The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New PvP Zone!

Suligost
Suligost
✭✭✭
Hi,
Another of topics that should be considered is making new PvP zone. Sry guys but Cyrodiil didnt work for past 4-5 years and it aint suddenly gonna, so dont defend it as with combination of EU server it is simply unplayable and always will be. ESO cant: hold that many players at same time, 3/4 of it is empty and unused, there is no real benefits of doing it except few rewards (sets can be moved), there is no fun because of constant lags and boredom.

My idea is to make out of Cyrodiil new reworked PvE zone and prepare new smaller PvP zone that will hold only 2 (or stick to 3 but not on rules of Cyrodiil) sides or... we going total old school into guild fights. There should be on example of Greymoor big PvE zone and smaller PvP that impacts people at PvE to encourage them to participate in PvP activities.
Example:
1. We have PvP zone that holds 4 unique keeps and 2 settlements. Each keeps provide for guild or side (example Vampire vs Mortals or continue 3 banner alliance) variety of benefits.
2. Each holded keep provide 2% EXP, 2% (or less) of loot chance and 2% of increased gold drop in PvE zone (+ unique sets, skins ala Cyrodiil).
3. Unique keeps can be upgraded for holding settlements and defending caravans with materials and gold from citizens to their new lords for which can be purchased ugrades.
4. Keeps can serve as guild halls ( inner castle and outer for rest) with every crafting table, training targets and something extra (maybe extra 1% of benefits).
5. On example of 2 sides: If vampires lose every keep, system will pop mini event with contingent of npc elites and boss (vampire lord, some lord for mortals or in case of 3 banners even leader of faction) that will march on nearest keep (should be random). In case of losing contignent it could cause some minor event in PvE zone, like vampires attacking main citiy (possibly strong, Solitude) or mortals vampire hold (example) alarming by that about upcoming doom (or they will roam the land so people will have to form groups in order to do their quests and activities - survival time).
6. Keep idea of Volendrung but maybe make something different or... move it to PvE zone so it work as minor mini event like in Lineage 2. For example player found Umbra Sword and is consumed by eternal hunger so kills people. He basically becomes new boss with possible unique loot? Or stick too PvP area if you think its to hardcore for younger generations. He could kill for one side but if player reach certain amount of killed people he turns against everyone for little bit of mayhem.

This are general ideas but the thing is it should be more entertaining, each siege unique, make battleground a bit more dynamic and provide real benefits for people so they wont get bored after 1 group fight. Also a bit less people and smaller map gonna provide more stability. Also people will be more attached to side of their choosing or guild they fighting for.
What do you think? I think Cyrodiil is lost cause and implementation something like that is crucial for the game rather just dumping time and money into Zone that havent much changed in therms of gameplay and playability.
Edited by Suligost on March 31, 2020 8:17PM
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with Cyrodiil, it just needs the lag fixing.

Be safe
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They could reduce the population to 20 players per faction and make the map 90% smaller and the performance would still be crap.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    but there are some other PvP zones... they are called Battlegrounds and Imperial City
    Edited by Xvorg on March 31, 2020 8:22PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fresh idea
  • Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭
    They could reduce the population to 20 players per faction and make the map 90% smaller and the performance would still be crap.
    If you think Cyrodiil is okay then I think you havent played anything older then WoW. You just lack perspective of how good PvP can look or work out. Also Cyrodiil stagnate cuz people are you know what? Okay with it, and thats why it will never be improved and thats why you have same thing for past 5 years.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be a very bad idea to have PvP in any way impact PvE drops or experience gained. There are a lot of players that detest PvP and would even if it worked properly and it isn't fair to them that experience gained could be influenced by a part of the game they have zero interest in.
    Would be an even worse idea to have PvP actions in any way spawn events in PvE zones.
    You also don't want upgrading keeps to take away from the purpose of PvP, the killing of other players.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Would be a very bad idea to have PvP in any way impact PvE drops or experience gained. There are a lot of players that detest PvP and would even if it worked properly and it isn't fair to them that experience gained could be influenced by a part of the game they have zero interest in.
    Would be an even worse idea to have PvP actions in any way spawn events in PvE zones.
    You also don't want upgrading keeps to take away from the purpose of PvP, the killing of other players.

Upgrading keeps is to help make them easier to defend (also give purpose and goals) and control while PvE open world is easier then Skyrim on easy mode and after doing usually maing quest there is nothing to do and point is to make unpredictable. And they should be affected by % because people that actually put an effort into game can be rewarded for their time (its little boost that matter for some people but causals aint into hardcore calculations anyway, so it wont make any difference to them). Many mmos done it and people played like 10 ten years, longer then ESO will last but ESO player base is so young and aint rly experienced with the games. Its hard to implement anything into the game when or listen to player by devs if the playerbase doesnt rly know what they want but surely they "want something new".
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suligost wrote: »
    If you think Cyrodiil is okay then I think you havent played anything older then WoW. You just lack perspective of how good PvP can look or work out. Also Cyrodiil stagnate cuz people are you know what? Okay with it, and thats why it will never be improved and thats why you have same thing for past 5 years.

