The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning Stamsorc PVP

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    I need to check that azureblight set :)

Here's a showcase of the build i've been refining over the past few weeks :

Can't believe my food buff ran out 2:55 seconds into the BG, I didn't notice all the way through and this is now on record. Fml.

Have you tried Skoria with that build? Should have sweet dmg in these stacked fights. Also orb over caltrops is one I didn't expect.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Skoria works very well and i'm it using currently.
    Kragh is the best one on paper but the short range really limits its performance when you look at cmx stats.
    Sellistrix was a way to add team utility to the build, works but hard to quantify.
    Grothdarr is an interesting middle ground between Kragh (stacks Azureblight) and Skoria (reliable damage)

Currently i'm testing the replacement of Prisoner's rags by Draurkin, which is an awesome single-target set sharing some mechanics with Azureblight, deviating a bit of the constant AoE pressure for some single-target burstability should be an interesting compromise.
    Edited by Aznox on March 30, 2020 10:00AM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Skoria works very well and i'm it using currently.
    Kragh is the best one on paper but the short range really limits its performance when you look at cmx stats.
    Sellistrix was a way to add team utility to the build, works but hard to quantify.
    Grothdarr is an interesting middle ground between Kragh (stacks Azureblight) and Skoria (reliable damage)

Currently i'm experimenting the replacement of Prisoner's rags by Draurkin, deviating a bit of the constant AoE pressure for some single-target burstability.

Kragh adds stacks to Azureblight? I tested Leeching Plate and it didn't, you find any other proc sets that do? I know proc sets aren't supposed to proc other proc sets...
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Kragh adds stacks to AzureBlight, like nearly all sources of damage over time, the only exception i found were sources of damage that come from their own entities (like Maw's deadroth pet), probably because the damage does not comes "from you".
    Edited by Aznox on March 29, 2020 7:01PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Kragh adds stacks to AzureBlight, like all nearly all sources of damage over time, the only exception i found were sources of damage that come from their own entities (like Maw's deadroth pet), probably because the damage does not comes "from you".

Nice, gonna try out Stormfist since it adds stacks and can still proc on people at a ram when I'm above the gate on oils. Fun to watch whole groups explode when they try and stay in one place.
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    just use draugrkin dw dw
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    just use draugrkin dw dw

How is it performing? I assume you use flurry on it?
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fbours wrote: »
    just use draugrkin dw dw

Here's a good showcase of a Draugrkin build :
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    just use draugrkin dw dw

Here's a good showcase of a Draugrkin build :

Interesting, I see he is using mechanical acuity. So sets draugrkin, MA and kragh monster set? Did I also see him using azureblight?
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes in this video that's Draugrkin, MA, Kragh and blackrose dw.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently i'm testing the replacement of Prisoner's rags by Draurkin, which is an awesome single-target set sharing some mechanics with Azureblight, deviating a bit of the constant AoE pressure for some single-target burstability should be an interesting compromise.

draugrkin+azureblight? :open_mouth:

how is that going?

I am farming azureblight on my stam sorc now. Enjoying draugrkin but I want to try a variety of builds.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »

draugrkin+azureblight? :open_mouth:

how is that going?

I haven't got a lot competitive BGs with it yet and i still need to find my marks with it, but so far it seems to work at providing a reasonable amount of both AoE and single-target burst. I'll try to give a bit more feedback in a few days.

Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    just use draugrkin dw dw

yeah deadly strikes + draugrkin w flurry
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    just use draugrkin dw dw

Just so we're clear for anyone reading this that Flurry and Jabs have both been changed to be considered direct damage attacks and therefore Flurry is now not a DoT. Therefore it's not buffed Deadly Strikes, nor does it proc any sets that require DoT damage like Skoria or Azureblight.

However it does work well with Direct Damage proc sets like Mechanical Acuity, which explains the choice of Decimus in the video above.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

Just so we're clear for anyone reading this that Flurry and Jabs have both been changed to be considered direct damage attacks and therefore Flurry is now not a DoT. Therefore it's not buffed Deadly Strikes, nor does it proc any sets that require DoT damage like Skoria or Azureblight.

