The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Aspiring programmer looking for addon ideas

adjutant
adjutant
Hey there. I got interested in ESO addon API and after tinkering with random stuff and popular libraries I'd like to create something actually useful now. I won't promise anything but if I get interested in your idea AND my skills prove sufficient, I'll be glad bring your idea to life.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Create an addon that dismisses pets automatically when you approach crafting stations, banks, writ turnin locations or any time you are afk for 3 minutes or more.

Call it something very easy to remember and search for. Something like, Pet-B-Gone.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Create an addon that dismisses pets automatically when you approach crafting stations, banks, writ turnin locations or any time you are afk for 3 minutes or more.

Call it something very easy to remember and search for. Something like, Pet-B-Gone.

Think Writworthy already do that or is it Dolgubons?

I would like an addon, that could hide (and un-hide in case you feel like trying them out again for something) outfits, hairs, mounts and pets I never use in the collection menu? Would that be possible?

Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Think Writworthy already do that or is it Dolgubons?

I would like an addon, that could hide (and un-hide in case you feel like trying them out again for something) outfits, hairs, mounts and pets I never use in the collection menu? Would that be possible?

An addon that would basically create a favorite list for collectibles would be amazing.

Dolgubon's dismisses pets already, but a smaller individual option would be nice as well especially if it had the additional features mentioned, especially the afk pet removal.
    Edited by redspecter23 on March 18, 2020 11:08PM
  • adjutant
    adjutant
    Pet-B-Gone.

I absolutely love that. I just looked up API and it looks totally possible to me. I'll start working on it soon.

• ziggr
    ziggr
    ✭✭✭
    The code for PetKennel is available if you're looking for hints on how to write an add-on that dismisses pets around crafting stations, bankers, other places.

PetKennel triggers off of interaction events: if you interact with a crafting table, banker, or writ board, hide the pets.
    Dolgubon's triggers off of geo-fences: if you walk into certain coordinates, hide the pets.

PS: You cannot activate combat pets via add-on API: that would be triggering an ability via script, which ZOS prohibits.
  • adjutant
    adjutant
    ziggr wrote: »
    PetKennel
    Unfortunately I gave Minion a second look AFTER I replied here, so I didn't notice your addon. Looks like it has almost all the functionality I can imagine and since you still maintain it, writing another one doesn't feel reasonable. Thanks for the GitHub link though.

Edited by adjutant on March 19, 2020 2:06PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @adjutant

Is it possible to make a small, compact addon that will display crafting materials you have stored in housing storage chests, when you use crafting stations ? Crafting stations display only what you have in your bank & inventory.

Example:
    lets say I have to craft something in Ancient Elf style. Palladium is the motive style material. So if I don't have it in my inventory or bank, I can not craft it. But wait, the addon hints to me that I have 146 of them (Palladium) in my housing storage.

It would be very simple thing to do, that could expand the functionality of housing storage, so items there will be "pseudo-visible" by crafting stations (you will still have to go to the chest and get transfer it to your inventory in order to craft it, but at lest you could organize your bank better).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 19, 2020 2:20PM
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    Something that shows inventory numbers while looking at game mail inbox; outgoing mail shows inventory numbers (presumably because it shows your inventory, for obvious reasons) but for some unknown reason, the 'inbox' doesn't display inventory item count/total space.

Also, many add-ons rely on extant libraries that may no longer be maintained or are, perhaps, sub-optimal in terms of performance; since add-ons seem to get blamed/are the cause of some performance issues, perhaps take a look at some of these core libraries and see if any performance optimisations are possible?

Maybe take a look through some add-ons that are no longer maintained and see if you think there are some that just need refreshed to become functionally useful again?

Or perhaps there are a few add-ons that use the same or similar functionality but do so internally; maybe such functionality can be better or usefully deployed in a separate library or libraries? A possible example is the pet-dismissal/kennel previously discussed; there are probably a lot of add-ons that could seamlessly provide that capability if it was in a library particularly given that it seems there are a number fo different ways to approach it (coordinate location and craft table use as triggers for example).

