The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Direct damage?

Tapio75
Tapio75
✭✭✭✭✭
What does count as direct damge? Light and heavy attacks with weapons? How about staff heavy/light attacks? Weapon abilities?
>>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yhanks. Gonna watch that whole now.. The first minutes though state, that he is going to avoid any lihjy/heavy attacks on the video, so that needs cöarification and clear knownledge. If i add to master at arms, does that buff Staff light/heavy attacks and does it invrease bow heavy/light attacks. As i understand, it at least should work on bow l/h attacks?
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if Twisting path deals direct damage, there is the DoT. So does twisting path benefit from both DoT and Direct damage buffed from CÅ?
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direct Damage is anything that does it's damage instantly, or after a delay, but not over time. Some abilities have both Direct Damage and Damage Over Time components.

I believe Templar Jabs were changed to be Direct Damage a few patches ago though, making them an exception to the "not over time" rule.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direct Damage is anything that does it's damage instantly, or after a delay, but not over time. Some abilities have both Direct Damage and Damage Over Time components.

I believe Templar Jabs were changed to be Direct Damage a few patches ago though, making them an exception to the "not over time" rule.

I see..

So what i gather from the vifd, Twisting path does Direct damage on initial hit so it should benefit from Master at arms, but the rest of the damage id DoT so it benefits from thaumaturge. So if my head scratching is correct, Twisting path and similar should nemefit from Master at arms and Thaumaturge?