Been playing these games since they were text based MUDS
    Played every main MMO out there - still play WOW/EQ1/EQ2/GW2/SWTOR and many solely PvP games.
    Cyrodiil works because you are not forced to PvP a set way, you do what you want.

As i said in my opinion there's nowt wrong with it other than a few bugs (cough) and the lag.

Be safe
  • Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭

Been playing these games since they were text based MUDS
    Played every main MMO out there - still play WOW/EQ1/EQ2/GW2/SWTOR and many solely PvP games.
    Cyrodiil works because you are not forced to PvP a set way, you do what you want.

As i said in my opinion there's nowt wrong with it other than a few bugs (cough) and the lag.

Be safe

Not even 1 except WoW native and Burning is old mate and EQ I think you barely touched since Cyrodiil works out for you. People dont have even clue from what they took idea of Volendrung mechanic... lack of gaming experience :)
    Edited by Suligost on March 31, 2020 8:48PM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL...can just see it, they retool everything so it's guild vs. guild and immediately there's a mass screaming spitfit about how bigger, more organized guilds stomp small guilds that don't want to coordinate, so the game immediately nerfs guilds so they can't have more than 5 members. Just look how they did BGs, that's the new template for everything. If people can't be arsed to do something, all they have to do is complain and ZOS will take away other people's ability to do the work.
  • Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    LOL...can just see it, they retool everything so it's guild vs. guild and immediately there's a mass screaming spitfit about how bigger, more organized guilds stomp small guilds that don't want to coordinate, so the game immediately nerfs guilds so they can't have more than 5 members. Just look how they did BGs, that's the new template for everything. If people can't be arsed to do something, all they have to do is complain and ZOS will take away other people's ability to do the work.

Well, you might be right but decade ago such state in mmo was considerd normal, that was whole point of organizining for fight... to win them and devs provided rewards and purpose for such players and we could always find bigger fish with a time. ESO community want to rival each other but not be weaker then others, ESO players want changes in some classes but not rework, so basically just flat scream "buff me so I can kill everybody". ESO playerbase whine about Cyrodiil and lags but when topic that suggest something new they suprisly say its okay. Confusion, Im not suprised that new things come so slow... maybe devs aint lazy they just dont know to satisfy you all as you simply dont know what you want or want absurd/opossite xD
    Edited by Suligost on March 31, 2020 8:56PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is barely used outside of lanes between the center keeps. Not enough players in a campaign these days. I don’t think there’s ever going to be a new PvP zone.
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    Another of topics that should be considered is making new PvP zone. Sry guys but Cyrodiil didnt work for past 4-5 years and it aint suddenly gonna, so dont defend it as with combination of EU server it is simply unplayable and always will be. ESO cant: hold that many players at same time, 3/4 of it is empty and unused, there is no real benefits of doing it except few rewards (sets can be moved), there is no fun because of constant lags and boredom.

My idea is to make out of Cyrodiil new reworked PvE zone and prepare new smaller PvP zone that will hold only 2 (or stick to 3 but not on rules of Cyrodiil) sides or... we going total old school into guild fights. There should be on example of Greymoor big PvE zone and smaller PvP that impacts people at PvE to encourage them to participate in PvP activities.
    Example:
    1. We have PvP zone that holds 4 unique keeps and 2 settlements. Each keeps provide for guild or side (example Vampire vs Mortals or continue 3 banner alliance) variety of benefits.
    2. Each holded keep provide 2% EXP, 2% (or less) of loot chance and 2% of increased gold drop in PvE zone (+ unique sets, skins ala Cyrodiil).
    3. Unique keeps can be upgraded for holding settlements and defending caravans with materials and gold from citizens to their new lords for which can be purchased ugrades.
    4. Keeps can serve as guild halls ( inner castle and outer for rest) with every crafting table, training targets and something extra (maybe extra 1% of benefits).
    5. On example of 2 sides: If vampires lose every keep, system will pop mini event with contingent of npc elites and boss (vampire lord, some lord for mortals or in case of 3 banners even leader of faction) that will march on nearest keep (should be random). In case of losing contignent it could cause some minor event in PvE zone, like vampires attacking main citiy (possibly strong, Solitude) or mortals vampire hold (example) alarming by that about upcoming doom (or they will roam the land so people will have to form groups in order to do their quests and activities - survival time).
    6. Keep idea of Volendrung but maybe make something different or... move it to PvE zone so it work as minor mini event like in Lineage 2. For example player found Umbra Sword and is consumed by eternal hunger so kills people. He basically becomes new boss with possible unique loot? Or stick too PvP area if you think its to hardcore for younger generations. He could kill for one side but if player reach certain amount of killed people he turns against everyone for little bit of mayhem.

