The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

VMA Weapon Question

Talyndor
Talyndor
✭✭✭
So...I have run Veteran Maelstrom Arena four times now. As an aside, the loot table s-u-c-k-s! But on one run I did get the lightning staff. (the rest has been useless: swords, a maul, and a shield)
I am running VMA using a magsorcerer two pet build, following Alcast's advice with a necropotence set and plague doctor set.
My question is whether I should start using the VMA Lightning staff on my back bar now for improved dps, or will this mess up my stats? I know I lose the bonus when I switch back and forth, and I have heard that sometimes when you do that, the game gets buggy and doesn't give you back your 5-set bonus when you use switch back to that set, so I was wondering what you VMA vets think about staying with my current build or adding the VMA staff to my build.
Thanks so much in advance!
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I used to run the vMA lightning staff on my backbar for quite a while and never had any problems.
    As an aside, the loot table s-u-c-k-s!

ROFL!
    You say that after FOUR clears?
    Edited by thorwyn on March 30, 2020 11:49AM
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lightning is more preferable for a solo content actually so yeah it's advisable, but be sure to make it infused also.