The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ceiling has increased for me.

llBlack_Heartll
llBlack_Heartll
✭✭✭✭
The idea for the changes were to bring the bottom player closer to the top, however I don’t think that this has actually achieved that.

For myself, I have watched a few parses now and some ppl are experiencing a 5k lose in DPS, these are top players. So the 5k they lose will be 10k+ DPS for myself, as a mid tier players. Which essentially will knock me from the DPS check for some Vet Trials.

I also watched Xynode”s parse on his Easy Sorc, which is likely the most popular and most used HA build out there and on the PTS is actually a 4K drop in DPS, because you need to adjust things for sustain.

I just don’t think that ppl understand that this is an MMO, it takes a long time to achieve things and no you can’t have anything instantly.

ESO is my first ever MMO, I spent the first 3 months not knowing anything about the game, how it works. I got to 300CP had no idea about a build, rotation, monster sets etc.

My saving grace was the Easy Sorc, which allowed me to understand a build, rotation and a great build for myself to learn mechanics, with decent damage, survivability and a good rotation, it got me through a lot of content.
Within another 4 months, I had completed VMA for the first time and kept getting better at it where, I could drop Iceheart, and again keep getting better, where I don’t even take a shield on my skill bar. Now days I can finish VMA around 55mins to 1hr 15, working towards that flawless, now 2.5 years into the game.

I have since moved away from Easy Sorc (still appreciate it) and heavy attack builds and now still learning to perfect other builds that I like using, weather it be Xynode, Asian, Alcast, Loki etc.

The whole idea of an MMO is progression and understanding that nothing comes easy, you need to learn, grind, farm, test, fail etc.

Like ZOS wants lower the skill gap, but on the other hand nerf sets like Ice Heart, which helps those lower end players compete in content.
Isn’t Having normal content for lower end players, to then progress and work on their next goals?

I’m all for buffing HA’s but Not at the expense of LA nerf. There has to be another way to go about this.

Edited by llBlack_Heartll on March 30, 2020 2:14AM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a fantastic post, well done.
  • RiskyChalice863
    RiskyChalice863
    ✭✭✭
    The idea for the changes were to bring the bottom player closer to the top, however I don’t think that this has actually achieved that.

For myself, I have watched a few parses now and some ppl are experiencing a 5k lose in DPS, these are top players. So the 5k they lose will be 10k+ DPS for myself, as a mid tier players. Which essentially will knock me from the DPS check for some Vet Trials.

I also watched Xynode”s parse on his Easy Sorc, which is likely the most popular and most used HA build out there and on the PTS is actually a 4K drop in DPS, because you need to adjust things for sustain.

I just don’t think that ppl understand that this is an MMO, it takes a long time to achieve things and no you can’t have anything instantly.

ESO is my first ever MMO, I spent the first 3 months not knowing anything about the game, how it works. I got to 300CP had no idea about a build, rotation, monster sets etc.

My saving grace was the Easy Sorc, which allowed me to understand a build, rotation and a great build for myself to learn mechanics, with decent damage, survivability and a good rotation, it got me through a lot of content.
    Within another 4 months, I had completed VMA for the first time and kept getting better at it where, I could drop Iceheart, and again keep getting better, where I don’t even take a shield on my skill bar. Now days I can finish VMA around 55mins to 1hr 15, working towards that flawless, now 2.5 years into the game.

I have since moved away from Easy Sorc (still appreciate it) and heavy attack builds and now still learning to perfect other builds that I like using, weather it be Xynode, Asian, Alcast, Loki etc.

The whole idea of an MMO is progression and understanding that nothing comes easy, you need to learn, grind, farm, test, fail etc.

Like ZOS wants lower the skill gap, but on the other hand nerf sets like Ice Heart, which helps those lower end players compete in content.
    Isn’t Having normal content for lower end players, to then progress and work on their next goals?

I’m all for buffing HA’s but Not at the expense of LA nerf. There has to be another way to go about this.

I think it’s a pretty big and incorrect assumption to assume you’d lose more DPS from this change than top players do. Logically, it should be the exact opposite. This is because the main thing currently separating the best players’ DPS from other players’ DPS is that they are weaving light attacks much better. The better the player, the more damage they’re getting from light attacks. So a massive damage nerf on light attacks will be a bigger nerf to the DPS of better players than to worse players.

Think of it this way: Who has more DPS on light attacks in their parses? You or a top player? The top player does. So when there’s a 78% nerf to the damage of light attacks, who is going to lose more DPS from that? Obviously the top player. In other words, if you are currently light attack weaving, you will absolutely lose less DPS than a top player will from this.

It just doesn’t logically follow that any change will lower the DPS of top players less than it’ll lower the DPS of everyone else. And it certainly doesn’t logically follow when the specific thing that had its damage nerfed is literally the primary source of the extra DPS that top players get.

