Veteran Imperial City Prison Lord Warden - bugged

kingsforged
kingsforged
✭✭✭
The final boss fight against the Lord Warden is bugged where the "Brace for Impact" synergy whilst falling doesn't activate. It seemed to work once or twice for a couple of the group, then stopped working for everyone causing wipes and a failure to complete the dungeon.
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that. I ran this dun 2-3 times lately (last time today). This bug seems random (everyone may be affected) making completing that fight really frustrating and no death run - impossible.
    PC EU
    /script JumpToHouse("@Paramedicus")

↑↑↑ Feel free to visit my house if you need to use Transmute Station or Trial Dummy with buffs (look for Harrowing Reaper) ↑↑↑
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord Warden is the bane of my achievement hunting existence atm. I've seen just about everything at this point: brace for impact not working for random group members at random times, one portal, two portals, three portals, four portals or no portal phase at all... the more often you start a fight the more likely it is to bug out in my experience, not just in ICP, but everywhere.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    ethuiliel wrote: »
    Lord Warden is the bane of my achievement hunting existence atm. I've seen just about everything at this point: brace for impact not working for random group members at random times, one portal, two portals, three portals, four portals or no portal phase at all... the more often you start a fight the more likely it is to bug out in my experience, not just in ICP, but everywhere.

Was really annoying, me and a guildmate we're trying to get the monster set for our alt tanks... rinsed everything, then fail because of a stupid mechanic bug.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. Happened to me tonight. You need to hit your swap weapons key then hit X (or whatever bind you have.) sometimes back and forth.
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not only on Vet, it happens on Normal too. Any words on a fix? is ZOS aware of the problem?
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    My group had BRACE bugged too.
  • Solace1981
    Solace1981
    ✭✭✭
    Guess I'm not the only one.
  • Solace1981
    Solace1981
    ✭✭✭
    Can ZOS at least acknowledge the problem???????
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    Yes. Happened to me tonight. You need to hit your swap weapons key then hit X (or whatever bind you have.) sometimes back and forth.

Tried this, seemed to work about 50% of the time lol
  • mimisapje
    mimisapje
    ✭✭✭
    Yep same happened to me last night and my group.
    Everything was working rather well up until the end boss.

The issues what we had were
    - Synergy not activating
    - People getting the portal animation drop and fall when there was no portal nearby
    - Non-used portals not dropping players
    - 3 & 4 portals at once
    - taunt skills from tank not activating/doing anything (seems a common bug in eso with skills not activating and such)

We tried hard mode a few times and then without, but even that didn't work as half the group died during the portals with the synergies bug. We had to force quit that dungeon.
    PC EU
    Falure - Breton Templar - Healer
    Lady Aurora Bellamont - Breton Templar - PVP
    Meluse - Imperial Templar - DD
    Nahzgra gra-Shatur - Orc Sorc - DD
    Elvanari - Breton Sorc - DD
    Ghathwen - Bosmer Warden - DD
    Nirathwen - Imperial Necro - DD
    Orci Porci - Orc Necro - DD
    Lexus Attius - Imperial DK - Tank
    Araure - Redguard NB - DD
    Mazikeen The Soulless - Breton Necro - DD
    Naevas of House Redoran - Dunmer DK - PVP
    Alisenwe - Altmer NB - DD
    Daddy Dawnbreaker- Breton Templar - Tank
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last time I ran vICP HM we didnt get any portal phases, we did have two shade phases. I was tanking and it appeared that the dps was quite high so maybe mechanics overlapped or something.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    Last time I ran vICP HM we didnt get any portal phases, we did have two shade phases. I was tanking and it appeared that the dps was quite high so maybe mechanics overlapped or something.

