The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New PvP Zone!

• Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭
    Suligost wrote: »
    I have a sneaking suspicion this is a clown thread.

Wont be suprise amonng threads "my class is bad", "I want my buffs back", "Why PvP sucks", "ESo servers bad", "OMG so much grind"... you are clowns not even the threads.

I put a Poll thread up on this very subject less than 48 hours ago. But I can keep your inferior one at the top of "recent discussions" if you like.

😏

Ye ye, I've seen you dumb poll and fact that you suggested PvP as main topic of DLC, outcome was rather obvious. This should be addition, most people are PvE/single players in ESO but whatever im out of this very unsatisfying discussion.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyrodiil is actually a great PvP zone when it’s not lagging and buggy. If they put as much effort into improving Cyrodiil as they do in the crown store we would have an excellent PvP experience. Shame this is unlikely to happen though...
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a sneaking suspicion this is a clown thread.

Wont be suprise amonng threads "my class is bad", "I want my buffs back", "Why PvP sucks", "ESo servers bad", "OMG so much grind"... you are clowns not even the threads.

I put a Poll thread up on this very subject less than 48 hours ago. But I can keep your inferior one at the top of "recent discussions" if you like.

😏

Ye ye, I've seen you dumb poll and fact that you suggested PvP as main topic of DLC, outcome was rather obvious. This should be addition, most people are PvE/single players in ESO but whatever im out of this very unsatisfying discussion.

Bye-bye!
    From the first sentences of original post it was clear you don't care about PVP and just want another zone for questing. Because all you said about Cyro is wrong, you just camouflaged it by good intentions, but as you know such ruses are always obvious.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    PVP and PVP SHOULD NOT BE MIXED PERIOD.

I take it you meant "PVE and PVP SHOULD NOT BE MIXED PERIOD." Personally, I don't mind having PvE content in a PvP zone, by which I mean Cyrodiil and the Imperial City-- although it would be nice if I could finish the Imperial City PvE content without getting ganked by other players in the process, but I'm still okay with that being a danger.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    but there are some other PvP zones... they are called Battlegrounds and Imperial City

But you can't play with any family/friends in BG.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Would be a very bad idea to have PvP in any way impact PvE drops or experience gained. There are a lot of players that detest PvP and would even if it worked properly and it isn't fair to them that experience gained could be influenced by a part of the game they have zero interest in.
    Would be an even worse idea to have PvP actions in any way spawn events in PvE zones.
    You also don't want upgrading keeps to take away from the purpose of PvP, the killing of other players.

I think they should force all of the people who "detest pvp" to go into cyrodil and deal with what we deal with. Maybe then so many role players will stop leaving comments like "the game runs fine for me".

And why shouldnt you have to pvp? I will probably have to do this stupid antiquities system if the gear is good. Same with things like vma in the past, or dungeon gear, skill lines, or whatever it is. Idk why some people think it should go one way but not the other.

Anyway, we are long over due for a new pvp zone. I cant say they should do it because this game is in a shameful state right now, for more reasons than one, and cyrodil is where that really shines. But 1 pvp DLC vs like 14 pve DLC is not fair in any way. And no, morrowind was not a pvp DLC.

But you will never see any kind of pve/pvp merger in this game. This is not the dev team for that. They are 100% focused on hand holding casuals so you can forget that. I wish at least they would increase material gathering in cyrodil, or something similar, to give a wider variety of people more incentive to go into cyrodil. Kind of like IC is with tel var for making gold. Regardless, if they fix performance, I will be happy with any decently done pvp zone. But I wont hold my breath.
    Edited by eso_lags on March 31, 2020 11:15PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Did anyone else click on this thread thinking the OP was excited because they'd heard there's going to be a new PvP zone? :D

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing one of the two annual dungeon DLCs be replaced by a new PvP zone. I buy all chapters and DLCs for the sake of completeness, but I seldom if ever play the dungeon DLCs, so skipping a dungeon DLC in order to add a new PvP DLC would be fine by me.

I know that isn't the OP's suggestion, but I'd rather see a brand new PvP DLC than to see Cyrodiil be changed.

Are you wanting a new zone to replace Cyrodiil? That is the only way a new zone might work. The PvP community is small enough as it and dispersing it across new content would be detrimental to the game.

No, I don't want a new zone of any kind to replace Cyrodiil. But I disagree that the only way adding a new PvP zone would work is if it were to replace Cyrodiil.

And I'm not specifically keen on the idea of adding a PvP DLC; I just threw that out as a random idea because I don't generally play all of the dungeon DLCs anyway, so replacing one of the twice-a-year dungeon DLCs with a new PvP DLC-- as a one-time thing, not as a recurring thing-- wouldn't make much difference to me. I'd rather see Cyrodiil left as-is, and I don't want to see the regular zone DLC be replaced by a PvP DLC.

Like I said-- just a random idea, since so many PvP players keep asking for new PvP content. A new PvP DLC area wouldn't need to be a full zone-- for example, it could be like a "regular" dungeon or trial except with PvP enabled, such that groups of players could compete with each other to complete the dungeon, or something like that. Just a random idea that I'm not at all married to, so feel free to dis it and tear it to shreds; my feelings won't be hurt at all. :D
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With this discussion seeming to have come to an end and derailing a bit with baiting and flaming, we're going to go ahead and close it down. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful with the Forum Rules in mind to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.