Thanks in advance for all your useful and fun creations.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need an add on that when I swing my chikethorn sword it sounds like a light saber from Star Wars PLEASE
  • Hexvaldr
    Hexvaldr
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure quite a few necromancers out there would appreciate a soulcounter add-on to document how many slain foes' essences they have repurposed to a greater cause... Completely unnecessary but nefariously satisfying.
  • adjutant
    adjutant
  • adjutant
    adjutant
    @Azmarul unfortunately I don't have Elsweyr chapter so I can't play necro and developing something blindfolded isn't my cup of tea.
  • adjutant
    adjutant
    @Tommy_The_Gun Ah, fellow f2p player :smiley: I will try to do that, albeit I don't think many people store mats in their housing chests.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m completely bummed here is no add on that allows me to have a light sabre. Please. Make it happen lol.
  • csbeau1969
    csbeau1969
    ✭✭
    Hi,

Thank you for asking. I would suggest a hotbar for collections. Something that does not interfere with the existing combat bars, Q-bar, etc. but that would allow easy access to collections and to activate them.

Thank you,

csbeau
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adjutant wrote: »
    @Tommy_The_Gun Ah, fellow f2p player :smiley: I will try to do that, albeit I don't think many people store mats in their housing chests.
    Well, an addon could change that. ESO+ simply has a craft bag and all crafting mats go there. So more & more crafting materials in not a problem for ESO+.

But, a vast majority of players does not use ESO+, hence they keep crafting materials in bank. But with every DLC / Chapter we have more & more style materials. It is impossible to keep them all in normal bank.

If we somehow could keep style mats in housing storage, one small chest, 30 slots (or large, 60 slots) and this was somehow "visible" by crafting station, or at least the UI would be hinting to us that we have "X" crafting mat in housing storage, we could simply keep 1 racial stack of crafting mats in bank, to do daily crafting quests and move all of other materials (used rarely only in crafting writs) to our housing chests. This should solve the invontory problem for a LONG time.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    An Addon to help with group Materials collecting. Guilds are having members run a Materials contest and after the contest is over collect from the participants and record what they have collected. I`ve searched and nothing so far has that ability. Would need to be able to announce, then group, display what is collected as the items are collected, record items to a format for notepad "example", then who ever is running this contest can deliver or record as it`s deposited into the bank. Thanks for the interest.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you think?
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An addon that would basically create a favorite list for collectibles would be amazing.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2503-VotansCollectibleMostRecentlyUsed.html
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adjutant wrote: »
    Well, an addon could change that. ESO+ simply has a craft bag and all crafting mats go there. So more & more crafting materials in not a problem for ESO+.

But, a vast majority of players does not use ESO+, hence they keep crafting materials in bank. But with every DLC / Chapter we have more & more style materials. It is impossible to keep them all in normal bank.

If we somehow could keep style mats in housing storage, one small chest, 30 slots (or large, 60 slots) and this was somehow "visible" by crafting station, or at least the UI would be hinting to us that we have "X" crafting mat in housing storage, we could simply keep 1 racial stack of crafting mats in bank, to do daily crafting quests and move all of other materials (used rarely only in crafting writs) to our housing chests. This should solve the invontory problem for a LONG time.

Try out IIf: (Inventory Insight from Ashes) https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info731-InventoryInsight.html.
    It got all your inventory items in all bags and banks and you can select from a dropdown to only see special bags or banks + search text filters and material type filters in it's own UI.
    So you can use that at the crafting stations as 2nd UI to show items you got somewhere, no matter if materials or sets or whatever.
    Also able to search items cross characters + banks.
    Edited by Baertram on April 1, 2020 1:58PM
  • morrowind7771ub17_ESO
    morrowind7771ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Referring to my new post above.. What about Mannequins and open and close display cases?MAnnequins that you can diplay a whole set of armor on Display cases you can put rare relics in and take out.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant stand the constant messages directly in the middle of the screen and so BIG
    i wish was an add-on that allowed ALL messages to be placed on the bottom, right side of the screen, and also in small print just like it was in morrowind, including every time i enter in a town and ALL messages of Every kind.

thank you in advance for the thread and ability to ask such things as this.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to have an addon which queues items to be deposited in a guild bank, and deposits them automatically as soon as it becomes possible.