Yeah you can just nuke past it if you have the DPS. It seems to become more likely to happen the more portal phases you go through. With 1 portal phase on my tank we made it through just fine, when I went again with my healer by the 2nd portal phase it was totally broken and wouldn't work for anyone in the team. We tried about 5 times, but every time it refused to work for at least 2-3 of the team. Had to give up in the end, I'd had enough.
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no reaction from ZOS...
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can confirm this was happening on Xbox EU yesterday.
  • Sigerk
    Sigerk
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm, frustrating as all hell, please fix it.
  • Solace1981
    Solace1981
    ✭✭✭
    Been broken for at least 2 weeks. Complete silence from ZOS. On everything really. Just waiting to collect that Greymoor money.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, same here. Bugged big time.
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another try to get the attention of ZOS. This is still bugged!
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no reaction by ZOS to this buggy fight...
  • xinecallaw
    xinecallaw
    ✭✭
    I have had this bug occur many times. On several occasions I will hit synergy, get the sound effect and brief animation that occurs when you successfully do the mechanic and still have the hit synergy message, and I do it again and get the animation w/ sound and still I hit the ground dead. On some occasions the second or third activation will work and I do not die to fall damage. It seems like the server is failing to register the activation.
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gonna keep pushing this up. I wonder how long we get ignored.
  • Solace1981
    Solace1981
    ✭✭✭
    Djiku wrote: »
    Gonna keep pushing this up. I wonder how long we get ignored.

Its never going to be acknowledged. Sorry man.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira
    ✭✭✭
    A few days ago I ran this dungeon to help a guildie get the helmet, we were also dying from "brace for impact" not working 50% of the time. One group member told us to just spam X throughout the fall; it worked every time this way. Might be lucky RNG though, never know with ESO.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks, we just wanted to let you know that we have seen your posts and we are investigating this. Thank you for taking the time to provide your reports.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks, we just wanted to let you know that we have seen your posts and we are investigating this. Thank you for taking the time to provide your reports.

Thank you for taking note!
  • Kingpindragon
    Kingpindragon
    ✭✭✭
    It happened to my group today. :'(

https://youtu.be/2sgdKfOtrj4
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭
    It's happening to my group right now. I'm DPS and it's not working at all. Tank's is not working at all. Healer's seems to be working. Other DPS says his worked. Vet ICP HM or not HM, doesn't matter. Can't beat him like this. Group has tried at least 10 times. I logged out all the way and back in, and it seemed like maybe it was working in our next fight for me. Tank also logged out, but it still didn't work for him.

I ran into this same problem a couple weeks ago when ICP was up as a pledge. At least two others in our PUG, not me, could not get the falling synergy to work no matter how many times they tried.

I'd really like to beat that dungeon on vet finally, but I'll have to wait until it's actually possible. Please, let us know, ZOS.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didnt get the jump phase yesterday, did the final HM boss fight twice but in neither fights we got the Brace for Impact mechanic. Its the third time I didnt get the Brace for Impact mechanic in vICP now, I dont know if dps has something to do with it but group dps wasnt crazy high, roughly 70-80k I think.

The fight went like this: damage the boss, add phase, damage boss, add phase and finish of the boss.

Edited by Septimus_Magna on April 17, 2020 6:40AM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ethuiliel wrote: »

Each protal can be used 2 times and they disappear only after 2 uses. Lord Warden will perioidically summon new portals when there is less than 2 portals. So if someone uses the portal early, you should use that same portal 2nd time to make lord warden summon new portals that everyone can use. If someone doesn't use the portal and dies, the old portal should be removed or they will start stacking.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This problem is not isolated to ICP. In Unhallowed Grave, the grapple hook fails to work in the boss fights unless you weapon swap first, sometimes twice. Given that the swap itself is bugged and doesn't work half of the time, it's annoying to say the least to do the fights that require you to quickly grapple to safety. Yesterday In Icereach, the bosses failed to telegraph their heavy attacks and the fire AoEs, and at one point our group wiped from full health to all dead in an instant without anyone having any clue what happened.

The general level of lag, desync and failures to display telegraphs properly in "busy" boss fights is terrible. Many veteran dungeons and most veteran trials are completely unplayable at the moment, and have been so for weeks.