The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character stuck in a corrupted invisible group.

Xebov
Xebov
✭✭✭✭✭
I tried to group with a friend 10 minutes ago. He didnt recieve my invite so i tried to invite him again. He accepted one of the invites and got a failed to join group message. The group didnt appear. Now neither he or i can invite anyone or get invited as a "failed to join group" appears directly after the invite without it even being delivered. We can not queue the characters for any activity nor do we have an option to disband this buggy group.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Xebov

Logging out to the character select screen again and then back in or loading into a brand new zone will resolve group-related issues.

If the issue persists after re-logging, you can try reforming the group you were in when the issue occurred and then disbanding it. You can also try joining a large group and asking the group leader to disband it. This can help reset your UI.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Xebov

Logging out to the character select screen again and then back in or loading into a brand new zone will resolve group-related issues.

If the issue persists after re-logging, you can try reforming the group you were in when the issue occurred and then disbanding it. You can also try joining a large group and asking the group leader to disband it. This can help reset your UI.

Relogging, Zoning or Reloading the UI dosnt change this. Restarting the client also has no impact. Reforming a group or joing a large group doesnt work since invites fail instantly.

As far as i found out this bug can only be solved by a server restart, my guess is that the restart disbands all groups.

Is there any way on your end to disband the group or somehow else get the characters back into a valid state?
  • Diiegod
    Diiegod
    @ZOS_BillE can you see your private box please ?

thank you very much
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    Old post, I know, but this happened to me and a friend of mine 2 days ago and it's still going on, we are stuck in this invisible group and we can no longer play anything which requires a group.

I sent a ticket to the customer support and the answer was to try some provided steps, which didn't work.

So far I did the following things to try to fix the problem:
    • I switched from Normal to Veteran in the Party window.
    • I tried recreating the same exact group with the same exact characters I was in when the issue happened, and I couldn't invite the other people.
    • I soloed a Normal dungeon.
    • I entered the Maelstrom Arena (which is Solo)(hoping the game would disband the imaginary group).
    • I tried queuing for a Random Normal/Veteran dungeon, and although I can click on the Join Queue button, nothing happens.
    • I tried queuing for a Battleground, and although I can click on the Join Queue button, nothing happens.
    • Nobody can invite me, because they always receive a message that I am already in a group.
    • This only happens on one character of my account.
    • This exact same issue happens to one of the other friends that was in my group, and nothing can solve her issue as well.

This doesn't look like a Group Finder issue, it looks more like a Grouping issue, the game probably still thinks that I am grouped with my friend's character somehow, and it's preventing me and her from joining any group, inviting people and playing anything that requires a group, it's quite game breaking.
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to add that this issue was already present in 2016, as per the following post:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/260051/cannot-join-group-or-invite-players-to-group-anymore

• Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old post, I know, but this happened to me and a friend of mine 2 days ago and it's still going on, we are stuck in this invisible group and we can no longer play anything which requires a group.

The only thing working is if they restart servers for maintenance. Nothing else helps and the Support is not very helpful regarding this.

• DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, I suspected something like this, but of course:

Maintenance for the week of April 6:
    • PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 6

So, our characters will be stuck in this invisible group until they decide it's time for a maintenance? Amazing...

Anyway @Xebov, thank you for jumping back in and telling me this, much appreciated.
  • Oakthorn
    Oakthorn
    ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue, and all the tips above didn't help. No answer to tickets as well. Not amused here, to say the least.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are closing this discussion since there have been multiple threads with players stuck in an invisible group. If you have run into this situation please open a ticket with customer support. Further discussion can take place in the thread below.

The game is preventing me from being able to join group content
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.