Greymoor even more for all I care. I want them to finally fix the performance problems which have been present for weeks! What good is new content if it's barely playable?

I know; right? Whats concerning is they have gone from generic communication to seemingly ignoring the elephant in the room.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to hear that you all are working from home!

Thanks for the info regarding Greymoor.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do hope you and your families are safe and at home
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »

Just one quick question: Is the release definitely delayed by one week now on live or is there still a chance to get it released for PC on 18th May? Just asking, because otherwise I would change my holidays. 😃

@Chufu on twitter they said that it is AT LEAST one week delayed on both PC and console for live. So yes one week is confirmed and it may end up more than that, though for now the one week later schedule is holding.
  • naga.
    naga.
    ✭✭✭
    [W]e will all be watching for any issues caused by an already large population playing ESO getting even larger.

In case these little issues evaded your limitless attention:
    • Dancing Kagoutis in vHoF - you can tell how bad your instance is going to be based on the Kagoutis' dance routine. You should seriously consider putting them on ice skates and sending them to the winter olympics next year. With all the practice they're getting in the garbage EU instances, they'll bag the gold medal in figure skating without breaking a sweat;
    • The random block generator - nothing feels better than having your channel interrupted by block, as it should it be, and still getting stomped by the one and only AG in vHoF;
    • St. Olms going on a *** break mid flight - y'know how well your vAS instance will go depending on how long for Olmsie stops mid air for a ciggie break;
    • St. Olms multi-tasking - what's better than a mid-jump storm of heavens? A mid-jump storm of heavens with a breath;
    • No fire in vAS execute - leave your purge at the door;
    • Gryphons inside vCR portals - not much of a problem, they're just spectating;
    • Jump pads in vCR portals not working - better bring your mountain climbing gear if you're planning to get on that balcony;
    • Not being able to bash/interrupt Z'Maja in portals - I guess the fat slug is prepping for Greymoor and now stays in mist form 24/7;
    • No tombs in vSS - why bother healing tombs if they don't spawn to begin with.

I can keep going on and on describing the type of garbage we have to deal with on PC EU because of your pepe infrastructure.
    Edited by naga. on April 9, 2020 1:24AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can expect a more well thought out comment addressing the current performance rather than just say they are "watching."

"Why don't you say anything ZOS?! Just acknowledge already that's all we want!"

*ZOS finally talks and acknowledges the problems*

"THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!"
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

How is a "we will be watching for any issues" an acknowledgement again? In fact its actually the opposite. They are watching if any happen in the future aka they are not Talking About the current mountain of issues.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Saying "we will all be watching for any issues caused by an already large population playing ESO getting even larger" is really not that far off from not saying anything.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A weeks delay isn't much at all, and more than acceptable considering how the world is right now. However can we please get an update on when greymoor will be available on ps4? It's now April and there's still been no information on what's going on, unless I completely missed something.
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »

@Chufu on twitter they said that it is AT LEAST one week delayed on both PC and console for live. So yes one week is confirmed and it may end up more than that, though for now the one week later schedule is holding.

Ah Thank you, good to know!