Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Conga Line of players heading from delve to delve

PKMINDBULLETS
PKMINDBULLETS
Soul Shriven
Heyo Forum, first-timer thread poster here. I have a bit of a question regarding maybe-guild-related/maybe-meta-game-knowledge/might-be-septim-farming occurrence that I just saw on the US PC megaserver.

So I was in Stonefalls, specifically Emberflint Mine, and was doing the typical leveling a casual player does, and saw this literal, as the title states, single-file line of players just standing at the entrance. Making nothing of it, I went on, completed the delve and got the typical delve loot. When I went to the next delve (With the spiders and goblins on a hilltop, name boggles my mind), there they were, the same conga-line of the exact same players!

I'm all used to, having played the game on and off again as a casual since launch, guild-sponsored raids and delve roleplay events, but this was something extraordinary. Now, why post here? Because I want answers damnit! I want to know either if, like WoW, gold farming is now becoming a more regular occurrence (I'd hate to see that happen tbh), or is it normal to see a single file line of players run to the end of a delve?

Thanks for any clarification in advance!
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like Bots to me, if they all has jumbled names and were moving in near unison than it probably was Bots.
    PS NA
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they have odd names and are wearing odd gear it is likely bots. Early on in the game, I lead guild groups through delves, dolmens, and WBs for the silver and gold zones. I usually went to the delve, entered, and everyone traveled to me. We did not wait outside or even enter as a group from the outside. Also, we did not move in a line which is another indication it is a bot train.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen (once upon a time...) another wonderful MMO destroyed by bots: Silkroad Online by Joymax.
    Really hope this is not the case here :(
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »
    I've seen (once upon a time...) another wonderful MMO destroyed by bots: Silkroad Online by Joymax.

I wouldn't worry at all, ESO had many more bots at launch. Now they're pretty rare. In fact, a bot group that I used to sabotage in the east of The Rift seems to have vanished since December
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »

Too late. Bots wrecked Cyrodiil around 6 years ago and are ultimately responsible for the performance issues now.