Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

use controller with imac and ESO?

EternalDiva
EternalDiva
✭✭✭
I have ESO on my PS4 and on my imac. I have arthritis problems that make using a mouse really tough. does anyone know a way to use a controller with an imac and ESO?
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://joystickmapper.com/

Or you can buy:

819-RGU4s-Ta-L-SL1500.jpg
    Edited by Chicharron on October 7, 2019 12:59AM
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can simply connect through usb and use ds4, if you bought the game through steam just connect and select a controller template and activate controler mode in game
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can simply plug in the PS4 controller and it will work

You can then use the control settings to set up the PS4 controller exactly the way you want.

There are a couple of nice add-ons that help modify the console interface a bit too.

(If you are still having issues feel free to PM me)
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    I use controller mate, which is very nice in tuning the key mappings.
    It's not free but really powerful and you should easily find a preset for eso on internet.
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    I always used an Xbox One wireless controller with Usb cable and always worked. Now with Catalina some keys are not working anymore (X-Y-A-B). Anyone has the same issue?
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    karpok wrote: »
    I use controller mate, which is very nice in tuning the key mappings.
    It's not free but really powerful and you should easily find a preset for eso on internet.

I didn’t know controller mate. I have a xbox one controller and I saw is very easy to configure the wrong keys (a-b-x-y). Although, I have difficulties to configure the d-pad with 4 different keys. Is it possible? I don’t want to buy it in vain. Thank you
  • EternalDiva
    EternalDiva
    ✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    You can simply plug in the PS4 controller and it will work

You can then use the control settings to set up the PS4 controller exactly the way you want.

There are a couple of nice add-ons that help modify the console interface a bit too.

(If you are still having issues feel free to PM me)

I did plug in my controller as Id seen another dude say it worked for him. but the controller was totally dead plugged into the mac. When I turned gamepad on in the ESO nothing happened. keyboard still worked. PS4 controller nada. maybe I missed a step?
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    karpok wrote: »

Thnaks, I really appreciated you sharing that link. Unfortunately looks like I'm unlucky again. The version 4.11.1 of ControllerMate in macOS Catalina, is not able to import any file with extension .cmate, not even what I saved myself! I should make a new config myself following those very detailed instructions. nufmr4sclf12.jpg
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    Did someone get a replacement for controllerMate on Catalina ?
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • thedavidventer
    thedavidventer
    ✭✭✭
    Catalina natively supports controllers, no need for third party software. My controller works great in other games. ESO’s implementation of it is the problem here. Check the bug report forum and add your ‘voice’ to the controller bug there. Also report it in game so the devs will hopefully take notice.
    David Venter - Digital Creator, macOS Gamer, Graphic Designer, Music Producer
    Official Website | Facebook (Page) | Facebook (Profile) | Instagram | Twitter | Other Links
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

This post is to let you know that we've felt it necessary to put this thread down, as it seemed to have died some time ago. At this time we'd like to try and keep Draugr threads from roaming around the front page, pushing down newer and more lively threads.

Thank you for understanding!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.