The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Billing Information question

Zulera301
Zulera301
✭✭✭✭✭
So this is a fairly simple question. If I wanted to buy something (such as a crown pack, DLC, or monthly subscription" for a friend's account, would I get in any kind of trouble for using my billing information on their account to make a purchase?
I understand that there is a gifting system in place in-game for those sorts of things, but I don't see such an option in the ESO website's store.

Basically in short: can I buy crowns/subscriptions/etc for another account using my information? I understand the whole "at your own risk" notion behind it; I just wouldn't want to see either account get slapped with a ban for some infringement that I wasn't aware of/didn't see anything regarding after a careful read of the TOS.
Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
"Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Using your billing information to purchase for someone else may not work as the payment could fail due to mis-matching billing and mailing information.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE so is there any way I could make that purchase for the other account? both parties are willing to change any mailing/billing information necessary (and understand and accept the risks); I just wouldn't want to see either account getting banned or what have you.

(EDIT: it should also be noted that me and this account owner now share a mailing address as well; so that is less of an issue and I do believe they sent a ticket to get their mailing address/country changed sometime earlier this weekend)
    Edited by Zulera301 on March 30, 2020 2:20AM
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to use your credit card in his account?

Here is a suggestion, give them one of those Visa Gift Cards so they can use it on their account.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"