However it does work well with Direct Damage proc sets like Mechanical Acuity, which explains the choice of Decimus in the video above.

Pretty sure deadly still buffs Jabs at the very least so it should also buff flurry because both are channels.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just use draugrkin dw dw

It is true Flurry is now only a succession of direct damage ticks (before it had one tick direct and others DoT)

However the description of Deadly Strike has recently be changed to included "channeled abilities", probably to keep it working with Flurry.
    (5 items) Increase the damage your Physical, Bleed, Poison, and Disease Damage over time and channeled abilities do by 20%.

https://eso-sets.com/set/deadly-strike
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just use draugrkin dw dw

It is true Flurry is now only a succession of direct damage ticks (before it had one tick direct and others DoT)

However the description of Deadly Strike has recently be changed to included "channeled abilities", probably to keep it working with Flurry.
    (5 items) Increase the damage your Physical, Bleed, Poison, and Disease Damage over time and channeled abilities do by 20%.

Yes, I believe both Jabs and Flurry are buffed by Deadly Strikes set as they still both count as channeled abilities.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Pretty sure deadly still buffs Jabs at the very least so it should also buff flurry because both are channels.

Yes, I believe both Jabs and Flurry are buffed by Deadly Strikes set as they still both count as channeled abilities.

Hadn't noticed that change to Deadly Strikes description, my bad boys.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least on a Nord, New Moon Acolyte (body) and Spriggan (maul + jewelry) works well, paired with either like Bloodspawn or Balorg, and Master's Bow on backbar, or why not a Potentates bow if you lack a Master's one. I run heavy chest, light waist and rest medium, Nirnhoned maul, but might make it sharp for mega pen.

I actually use Silver Shards as spammable on frontbar, and build up Bound Armaments on backbar (where I also get 5 Eagle Eye stacks, before Poison Injection), HA -> Onslaught -> Bound Armaments "projectiles" -> Executioner or a few Silver Shards before Executioner works well.
    I meant to use Dizzy Swing for spammable, but it's even worse to land now, when you get stuck midway through animation, and can't do s**t; it's more awful than ever to use now.

Though, in open world PVP, the usefulness for such builds are ever decreasing it seems. Either you run into a group of bombers, a necro bomber - or people turn tail and run like dogs, that's pretty much the case all the time. Now. It has really made the game predictable and boring to say the least. But if you find someone eager to "1v1" along the way, it wrecks.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not surprising considering it isn't mentionned in any patch notes ...
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since my earlier mess-up, I'd like to add something useful on the discussion on Deadly Strikes.

I did some tests with and without DS. I was merely changing 1 piece (the necklace) to another item of same trait, colour and enchant. Therefore stats are completely unchanged, onkly missing the 5-p bonus of deadly strikes.

Also all numbers are non-crit, from the same bar, without major brut or savagery. Therefore same buffs.

6Tox2Yp.png

Verdict: DS is inconsistent, it buffs each skill differently but it consistently delivers less than 20% tooltip or actual dmg. It averages around ~14% damage buff in CP at least. I'd probably still prefer something that is either a burst proc (red mountain) for single target, or Azureblight for AoE, or a raw stat-giver like NMA for a combination of both dmg and heals.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is expected because %damage modifiers stack additively. (it only gives you 20% if this is your only modifier of this type, because it adds 20% of "base"). Thanks for confirming with test data.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this is expected because %damage modifiers stack additively. (it only gives you 20% if this is your only modifier of this type, because it adds 20% of "base"). Thanks for confirming with test data.

Indeed. Like I said, I don't think this set is worth it. You'd be very lucky to be doing 5-6k dps only with your non-magic DoTs on a PvP target, so this set will add ~1k dps to your pressure at absolute most when you manage to stack 7-8 stamina DoTs. Lots of sets can outperform that by boosting overall weapon dmg or phys penetration which also buff your light/heavy attacks, ult burst and proc set damage.

If DoTs we buffed again to 2.5x the damage of direct attacks, instead of 1.5x, then maybe.
    Edited by Maulkin on March 31, 2020 1:48PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the whole point would be to boost a Draugrkin burst window composed of :
    - Flurry
    - Double dot poison
    - DW bleed
    - Hurricane
    - Bow ult ?
    - Kragh
    - etc ...

