The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Corn flower

• Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    Alchemy Surveys are the best way I have found to farm them... Do your Alchemy writs on a few characters a day and save the surveys and you will have plenty.

^this^
    For every, single, material, in the game.
    All you need is 6 char and 20min of your time.
    The more you've char the more survey and material you'll get per day.

I've ton of everything (2k+ corn) I craft and use pot every day, and never had to buy or farm something except Chromium (stupidly long to get because the need of 10 for 1...)
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surveys are great, but if the only time people "waste" time touching herbs, are surveys... I can tell if i ignore nodes otw to whatever im doing, even with 6 writters and their surveys, from stock and gold - and now I'm kinda nuking my own business. I *love* seeing 20+ people zooming past nodes, and I'm giving up my mount, cause there's just too much to pick up to bother re-mounting, I'm happy lol!

Yes, please, stick with surveys, we'll both be happeh! <;D
    Edited by InaMoonlight on April 1, 2020 3:28AM
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it was really only the fault of rich players we would have seen this happening a long time ago. If you do not Like the price just don't buy them and get them through some other means. BASIC economics dictate that if something does not sell, the price has to go down sooner or later. Imputability is on both sides, nodoby will sell corn flowers for 1k if people don't buy it, this Also applies to the real world the laws of economics are the same
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sunpoebow wrote: »
    Also daily writs are sucking them a lot. On contrast you don't get much of it from completing the writs like other ingredients. Something's not right about that particular flower for sure. The balance is broken for that flower hence the price is insane.

Not my experience at all, I tend to get them fairly often in my rewards. Now Mudcrab Chitin on the other hand....
    Edited by Bucky_13 on April 1, 2020 5:39AM
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surveys are great, but if the only time people "waste" time touching herbs, are surveys... I can tell if i ignore nodes otw to whatever im doing, even with 6 writters and their surveys, from stock and gold - and now I'm kinda nuking my own business. I *love* seeing 20+ people zooming past nodes, and I'm giving up my mount, cause there's just too much to pick up to bother re-mounting, I'm happy lol!

Yes, please, stick with surveys, we'll both be happeh! <;D

I do pick up Corn Flower and Columbine whenever I see them outside of surveys since they're worth the dismount, but the advantage of surveys is that they guarantee at least 4 Corn Flowers if you're patient enough and know how they work. Or more if you're really patient.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    Q_Q wrote: »
    ***5h wrote: »
    Absurdly rich players buying off all the flowers from the market, thus practically having monopoly on Corn flower sales.
    That way they can sell them at any price they want, since they're the only source you can buy it from, except farming them on your own.
    Rich ppl getting richer, just like RL world.

Eh in a matter of a couple hours I bought 2500+ Corn flower for 300-450g ea so they are def out there!

They are out there, but obviously rare since it took you 2 hours to buy 12 stacks of most common selling item. If everyone sold them for 450g it would take you 15 sec.
    On PC EU i sell mine for 500g a pop and they go in a matter of couple of hours.

Absolutely - as most hubs offer it for 600g. But even on PC EU one can get them for about 400-450g in a decent amount.

I stay away from buying smaller amounts though - newer players need a chance to buy them as well and they often lack the money to buy it stack-wise.
    Edited by Lysette on April 1, 2020 6:04AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be rich or farm your own. Or slot a skill or 2 that gives you those bonuses. Assuming your not doing competitive stuff.
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cornflower i have plenty of.... jode and mud crab chittin i have few...
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • Q_Q
    Q_Q
    ✭✭✭
    I really don’t think that’s what is is guys. I do not think the rich are hoarding and selling high. I was rich, ***’s prob got to do a lot with lack of farmers.
    Aznarb wrote: »
    kojou wrote: »
    Alchemy Surveys are the best way I have found to farm them... Do your Alchemy writs on a few characters a day and save the surveys and you will have plenty.

^this^
    For every, single, material, in the game.
    All you need is 6 char and 20min of your time.
    The more you've char the more survey and material you'll get per day.

I've ton of everything (2k+ corn) I craft and use pot every day, and never had to buy or farm something except Chromium (stupidly long to get because the need of 10 for 1...)

Some ppl have more important things to do then sit thru 6-20 or even 40 load screens for a few corn flower on each too. I’d rather keep making my 500k on every thousand I sell :)
    Edited by Q_Q on April 2, 2020 3:13PM
  • Q_Q
    Q_Q
    ✭✭✭
    It’s not about being rich or not lol idk how rich I am not paying over 500 for cornflower..and tbh I haven’t had to the thread was just, simply, why are ppl acting crazy with 1k ea prices etc
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Easily: Supply and demand. :)

There is supply and demand, and then there is market manipulation.

Supply and demand usually causes a slow steady rise in prices.

Market manipulation is a sudden price hike.

What we are seeing here is a sudden price hike, aka, market manipulation. Luckily we still have people selling them at the actual recommended prices, and those are who I will always give all my gold. I do not reward greed.