Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Earn Ridiculous Rewards During the Jester’s Festival Event!"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
52421fc3a12450605f9c3b7035d8d52f.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for the "Earn Ridiculous Rewards during the Jester’s Festival Event!" blog article.

Celebrate the absurd during the Jester’s Festival in-game event and you’ll earn wacky new rewards and bonus XP!
Staff Post
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So three stupendous boxes per day, and the first one is guaranteed to have a pig fragment? Sounds like someone learned from the debacle of the Murkmire event. :tongue:

I wonder if they'll be tradable so we can help each other get what we need (or make some coin for the people who don't want the pet).

Also kudos for the Animal Farm reference in the picture caption. :D
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great in-depth article (for anyone new to the event) - much more complete than the usual announcements. It's also pretty awesome that the announcement is a week in advance of the event, rather than just a day or two.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Sovereign Sow Fragments be tradeable?

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Echoing my appreciation that the event was announced well in advance and that the pet fragments are guaranteed drops. This is the way it should have been for the Murkmire event.

Plus, 24 tickets is great for an event that only lasts 8 days (and I know, not all days are full days - I'm just using the term to refer to the number of times we're able to earn tickets).
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about... no?

It's the same damn quests again. The same damn quest I've done gazillion times already. The mere thought of doing them again makes me nauseous. And for what? Another frigging indrik? No thanks, already passed on that. (Besides, I don't like spectral mounts anyway.) A silly pet? I'm sure there are some who will find it adorable and all, but I've no use for it. And if it's fragments again, can't even sell them. Bonus XP? Sure... I'm, few points shy of 1300 CP and have like a hundred XP scrolls rotting in my bank. Bonus XP sure sounds mighty enticing.

And the "rewards" in the boxes are just more worthless junk anyway. More jesters banners, vendor trash, and pointless bits of trash I've already collected.

So yeah, think I'll just give a pass on the whole thing. Maybe next year they'll come up with some actually new content instead of just adding more pointless bric-a-brac to grind for, though I doubt it.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    So yeah, think I'll just give a pass on the whole thing. Maybe next year they'll come up with some actually new content instead of just adding more pointless bric-a-brac to grind for, though I doubt it.

Pass on it, then. I don't mind doing the same quests. They are familiar and easy to do. Besides, there are new players that are doing the quests for the time. Why take from them the ability to do these quests?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »

PTS testing experience says no. Princess Pig Fragments went directly into Collections. It was also set up so that you never get duplicate fragments. I got a different fragment each day, and once I had all seven I didn't receive any more of them.
    PC EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PTS testing experience says no. Princess Pig Fragments went directly into Collections. It was also set up so that you never get duplicate fragments. I got a different fragment each day, and once I had all seven I didn't receive any more of them.

Sigh. They did this with the Murkmire event, and what that meant in practice was that eventually, no one saw them again because RNG created duplicates and they were tossed before even being presented.

I know they said "Guaranteed drop within the first Stupendous Gift Box you open each day!" in the press release, but this is ZOS. I doubt that this means what anyone outside of ZOS thinks it means. I figure that it means they will attempt to give you one, guaranteed, but if you already have that piece, you won't see it.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Sigh. They did this with the Murkmire event, and what that meant in practice was that eventually, no one saw them again because RNG created duplicates and they were tossed before even being presented.

I know they said "Guaranteed drop within the first Stupendous Gift Box you open each day!" in the press release, but this is ZOS. I doubt that this means what anyone outside of ZOS thinks it means. I figure that it means they will attempt to give you one, guaranteed, but if you already have that piece, you won't see it.

That's not what happened on PTS. I got a new fragment each day for 7 days. No duplicates, and no days without a fragment until I had them all. I don't believe that there was any RNG in operation. The probability against that happening with RNG in operation is far too high.
    PC EU
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info @RaddlemanNumber7 :)

I still wish we had a physical item to trade to guildies/friends for dupes. Also, it sounds like if you want to get your Sovereign Sow you should be able to get all 7 pieces by doing 1 quest per day and the event is technically 8 days (if you catch the last one after reset and before event ends) so it sounds like it will "work".
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I cook the pig
  • LexBo
    LexBo
    Soul Shriven
    Banana wrote: »
    Can I cook the pig

yes,you can place it on your cooking fire. at home.;)
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    guys anyone can make it clear pls?
    Fragments of two Mementos: the Festive Noise Maker or Jester’s Festival Joke Popper = STUPID BOX
    Runeboxes containing the Cherry Blossom Branch or Jester’s Scintillator mementos = ANY BOX

correct?
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    what about armor style pack?

The entire armor motif was only available by purchasing "Cadwell's Kitchen Style Pack" from the Crown Store during the Jester's Festival 2019.

this year also in crown store? cant find
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Working out nicely. Really glad that for people who have finished last year's collectibles, they can just get all their tickets and the one new collectible piece from doing one Jesters quest of their choice.
    Thanks for doing that ZOS.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on March 26, 2020 4:15PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The mount "ghostly Spectral Indrik" looks nice, but since I don't do events I'm assuming I won't have a change to acquire it.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no quest for the 2020 cake try getting quest from crown store says i already done it (last year) how are we ment to get the cake? last years does not work
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alienoutlaw You're on the wrong event. The current event is the Jester's festival. The 2020 cake won't be available until the Anniversary event which starts April 2nd (also when the current event ends).
    Edited by Aisleyne on March 26, 2020 4:30PM
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to back events. Soon eso will be one long year of continuous events lol. It’s happening! On a more serious note yes thanks for learning from murkmire.
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    Env_t wrote: »
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

The entire armor motif was only available by purchasing "Cadwell's Kitchen Style Pack" from the Crown Store during the Jester's Festival 2019.

anyone?
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

anyone?

I think I have seen it in a game a few hours ago and it is on the site too (in the Featured tab).
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    @Alienoutlaw You're on the wrong event. The current event is the Jester's festival. The 2020 cake won't be available until the Anniversary event which starts April 2nd (also when the current event ends).

yeah i figured that out lol, thanks anyway for the reply
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to thank ZOS for making first drop of the day guaranteed and increasing drop rate.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Necrowerx
    Necrowerx
    Soul Shriven
    Is there really any major benefit to doing the missions for King Emeric and Jorunn Skald-King?
    They don't give any event tickets, just "fizzlers" and party favors. Queen "Aryenn" gives the goodies, far as I can tell ..?
    I'd like to get an Indrik mount because all I have so far is the stock horse; I could upgrade to a better horse but want something a little more exotic.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necrowerx wrote: »
    Is there really any major benefit to doing the missions for King Emeric and Jorunn Skald-King?
    They don't give any event tickets, just "fizzlers" and party favors. Queen "Aryenn" gives the goodies, far as I can tell ..?
    I'd like to get an Indrik mount because all I have so far is the stock horse; I could upgrade to a better horse but want something a little more exotic.

You get the tickets for the first quest you do each day, regardless of which one it is. So it just depends on who you start with. If all you care about is the tickets for the indrik, then you can call it good with one quest each day. If you do all three, you'll get three of the stupendous reward boxes which contain other loot (including the chance to get more than one pig fragment per day).
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for making the princess pig quest easier to do in terms of picking up the apples without getting a bounty. :)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Thank you for making the princess pig quest easier to do in terms of picking up the apples without getting a bounty. :)

Oh yeah, I noticed that change right away. I went from getting about bounty almost every time, no matter how careful I was, to getting it only once, with the same level of being careful.