In this scenario Deadly Strike should be strong, but in no-CP the competition with another proc set is tough.
    Edited by Aznox on March 31, 2020 2:19PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Tolino wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Stamsorc is great, I don’t play one but play against them a lot.

I usually mix healing and damage as mag and what I see a lot do is shuffle/forward momentum through people and burst me down at the back of my group, then kite around a lot waiting for their burst. It’s really annoying (meaning it’s effective) and if you get the burst down it’s deadly.

I’d practice the whole dizzy - med (for stun) - onslaught into executioner burst combo. Get that down and the stamsorc speed makes it really difficult for mag to kite. That’s the playstyle that I see lots do really well with.

Stamsorc is great? Good joke!
    Stamsorc is only good at running away from a fight.

Stamsorc is the only class whitout a additional defense. Stamsorc doasn't have any debuffs.
    The only thing they have offensiv is great dmg-Passives. But they can't compensate the lack of a good burstcombo.

There are currently 2 ways to play Stamsorc! Either you stack your weapon damage as high as possible and hope that the dizzy Onslought Combo is enough or you play Proc-sets.

A lot of the best BG players on PC-NA are stamsorcs.

I think that only applies to NA server because people there build for burst. EU server folks build to tank which makes stamsorc falls behind. Best BG player on EU are former stamsorc mains rolling necros and warden.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must admit I've never played a sorc so I imagine it must be a L2P issue too....but i'm soooo squishy in medium!!!
    do many use Heavy...but them my damage just plummets...

confused
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    I must admit I've never played a sorc so I imagine it must be a L2P issue too....but i'm soooo squishy in medium!!!
    do many use Heavy...but them my damage just plummets...

confused

A vast majority uses heavy armor, oftentimes even combined with Pariah + BRP Dual Wield + Trollking. And if you still manage to die more than once an hour, just equip Defensive Rune.

With the Vampire changes, most will probably go Vamp anyway to make up for missing weapon damage ... my poor, poor Werewolf :(
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Thanks, is way of fire so strong ? Does not seen that strong choice compared to others

Yes, WoF and RM are the two highest single target damage sets in the game for no CP if you build for it (flurry).

Azureblight is also great and has excellent synergy with Stamsorc. The key is that the proc is AoE and can stack on everyone.

I took that idea and went [snip] with it.

Red Mountain (front), Way of Fire (also front), Merciless Charge (backbar), Skoria. 6 Medium, Orc and Lover mundus. Also double axes and double-dot poisons since more dots = more fun.

I mean I'm squishy and all and some Stamcros and Stamdks can practically 2-shot me, but my god the damage I put out makes it so much fun.

[edited for inappropriate language]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on April 8, 2020 9:32PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Thanks, is way of fire so strong ? Does not seen that strong choice compared to others

Yes, WoF and RM are the two highest single target damage sets in the game for no CP if you build for it (flurry).

Azureblight is also great and has excellent synergy with Stamsorc. The key is that the proc is AoE and can stack on everyone.

I took that idea and went [snip] with it.

Red Mountain (front), Way of Fire (also front), Merciless Charge (backbar), Skoria. 6 Medium, Orc and Lover mundus. Also double axes and double-dot poisons since more dots = more fun.

I mean I'm squishy and all and some Stamcros and Stamdks can practically 2-shot me, but my god the damage I put out makes it so much fun.

[edited for inappropriate language]

Just so I understand how WoF and RM work,

You have to have the 5th piece of each currently equipped for it to proc, right?

Lik,e you can't back bar one, apply a weapon dot on your backbar, then weapon swap (unequiping the 5th piece) and still get procs off tics of the weapon dot from your back bar?
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on April 8, 2020 9:34PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lik,e you can't back bar one, apply a weapon dot on your backbar, then weapon swap (unequiping the 5th piece) and still get procs off tics of the weapon dot from your back bar?

Nope, you can't do that.
    Set needs to be active when the trigger happens (here : when the dot ticks).
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club