Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Corn flower

Q_Q
Q_Q
✭✭✭
Can someone explain to me the logic behind 1k corn flower prices and ~50k spell pots..and declining ? Is this because the game is dead an there aren’t people to farm? I mean I got ignored for making an offer that wasn’t 800g Q_Q
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absurdly rich players buying off all the flowers from the market, thus practically having monopoly on Corn flower sales.
    That way they can sell them at any price they want, since they're the only source you can buy it from, except farming them on your own.
    Rich ppl getting richer, just like RL world.
  • Q_Q
    Q_Q
    ✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    Absurdly rich players buying off all the flowers from the market, thus practically having monopoly on Corn flower sales.
    That way they can sell them at any price they want, since they're the only source you can buy it from, except farming them on your own.

Eh in a matter of a couple hours I bought 2500+ Corn flower for 300-450g ea so they are def out there!
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is not dead.
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The consequence of the crafting bag.
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Q_Q
    Q_Q
    ✭✭✭
    ItsMeToo wrote: »
    The game is not dead.

Is this confirmed?
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Corn Flower is pretty easy to farm. Just go to Craglorn and you will get tons of free ingredients and materials.

Since some people try to make a fortune by selling a few herbs, I ve stopped spending a single gold piece for that stuff a long time ago and farm what I need.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q_Q wrote: »
    ***5h wrote: »

Eh in a matter of a couple hours I bought 2500+ Corn flower for 300-450g ea so they are def out there!

They are out there, but obviously rare since it took you 2 hours to buy 12 stacks of most common selling item. If everyone sold them for 450g it would take you 15 sec.
    On PC EU i sell mine for 500g a pop and they go in a matter of couple of hours.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corn Flower is pretty easy to farm. Just go to Craglorn and you will get tons of free ingredients and materials.

Since some people try to make a fortune by selling a few herbs, I ve stopped spending a single gold piece for that stuff a long time ago and farm what I need.

Circles around Hollow City are more efficient if there is not much people around.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    $100 bills just growing at your feet... whoop money might not grow on trees but it does grow in the grass.

it is possibly due to some market monopolisation of traders, looks like a business opportunity to me, disrupt that market!
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »

Circles around Hollow City are more efficient if there is not much people around.

No craglorn is waaay better. Everyone go there, you can become billionair within days there.
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's partly because mag comp are very strong this patch which is by no means a bad thing. That said mag comp + less farmers + rich buying low selling high is a recipe for very expensive corn flower.
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just farm. They're all over the place. In-fact just do regular questing and you'll get tons of them.
    Edited by RD065 on March 31, 2020 9:16PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alchemy Surveys are the best way I have found to farm them... Do your Alchemy writs on a few characters a day and save the surveys and you will have plenty.
    Playing since beta...
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent an hour running around in 3 different zones trying to farm a single corn flower a couple of nights ago. Columbine and Dragonthorn everywhere, and yes I took it all but to not see a single corn flower was nuts. Isn’t the stuff supposed to be common?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    robpr wrote: »

No craglorn is waaay better. Everyone go there, you can become billionair within days there.

I find that Craglorn is more profitable due to nirncrux when I'm farming everything. Maybe its my instance on PC/NA, but Hollow City is much more efficient than Craglorn if I just want Cornflower.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent an hour running around in 3 different zones trying to farm a single corn flower a couple of nights ago. Columbine and Dragonthorn everywhere, and yes I took it all but to not see a single corn flower was nuts. Isn’t the stuff supposed to be common?

It shares the same spawn points as the other non-water flowers. So if other players are harvesting the cornflower but not the other flowers, then it effectively winds up spawning less. In all likelihood, if you had backtracked along your path, you might have found more since you were clearing all the spawn points.

That's one of the reasons the Hollow City loop is pretty efficient for cornflower. Even if there is competition, players are generally farming all of the flowers, so the respawn rates are pretty good.
  • Q_Q
    Q_Q
    ✭✭✭
    Q_Q wrote: »
    ***5h wrote: »

They are out there, but obviously rare since it took you 2 hours to buy 12 stacks of most common selling item. If everyone sold them for 450g it would take you 15 sec.
    On PC EU i sell mine for 500g a pop and they go in a matter of couple of hours.

2 hours isn’t rare that was an estimate could have been less or more but rare is aether I’ll dust imothats where the line for rare starts...and ends currently besides cipher.
  • Q_Q
    Q_Q
    ✭✭✭
    Farming is great and all but when I sell thousands of pots a day I can’t nor will I farm that many :)
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blame the game for not spawning enough. It really seems like you cannot find it even in a dead zone. Maybe its bugged, but you know, ZOS doesn't seem to care...
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have a lot of corn flower saved up because i never use potions... never had a need to for some time. food yes but potions not so much. 50k potions with cornflower? Thanks for the heads up... time for some cha-ching
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they sell for 550 - 650 on both eu and us servers pc
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is exactly what is happening. I have been using this ingredient religiously for years, and the price has held steady, through all the influx and declines in population, all expansions and chapters, at 450-500. Over the last few months though you have had people with tons of gold gobbling up all the cornflower and reselling them at inflated prices, manipulating the market. It was a sudden, extremely noticeable change for someone like me who relies on them. One day they suddenly just exploded in price.
  • sunpoebow
    sunpoebow
    Also daily writs are sucking them a lot. On contrast you don't get much of it from completing the writs like other ingredients. Something's not right about that particular flower for sure. The balance is broken for that flower hence the price is insane.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can main a stam dps or a tank, neither require corn flower.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sunpoebow wrote: »
    Also daily writs are sucking them a lot. On contrast you don't get much of it from completing the writs like other ingredients. Something's not right about that particular flower for sure. The balance is broken for that flower hence the price is insane.

Don't do Alchemy writs at level 1 or 2. Then you won't use corn flower at all.

That said, with the anniversary event starting on the 2nd... it's gonna be in even more demand.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It shares the same spawn points as the other non-water flowers. So if other players are harvesting the cornflower but not the other flowers, then it effectively winds up spawning less. In all likelihood, if you had backtracked along your path, you might have found more since you were clearing all the spawn points.

That's one of the reasons the Hollow City loop is pretty efficient for cornflower. Even if there is competition, players are generally farming all of the flowers, so the respawn rates are pretty good.

I was running the same loop over and over and kept getting the same spawns. First time it has happened to me. The day before I ran the same loop and got 3 in probably 15-20 minutes. I am hoping it’s a one off but in a couple hours of farming lore books today I didn’t come across a single one either. Tons of clothing mats though, like enough to garner some serious gold just by refining and selling.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RD065 wrote: »
    Just farm. They're all over the place. In-fact just do regular questing and you'll get tons of them.

Never ceases to amaze me. "Regular questing" i know it may shock you, but questing is not the primary activity of people who require cornflower. Considering mobs die to light attacks, using pots to fight them would be ridiculous
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easily: Supply and demand. :)
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And no, it's not because the game is dead, it's just cause people have other priorities then smelling the flowers ;)

Not saying it's a good change, but you won't get me to say it's bad, I'm rich cause people are more focused on group content, trials, pledges, whatever. Meanwhile, I get rich off stopping to smell the flowers once in a while... :D
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are more than 250 traders in the game. No way players have some kind of monopoly going.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."