This are general ideas but the thing is it should be more entertaining, each siege unique, make battleground a bit more dynamic and provide real benefits for people so they wont get bored after 1 group fight. Also a bit less people and smaller map gonna provide more stability. Also people will be more attached to side of their choosing or guild they fighting for.
    What do you think? I think Cyrodiil is lost cause and implementation something like that is crucial for the game rather just dumping time and money into Zone that havent much changed in therms of gameplay and playability.

Go down the thread list and Vote Yes then.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would love a new LARGE pvp area.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

And who would play on it? Cyrodiil is your LARGE pvp area. Lol
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭

There is a far superior large PvP area already in the game which lies empty. All it needs is a bit of a rework and the PvE element removed.

Any future PvP has to be of the small scale variety.

My humble opinion. For what it's worth.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else click on this thread thinking the OP was excited because they'd heard there's going to be a new PvP zone? :D

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing one of the two annual dungeon DLCs be replaced by a new PvP zone. I buy all chapters and DLCs for the sake of completeness, but I seldom if ever play the dungeon DLCs, so skipping a dungeon DLC in order to add a new PvP DLC would be fine by me.

I know that isn't the OP's suggestion, but I'd rather see a brand new PvP DLC than to see Cyrodiil be changed.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Because of bad perfomance and whats more cuz there is no real reason to play it... sieges are boring, every keep is the same (even every attack is the same... 2x MG), there is no real reward, no activities/goal for guilds and organised players (they maintain game, they throw money... casual come and leave). If you want quick fight you go into BG, Cyrodiil is running marathon with nothing interesting. Nothing has real impact. You can jump into Cyro for 1-1,5 hour (at best) and after that you dont want to do it.
    Edited by Suligost on March 31, 2020 9:15PM
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The zone of Cyrodiil is fine, it's the performance that sucks. What makes you think these devs are capable of designing a new PvP zone with better performance?

I never played WoW and that is completely irrelevant to my opinions of ESO.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Because of bad perfomance and whats more cuz there is no real reason to play it... sieges are boring, every keep is the same (even every attack is the same... 2x MG), there is no real reward, no activities/goal for guilds and organised players (they maintain game, they throw money... casual come and leave). If you want quick fight you go into BG, Cyrodiil is running marathon with nothing interesting. Nothing has real impact. You can jump into Cyro for 1-1,5 hour (at best) and after that you dont want to do it.

Cyrodiil is an awful mess. Im well aware, and there’s almost zero chance it will go back to how it used to be. One full campaign with significantly reduced population caps is “a lot” of players now.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TL;DR - OP proposes to remake Cyro into another PVE snoozefest zero danger zone and create small map with several keeps for those who want to siege.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO will last but ESO player base is so young and aint rly experienced with the games..

What bubblegum machine did you buy this little sliver of assumption out of?

Most of the people I know that play this game are over 30 and have played many video games for decades.

Sorry I dont agree nor like your idea. Its a half baked mish mash of stuff thrown together that flies in the face of what people who actually play PVP in this game want.

PVP and PVP SHOULD NOT BE MIXED PERIOD.

Most of the people that play in Cyrodiil play there because they like the LARGE format of it with large battles
    We already have IC and BG for smaller PVP format.

Making keeps into guild halls? What happens to that guild hall when it gets captured by the opposing team or some other guild claims it,. What would be the point of putting the effort into it just to have it taken over by another guild/opposing team.

Are you just suggesting some sort of GVG format?
    I would agree a GVG format would be great additon but not as a replacement for Cyrodiil as is.

PVP is a mess right now because of the recent updates, it may never be fixed but I would never play your suggested version of PVP and I think it would be a big NOPE for people that still try to play PvP in Cyrodiil

What will fix Cyrodiil is fixing performance, period. It used to run much better and it should be able to again if the Devs get off their duffs and do what needs to be done whether it be get rid of Akamai (spelling?) for another system or reducing particle effects or something. If it cant be fixed then the Devs should just come out and outright say it instead of stringing the playerbase along like this with no communication for so long. If it cant be fixed, say it, and be done with it.
    Edited by Katahdin on March 31, 2020 9:37PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breaking News.

Cyrodiil fixed by end of 2020.

👌
  • Somers23
    Somers23
    ✭✭
    just remove everything except the emp circle
    Edited by Somers23 on March 31, 2020 9:43PM
  • Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

ESO will last but ESO player base is so young and aint rly experienced with the games..

What bubblegum machine did you buy this little sliver of assumption out of?

Most of the people I know that play this game are over 30 and have played many video games for decades.

Sorry I dont agree nor like your idea. Its a half baked mish mash of stuff thrown together that flies in the face of what people who actually play PVP in this game want.

PVP and PVP SHOULD NOT BE MIXED PERIOD.

Most of the people that play in Cyrodiil play there because they like the LARGE format of it with large battles
    We already have IC and BG for smaller PVP format.

Making keeps into guild halls? What happens to that guild hall when it gets captured by the opposing team or some other guild claims it,. What would be the point of putting the effort into it just to have it taken over by another guild/opposing team.

Are you just suggesting some sort of GVG format?
    I would agree a GVG format would be great additon but not as a replacement for Cyrodiil as is.

PVP is a mess right now because of the recent updates, it may never be fixed but I would never play your suggested version of PVP and I think it would be a big NOPE for people that still try to play PvP in Cyrodiil

What will fix Cyrodiil is fixing performance, period. It used to run much better and it should be able to again if the Devs get off their duffs and do what needs to be done whether it be get rid of Akamai (spelling?) for another system or reducing particle effects or something. If it cant be fixed then the Devs should just come out and outright say it instead of stringing the playerbase along like this with no communication for so long. If it cant be fixed, say it, and be done with it.

I dont care how old you are, you can be 60+ and still have no idea about mmorpgs. If you havent play games that had such ideas (ohh, Im not even trying suggest Open world pvp without possibility toggle it off... but yea games with that existed and lived 10+ years). In fact the idea of something new or anything I mention just prove you never seen it in action, you dont know would it work and for you? Single most likely player is scary. Generally ESO players are worse when it comes to new things then 65+ years old people xD
    Edited by Suligost on March 31, 2020 9:56PM
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a sneaking suspicion this is a clown thread.
  • Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭

Wont be suprise amonng threads "my class is bad", "I want my buffs back", "Why PvP sucks", "ESo servers bad", "OMG so much grind"... you are clowns not even the threads.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Upgrading keeps is to help make them easier to defend (also give purpose and goals) and control while PvE open world is easier then Skyrim on easy mode and after doing usually maing quest there is nothing to do and point is to make unpredictable. And they should be affected by % because people that actually put an effort into game can be rewarded for their time (its little boost that matter for some people but causals aint into hardcore calculations anyway, so it wont make any difference to them). Many mmos done it and people played like 10 ten years, longer then ESO will last but ESO player base is so young and aint rly experienced with the games. Its hard to implement anything into the game when or listen to player by devs if the playerbase doesnt rly know what they want but surely they "want something new".

Upgrading a keep for better defense doesn't make sense for PvP. PvP is player vs player and fortifying keeps takes away from that aspect.
    There is no player control of the PvE zones by design and that is how the game should remain. How easy overland content can be is a whole different matter. I wouldn't mind seeing a random spawn of a super boss or even a horde of NPCs appear outside a town from time to time to add some spice to the zones but no way should anything PvP be involved.

Casuals would complain about insignificant increases as they do now. It is the nature of how things are. Look at how vocal people get when it is suggested if they don't want to do DLCs they shouldn't queue for random dungeons. They throw a fit over that XP boost.
    This isn't many MMO's. This one is unique in a few ways. That uniqueness is what makes it popular. Instead of turning this game into just another vanilla MMO people that find those other types of MMOs fun should go play those MMOs.

There is no way you can know the demographics of the player base. None of us know how old the majority of players in the game are. We also don't know what the majority want because the vast majority do not visit these forums. It is very condescending to assume because people do not agree with you they don't have game experience nor do they really know what they want.
    People have been predicting the demise of ESO since beta.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Did anyone else click on this thread thinking the OP was excited because they'd heard there's going to be a new PvP zone? :D

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing one of the two annual dungeon DLCs be replaced by a new PvP zone. I buy all chapters and DLCs for the sake of completeness, but I seldom if ever play the dungeon DLCs, so skipping a dungeon DLC in order to add a new PvP DLC would be fine by me.

I know that isn't the OP's suggestion, but I'd rather see a brand new PvP DLC than to see Cyrodiil be changed.

Are you wanting a new zone to replace Cyrodiil? That is the only way a new zone might work. The PvP community is small enough as it and dispersing it across new content would be detrimental to the game.
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭

Wont be suprise amonng threads "my class is bad", "I want my buffs back", "Why PvP sucks", "ESo servers bad", "OMG so much grind"... you are clowns not even the threads.

I put a Poll thread up on this very subject less than 48 hours ago. But I can keep your inferior one at the top of "recent discussions" if you like.

😏
This discussion has been closed.