The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What the heck are you guys doing?

Tabatta
Tabatta
✭✭✭
Hi.

I've been playing this game for three years, and PVE raiding three times a week, 3hrs, for a while too. However, since the "performance patch", playing the game is just... horrible.
People are disconnecting, people experience lag spikes to 1000+. One of my teammates has to be replaced almost every single raid cause he gets 300+ms ping whenever he logs in, be that in overland or in a trial. You may be thinking: he must have a *** internet, or live far from the servers? Nope! His internet works perfectly fine for any other game, and he lives in Frankfurt. He has tried countless fixes (disabling and deleting all addons, checking firewalls, reinstalling the game completely) and nothing has worked. But what's worse is that
1. He is not alone in that case.
2. He did not even bother opening a ticket because he knows he's just gonna get an automated answer "have you tried removing your addon folder", which is just sad.

Meanwhile, what is Zenimax doing? The patch notes today say " The Elder Scrolls Online v5.3.8 has some fixes for the Undo and Burning Embers abilities, the Stone Keeper fight in Frostvault, a game crash, and a couple other smaller bug fixes. Investigations are still ongoing for the ability desyncs and lag, as mentioned in last week’s performance update. The size of this patch is approximately 61MB.". The Jester's event has also started, even though it makes the game unplayable at prime time as the servers are already struggling.

So I am asking, what the heck are you guys doing? Are you actively trying to make people quit? What are those "investigations"? Any other serious company would have daily patches to try and fix the problems that came with the performance patch, or at least would try to keep the community up-to-date rather than just saying "ongoing investigations".

Have a nice day.
Tabatta
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're killing it
  • BearMoose
    BearMoose
    I ran into latency issues of 999+ 3 times in a single dungeon. Longert than it used to be load times.. Its getting ridiculous.
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also been raiding on and off for around 3 yrs. I lead a guild now and we've also had a lot more performance issues in raids since the patch. Yesterday had to end raid because nothing was working, today we can't even log in. Not only is it frustrating but it puts our entire community at risk when we get these issues ruining raids.
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree. i press the skill key and it does not fire off the skills, i sometimes cant even move the character nor even use light attacks, nothing seems to work and i have a minimum of a Constant ping of about 300+ or more and randomly fluctuates way over 1000+ ping and the lagg is insane high and bad as well.
  • itsmanu
    itsmanu
    Soul Shriven
    Yea they fix some boss in Frostvault ,when people like me cant even enter dungeons xd. If you're not in 4man premade group you cant....
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During a 35-minute vSS run earlier today we had 3 random DCs, MT got somehow into state where he can't hold block and my skills would just not fire. Would have to press everything deliberately twice...
  • inkstrider
    My ping is frequently at 999+ since the Jester's festival update, I move my character for a bit with serious lags, get disconnected and then try over and over to login but ultimately give up.
  • GalexPK
    GalexPK
    ✭✭✭
    They are giving free weeks, that will solve the problem! /S
    PC NA:
    Karim Vidal - Altmer Magicka Templar

La'Mahnaz - Bosmer WW Stamina Nightblade

Alba Id - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer

La'Ainaz - Bosmer Vamp Necro

Va'Shir - Khajiit Nightblade

Steam ID: Galexpk
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should improve the quality of both the servers that ESO runs on and the servers that you're connecting to the ESO server through. Blame Germany's poopy service https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/517130/terrible-ping-in-eu-prime-time-german-servers-at-fault

I know we've got the coronavirus pandemic and everyone is staying at home and using the Internet more, but my problems for example started way before corona isolation was even a thing.
    Edited by AgaTheGreat on April 1, 2020 11:13AM
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For most people i know or raid with it started around January - February and now it cripples almost half of our group, be it Britain or Romania, fast and expensive or just regular isp, it's all the same and tracing pceu servers to support does nothing but sending us back to our isp as clearly can't do ****. Wonder if we actually need to wait for some silver bullet or just finally quit this lagfest for good.
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should improve the quality of both the servers that ESO runs on and the servers that you're connecting to the ESO server through. Blame Germany's poopy service https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/517130/terrible-ping-in-eu-prime-time-german-servers-at-fault

I know we've got the coronavirus pandemic and everyone is staying at home and using the Internet more, but my problems for example started way before corona isolation was even a thing.

We have same issues on NA, so it's not entirely if at all Germany's fault :D