Of course, if you do only heavy attack builds, then that’s a different question. I think the aim was probably for heavy attack builds to end up better off, but it’s true that the loss of resource sustain on heavy attacks will make expensive abilities harder to spam and therefore that could actually lower DPS too. I’ll note though that you said there’s a 4k DPS loss on the Easy Sorc build. That’s less than the 5k you mention top players are losing from this change, and certainly far less than the 10k you say you think you will lose. And realistically, the Easy Sorc build will probably lose less than 4k, since I doubt anyone—including Xynode—has quite devised the exact optimal adjustments to make to it. Even if we assume 4k, if the Easy Sorc loses 4k DPS while the meta builds lose 5k, then the DPS gap between the Easy Sorc and the meta builds will actually be lower. So it’ll be more viable (though obviously if all DPS is lower, then it’s true that content in general will be harder).
    Edited by RiskyChalice863 on March 30, 2020 5:50AM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it’s a pretty big and incorrect assumption to assume you’d lose more DPS from this change than top players do. Logically, it should be the exact opposite. This is because the main thing currently separating the best players’ DPS from other players’ DPS is that they are weaving light attacks much better. The better the player, the more damage they’re getting from light attacks.

This is not entirely true. I'm on probably the low end of medium and a LOT(about half, if not more) of my damage comes from LAs. I'll be losing well over 10k dps.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the fact that casual players will probably not have an easier time.

Before we can do damage we need resources, who struggles with resources? Low CP and inexperienced players.
    Who has trouble weaving LA and will be negatively impacted when it comes to sustain? Low CP and inexperienced players.

Sure, HA will deal more damage but if the other damage abilities and buffs fall off that wont increase dps compared to a HA rotation on Live.

Furthermore, I dont think its smart to completely remove resource return from HA (and MA). Inexperienced players who are used to managing resources with HA will suddenly have terrible sustain which oddly enough forces them to learn LA weaving. Also, if you want to LA but hold the LMB a short moment it will be a MA and not restore any resources. Again not helpful and probably very confusing for inexperienced players.

I honestly think that some of the changes are very good, HA damage is finally decent, HA speed is improved and the removal of the snare while charging the HA is great. Reduce LA damage by 30% and scale resource return with the length of the charge for MA and give additional resource return for HA.
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on March 30, 2020 7:24AM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Eleandor
    Eleandor
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

I think it’s a pretty big and incorrect assumption to assume you’d lose more DPS from this change than top players do. Logically, it should be the exact opposite. This is because the main thing currently separating the best players’ DPS from other players’ DPS is that they are weaving light attacks much better. The better the player, the more damage they’re getting from light attacks. So a massive damage nerf on light attacks will be a bigger nerf to the DPS of better players than to worse players.

Think of it this way: Who has more DPS on light attacks in their parses? You or a top player? The top player does. So when there’s a 78% nerf to the damage of light attacks, who is going to lose more DPS from that? Obviously the top player. In other words, if you are currently light attack weaving, you will absolutely lose less DPS than a top player will from this.

[/quote]

this would make sense if top player wouldn't be able to turn the upsides of the changes (massive sustain buff) into dps gain again. From the parsing I've done on the PTS with my Stamcro I am now able to bash much more consistent and gain 2-3k+ in bash dps from it. That however comes with the price of higher APM requirements so naturally high APM player are at an advantage here. Your math checks out in itself but it's not the full picture
  • SilverKatz
    SilverKatz
    ✭✭✭
    So ZOS said they did it for new players? or they are just showing off they own this game . and they can *** up however they like ?
  • SilverKatz
    SilverKatz
    ✭✭✭
    SilverKatz wrote: »
    So ZOS said they did it for new players? or they are just showing off they own this game . and they can *** up however they like ?

alone with ignoring players' feedbacks. Great job.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well written post but thats not what they wrote in their thread. It is not exactly about floor and ceiling. Its more about how to marry Mr. Fast Action to Miss Turn Based so both can live together happily and each has its own fun.

Maybe its not gonna happen, but it is a goal worth to try.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . Also, if you want to LA but hold the LMB a short moment it will be a MA and not restore any resources. Again not helpful and probably very confusing for inexperienced players.

When i was still a complete newbie i thought light attack and holding the attack just a splitt second is the same thing. Im pretty sure alot of new players wont addept to the new changes and will do medium attacks to resulting in a major dmg decrease as well has having 0 sustain. If they dont make a tutorial explaining the exact difference there will be alot of unhappy new players
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »

Well written post but thats not what they wrote in their thread. It is not exactly about floor and ceiling. Its more about how to marry Mr. Fast Action to Miss Turn Based so both can live together happily and each has its own fun.

Maybe its not gonna happen, but it is a goal worth to try.

It’s never going to happen, because Mr Fast Action has put a ton of time into the game to prefect their rotation, tried, tested, fail builds, learnt mechanics etc. Mrs Turn Base, just plays the game an hopes for the best.

Put it this way, it would be like me expecting a game in the major baseball league as a pitcher, but never ever been to training, don’t know how to throw a curve ball, slow ball and only ever played in the park. But complaining that I wasn’t picked.

You will always only be able to play anything to your natural abilities and will only get better through practice.

Edited by llBlack_Heartll on April 1, 2020 1:29PM
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    with these changes bash weaving will become king *shudders*
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how exactly will I bash weave on my ranged DPS, I'm guessing I'm *** out of luck unless bashing now has the same range as a bow?
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »
    So how exactly will I bash weave on my ranged DPS, I'm guessing I'm *** out of luck unless bashing now has the same range as a bow?

Yeah, I know right.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »

R.I.P. my MagDK using an inferno staff and a long range spammable...
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK