The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Aspiring programmer looking for addon ideas

• Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    adjutant wrote: »
    Hey there. I got interested in ESO addon API and after tinkering with random stuff and popular libraries I'd like to create something actually useful now. I won't promise anything but if I get interested in your idea AND my skills prove sufficient, I'll be glad bring your idea to life.

hey, there is a set called ,,clever alchemist" which is triggert by using a potion and its a set which u could use well on 1bar but im just to used to spam my pots (cause of pve) if u would have time u could programm a addon which automaticly disables the ability to drink potions if u are on the other bar (like the addon which does the same but with synergys) would love this and would even pay u gold if u would programm this
  • Ltc4
    Ltc4
    There a couple addons that i found that i really like but 1 isn't compatible with the other and neither of them have been updated in years. I don't know if bringing them back to life or making one that takes the place of each would interest you but it would be really cool in my opinion.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1813-CritDamage.html#info
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info984-MitigationPercentwithworkingpenetrat....html

The MitigationPercentage works only in the invintory stats page if CritDamage is turned on. in CritDamage is turned off it works in the character sheet menu as well. The esoui comments on CritDamage mention that it dones't properly include the khajiit passive or the adjustment to the shadow mundus. The only other thing is that in the character sheet it doesn't have a percentage.

Again I don't know how many people use these addons but I really enjoy them and would love to see these updates/changes if you choose to do so. Good luck on the new PC and good luck and thank you for the work you for the addons you will make.
    Edited by Ltc4 on April 19, 2020 11:22PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately my computer died and I didn't have a spare one for ~2 weeks. Now I'm busy writing my 1st real addon and after publishing it I'll start working on some of the proposed ideas.

Awesome and Thank You
    :)
  • Scav1985
    Scav1985
    Hello mate.
    I have request/proposition to make addon that disables/changes visual effect of some buffs. Specifically Mother's Ciannait set visual effect. ATM it visual effect is very annoying, it is very big, too much visible and it covers my targets during combat and I almost can't see them. Screenshot below.
    I'm not sure if this kind of modification is possibly and legal but it will be very usefull for some people.
    Cheers

99a3zo1f17no.png
  • shawnpreub18_ESO1
    shawnpreub18_ESO1
    Soul Shriven
    Fix the current out of date libraries.

Fix the current out of date popular mods.

Make your own Branch if you must.

I'm a returning player and finding add-ons are a complete *** show currently. The majority that I try out I wind up with UI errors. It's become too much work to find out what mod does something useful, and doesn't have out of date dependencies or for whatever other reason tends to produce UI errors.

It's a huge problem, especially for group content. There are times you just can't be dealing with UI errors.

Bless you and good luck.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the current out of date libraries.

Fix the current out of date popular mods.

Make your own Branch if you must.

I'm a returning player and finding add-ons are a complete *** show currently. The majority that I try out I wind up with UI errors. It's become too much work to find out what mod does something useful, and doesn't have out of date dependencies or for whatever other reason tends to produce UI errors.

It's a huge problem, especially for group content. There are times you just can't be dealing with UI errors.

Bless you and good luck.

You're correct that some are outdated and won't work properly anymore but the majority however are working fine. In general it is often proven that people skip reading the mod developer instructions how to use their mods. It also helps to check on the esoui comments section if something is not working properly, the answer can be found on the first page most of the time.

Also it helps if you don't download 20 addons simultanously. I would recommend adding a few of them at a time to see if there's a problem, that way it's way easier to pinpoint your problem. After that it's pretty easy to maintain them with Minion but yes, using mods does require some maintanence.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • adjutant
    adjutant
    Scav1985 wrote: »
    Hello mate.
    I have request/proposition to make addon that disables/changes visual effect of some buffs. Specifically Mother's Ciannait set visual effect. ATM it visual effect is very annoying, it is very big, too much visible and it covers my targets during combat and I almost can't see them. Screenshot below.
    I'm not sure if this kind of modification is possibly and legal but it will be very usefull for some people.
    Cheers

99a3zo1f17no.png

This is not possible. Addons only have access to the UI.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Create something like auto post function in chat. Like when you hit x it will post in /yell "ENEMY BEHIND!!!" etc
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Create something like auto post function in chat. Like when you hit x it will post in /yell "ENEMY BEHIND!!!" etc

Not possible for add-ons
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream Addon:
    When at a quest giver, I will be able to tell by looking at the quest givers chat window if I have done the quest yet on any of my other characters or not. Even just giving the text a different color would be sufficient (say, red, if I have completed the quest already on another character).

I want to be able to go anywhere on any character knowing I can always find new quest content. Every Chapter, I feel stuck doing the entire zone on only one character because this is the only way to tell if I have completed the quests already or not.

I guess my memory is horrible.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes, the biggest hurdle when you decide to start writing addons... what can I make that doesn't already exist in 15+ separate addons?

I recommend you get started by simply making your own private addons. You can have it tweak your UI, modify your inventory controls, recharging/repairing your armor, etc.

Eventually you might come across a niche part of the game that doesn't have a good/popular addon already cornering the market.

That's pretty much how all of my addons got started.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take over discontinued addons such as the recently discontinued urich's hireling timer
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probably not possible but.....

A chat add-on that allows you to chat to all three of the undaunted camps areas if you are in one of them?

Something like a /say within 3 zones that only works if you are with in a specific distance from the Undaunted Pledge givers.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • salander7
    salander7
    ✭✭✭
    Searching for updates on this addon, I stumbled on your post...
    Making an addon from scratch is nice, but helping one of the most used add-ons to stay alive sounds even better.

I noticed Urich Skill Point Finder stopped working a couple of days ago. At first I thought it was one of those bugs and it would be fixed, but it has been completely discontinued, since it's author no longer plays ESO.

However, he is willing to let someone take on the add-on. They are four in total, but I think USPF is the most widely known and used, with almost 0.5M users just in ESOUI, not counting Minion Users.

USPF link in ESOUI is here, where you can see the author's msg.

In this pic you can see all the add-ons. From what I know about programming, it doesn't look too complicated, for any of the add-ons, just a couple of timers and standard True/False check on certain achievements, I guess, but if I knew a lot about programming I would take on myself I guess :tongue:
    u7khpnust3cb.png
    Main: Dragonknight Tank.

Crown trading middleman in PC-EU.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems to me that the best add-ons are those that YOU feel should be in the game, not what someone else would like to see. Play the game, find something that you would really like to see added, and go create. Of course, there are limitations of the API, but ZOS seems to have done a pretty good job of keeping things open.
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Seems to me that the best add-ons are those that YOU feel should be in the game, not what someone else would like to see. Play the game, find something that you would really like to see added, and go create. Of course, there are limitations of the API, but ZOS seems to have done a pretty good job of keeping things open.

I disagree - asking other people for suggestions is a great way to get great add-on ideas. Many of my addons and the features in them came about only because someone asked for it. Some of them I would never have come up with otherwise. The only effect of you wanting an addon that makes it better, is that you'll be more invested in it, and spend more time on it.

Addons:
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An add that makes group crown bigger but also allows you to set up symbols or colors for few other key people so you know where they are at all time

Some addon do that but they come with hundreds of useless functions and they dont do it right as far as i know
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    An add that makes group crown bigger but also allows you to set up symbols or colors for few other key people so you know where they are at all time

Some addon do that but they come with hundreds of useless functions and they dont do it right as far as i know

Key people in group, or are you requesting some sort of player stalking add-on???
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

What's there is basically what can be done. The icons can't be changed individually, you can only change the crown and everything else all together.

Addons:
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    salander7 wrote: »
    Searching for updates on this addon, I stumbled on your post...
    Making an addon from scratch is nice, but helping one of the most used add-ons to stay alive sounds even better.

Here's pretty popular one too:
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1605-WritWorthy.html
    Today, 05:16 AM
    Re: WritWorthy 6.0.1 is ziggr's last relaese
    Want to update WritWorthy for your own copy? Go for it!

Want to upload new versions of WritWorthy? File a pull request at github and I'll look it over. If I accept enough pull requests from someone, I'll add them as a maintainer and get out of the way.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • salander7
    salander7
    ✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »
    omg, Ziggr is leaving this? so sad to hear
    Main: Dragonknight Tank.

Crown trading middleman in PC-EU.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mysanne wrote: »
    I would like an addon to show only the styles and recipes that I don't know in guild shops.

I use Craft Store, which puts a pink circle in front of known recipes and styles and a red circle in front of those we don't know yet. But you have to scroll through all the pages of the shops and look for red circles ... It is not very practical.

There is also Awesome Guild Store, which offers an option to hide what we already know, but it seems very heavy to install and I already have a lot of ping and other performance problems. It needs a lot of libraries.
    I would like a fairly light addon that only shows recipes and styles that we haven't learned in guild stores to save time. I know you can search by name, but when you just want to search to complete a collection, it takes too long to search by name for everything you need. Especially for furniture!

Thanks! o:)

this...!
    i would love this too, already opened a thread about it some time ago.

####

Just saw the discussion about it above. Just want to say at first, i dont want to offend someone (at least here and now ^^), and i'm happy about every addon, because i love them and couldnt play without some functionality, which only gives us addons.
    I also loved your addon "awesomeguildstore", but... how can i say it... since the ingame UI got an update, i dont need most of it. So i only need that one tick "unknown stuff", for which i also feel the addon ist too huge just to use that one option. And i had performance issues.... a search via name took ingame about 2 seconds, with addon about 30 secs. Maybe i did something wrong, or it broke because of another addon (have around 150 installed), but i would also love just a small addon for unknown stuff. I'm also not a fan of eso's trading system at all, in fact, i hate it and only use it if really really nessessary and even in this cases i look at the website and just go to that trader. If its not on the website, i just leave it for another time. So i'm not the target group for your addon at all, for designated traders it's a must have, i'm sure.

But a hived off addon could be great for all non traders.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    csbeau1969 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you for asking. I would suggest a hotbar for collections. Something that does not interfere with the existing combat bars, Q-bar, etc. but that would allow easy access to collections and to activate them.

Thank you,

csbeau

There is also AlphaStyle, which allows you to save complete setups of all collections, including mounts, pets, skins, hairs, glasses whatever. Per Hotkey you can change between your combinations.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2411-AlphaStyle.html
    Edited by tim99 on May 11, 2020 11:11AM
  • adjutant
    adjutant
    madman65 wrote: »
    An Addon to help with group Materials collecting. Guilds are having members run a Materials contest and after the contest is over collect from the participants and record what they have collected. I`ve searched and nothing so far has that ability. Would need to be able to announce, then group, display what is collected as the items are collected, record items to a format for notepad "example", then who ever is running this contest can deliver or record as it`s deposited into the bank. Thanks for the interest.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2496-FarmManager.html
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a automatic fish cast and reel in add on... that would be best ESO mod of the last 5 years!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • adjutant
    adjutant
    Can we get a automatic fish cast and reel in add on... that would be best ESO mod of the last 5 years!

Not possible. Addons can't automate player actions. You need a bot for that and it will get you banned :P
  • adjutant
    adjutant
    Xologamer wrote: »
    Hey there. I got interested in ESO addon API and after tinkering with random stuff and popular libraries I'd like to create something actually useful now. I won't promise anything but if I get interested in your idea AND my skills prove sufficient, I'll be glad bring your idea to life.

hey, there is a set called ,,clever alchemist" which is triggert by using a potion and its a set which u could use well on 1bar but im just to used to spam my pots (cause of pve) if u would have time u could programm a addon which automaticly disables the ability to drink potions if u are on the other bar (like the addon which does the same but with synergys) would love this and would even pay u gold if u would programm this

I'm working on it.
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A skill point/Skyshard tracker that has a pop up window showing what you have and have not collected. There use to be one but the author said they wasn’t going to update it anymore and took it down
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like some kind of indicator and/or loud beeping when my food runs out.
  • Granicus
    Granicus
    ✭✭✭
    Something may exist already, but I’d like the capability to click once on a Wayshrine in a Map (at a Wayshrine) and then travel there without having to click anything else. No confirmation that Yes I actually want to go there, no wading through all the Set Destination options (not really sure where those come from). I’d much rather deal with the rare times I hit one i didn’t mean to versus the constant clicking/keystroke confirmations, to quickly go where I said I wanted to go the first time.
    Edited by Granicus on May 26, 2020 9:07PM
    PC/NA
    PvE
    Intel I9-9900K
    32GB RAM
    2x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSDs
    Nvidia RTX 2080 TI 11GB