It's extremely aggravating to go to a guild bank to deposit several dozen items, and have to wait up to a minute after depositing every 5-6 items. I'd much rather queue them up and go make some tea or whatever, while the items are being deposited.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    i cant stand the constant messages directly in the middle of the screen and so BIG
    i wish was an add-on that allowed ALL messages to be placed on the bottom, right side of the screen, and also in small print just like it was in morrowind, including every time i enter in a town and ALL messages of Every kind.

thank you in advance for the thread and ability to ask such things as this.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info602-Azurah-InterfaceEnhanced.html
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2485-Nothankyou-Dragonhold.html
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like an addon to show only the styles and recipes that I don't know in guild shops.

I use Craft Store, which puts a pink circle in front of known recipes and styles and a red circle in front of those we don't know yet. But you have to scroll through all the pages of the shops and look for red circles ... It is not very practical.

There is also Awesome Guild Store, which offers an option to hide what we already know, but it seems very heavy to install and I already have a lot of ping and other performance problems. It needs a lot of libraries.
    I would like a fairly light addon that only shows recipes and styles that we haven't learned in guild stores to save time. I know you can search by name, but when you just want to search to complete a collection, it takes too long to search by name for everything you need. Especially for furniture!

Thanks! o:)
  • IIJam3zII
    IIJam3zII
    Soul Shriven
    Hi there, as someone that plays either kb/mouse or controller on occasion , one of my biggest concerns is the low amount of good addons supporting the controller ui :neutral:
    the better ones are either not updated/supported anymore or miss libs or interfere with other addons.
    A large issue is that ZoS removed ui scaling from the controller UI wich re-scales and reformats everything everytime u switch the controller ui on and of.
    I've used several addons to make my life easier in regards to switching between ui's but it remains quite the hassle everytime.
    Using Azurah for scaling is fine, but not with the action bar as it bugs out the visual after a reload ui or zone change.

having an Addon to sort and save profiles between addons would be a great addition ( something like joviex's Addon settings transfer used to do)
    and some love to the controller ui addons (in the likes of gamepadbuddy, better UI, kelapadUI, advanced disable controller UI)
    Controller ui tooltip integrations from other addons ( craftstore/ttc/master recipe list/inventory insight etc)

Im just a huge fan of tooltips and minimalistic UI's, kinda miss that massivley on the controller UI... what can i say :smile:

grts, James
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mysanne wrote: »
    I would like an addon to show only the styles and recipes that I don't know in guild shops.

I use Craft Store, which puts a pink circle in front of known recipes and styles and a red circle in front of those we don't know yet. But you have to scroll through all the pages of the shops and look for red circles ... It is not very practical.

There is also Awesome Guild Store, which offers an option to hide what we already know, but it seems very heavy to install and I already have a lot of ping and other performance problems. It needs a lot of libraries.
    I would like a fairly light addon that only shows recipes and styles that we haven't learned in guild stores to save time. I know you can search by name, but when you just want to search to complete a collection, it takes too long to search by name for everything you need. Especially for furniture!

Thanks! o:)

How about you give Awesome Guild Store a try before you write it off as being heavy? Saying it will cause you performance problems without testing it, just because you'd have to install the dependencies is mean and dishonest. :'( It doesn't affect performance as it doesn't do much of anything outside the store.
    Don't ask someone else to waste their time writing another addon which does the same thing just because you are lazy. ;)
    Edited by sirinsidiator on April 13, 2020 10:34AM
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • graybeardII
    graybeardII
    ✭✭✭
    How about an add on that just lets you pick your defalt guild store by defalt with out all the stuff the other two addons have (ie) a.g.s and mm
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saying it will cause you performance problems without testing it, just because you'd have to install the dependencies is mean and dishonest
    Don't ask someone else to waste their time writing another addon which does the same thing just because you are lazy.

I didn't mean to be mean. I'm just a girl who doesn't know much about computers and who can hardly play because of ping.
    I already tried Awesome Guild Store a few years ago and I found it very good.

You could only have said to me: "Don't worry, my addon is not very heavy and will not decrease your performance." Because you're the one hurting this time. :'(
  • adjutant
    adjutant
    Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately my computer died and I didn't have a spare one for ~2 weeks. Now I'm busy writing my 1st real addon and after publishing it I'll start working on some of the proposed ideas.