Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How do i "use" the Primal motife?

Jambo
Jambo
When i try to use it, it says "already known or need - woodworking 7, metal working 6 - tailering 6 or higher. but i have all of these? =/
  • InF13RNo
    InF13RNo
    You need a blue motif book of that kind.
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity...
  • Jambo
    Jambo
    dude.. i have the book...
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a confusing message error? Bug it.. However, I have to wonder if your character level is too low a level to USE the book with your crafting stats that low and primal being an end game book.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe its the skill unlock at those levels of smithing, rather than the skill level of those? Like you need to have put in the skill points to unlock tier 6 smithing, not just need skill level 6 in smithing.
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect that it is the skill unlock for each. It may take a while to reach them. I can't believe you found that! It's the first report of one that I have heard of. Stick it in your bank.
    The Sidekick Order
  • KyleBlessing
    I have the same problem, just found it today. Any answer?
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should not be skill locked. With it, you should be able to craft level 1 gear. It's just taking normal armor you can craft with your skill level and materials, just adding the Primal aesthetics to it.

Are you sure you have the proper materials, and you are trying to forge something with your skill and necessary materials?
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May I ask how you came about the motif?
    [DC/NA]
  • Alexies
    Alexies
    ✭✭✭
    its skill locked, you need to have seven skill points in the material skill of a certain craft I believe.

so you need to be about lvl 35 in a particular profession before you can use an advanced motif. is the part about needing woodworking, blacksmithing (etc) 7 that hard to read? :P
    Edited by Alexies on April 18, 2014 8:41PM
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Alexies wrote: »
    its skill locked, you need to have seven skill points in the material skill of a certain craft I believe.

so you need to be about lvl 35 in a particular profession before you can use an advanced motif. is the part about needing woodworking, blacksmithing (etc) 7 that hard to read? :P

So if I am a Blacksmith and only a blacksmith, I do not need woodworking and clothing to use these advanced Motifs....I just need to make sure my BS skill is above the Motifss requirement, corrrect?

• Alexies
    Alexies
    ✭✭✭
    Zakua wrote: »
    Alexies wrote: »

So if I am a Blacksmith and only a blacksmith, I do not need woodworking and clothing to use these advanced Motifs....I just need to make sure my BS skill is above the Motifss requirement, corrrect?

yeah pretty much, only needs to be in one profession.