Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS: Can we get a general idea about when the PTS will be available again please?

Langeston
Langeston
✭✭✭✭✭
I'd really appreciate it.
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    They are not and have not responded to any requests for an explanation, time frame or any other matter concerning the state of the PTS Server. I am not even going to hazard a guess on what could be wrong as I have no idea. This is something we are just going to have to ride out. The PTS Server will be back online whenever they put it back online.
  • LegendaryOaks
    LegendaryOaks
    ✭✭✭
    i like to pretend theyre working on a fix for the input lag and crashes/disconnecting

i know it wont happen but it keeps me at ease hoping they are
    Full Time Shitposter
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that they are prepping it for Greymoor pts and it will come back up when that's ready. We're about 2 months from release so it's about time we see in on pts.

ZOS is under no obligation to let any of us know the timeframe. PTS is a privilege, not a right.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree down for about a week.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that they are prepping it for Greymoor pts and it will come back up when that's ready. We're about 2 months from release so it's about time we see in on pts.

ZOS is under no obligation to let any of us know the timeframe. PTS is a privilege, not a right.

I neither stated nor implied that I thought the PTS was a right — I simply [politely] requested a time frame.
    Edited by Langeston on March 22, 2020 7:39PM
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, yes, and no.
    PTS is a feature peculiar to ESO, so you may consider that it is a detail taken into account when one decides commit to this particular game. Moreover, ESO is not F2P, so this is even more relevant: in a way, we are customers.
    Many sites, e.g. by Alcast, Xinode and Hack rely heavily on PTS to put together their content, and this in the end goes toward a promotion of the ZOS product.
    Last but not least, you are not obliged to answer a nice question, sure, but good manners advice it
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    The pts is practicing social distancing.
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah and bad business. The players are their customers. Being as such we do have the right to know what is going on with what we pay for. The PTS Server isn't free because you can't use it unless you have an account and paid for the regular game. If they are prepping it for Greymoor that would be awesome but you know what happens when a new release is about to go live. Everything goes into hush hush secrecy.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah and bad business. The players are their customers. Being as such we do have the right to know what is going on with what we pay for. The PTS Server isn't free because you can't use it unless you have an account and paid for the regular game. If they are prepping it for Greymoor that would be awesome but you know what happens when a new release is about to go live. Everything goes into hush hush secrecy.

"We just want to call out this is not Greymoor or Update 26; we’ll be announcing when the Chapter is coming to the PTS when it gets a bit closer to its publish."
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/516401/
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    I've already read that on day one. 2 options on it. It is the truth or a lie.
  • Etrella
    Etrella
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling it will come back ON tomorrow. If not, we might have to catch their attention somehow. Maybe starting 100 of these threads and flooding the forums will spark some action on their part. Just one sentence of explanation is all we need. Is that so hard?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@redspecter23

Have you read the notice Gina posted a week ago concerning the PTS being down? It is so they can test something and states this is not getting Greymoor setup.

Also, OP merely asked for an update on the communication to have an idea of when it will come back on probably because it gets tiring trying to log in every day to see if it is available. No feeling of entitlement, just communication.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

@redspecter23

Have you read the notice Gina posted a week ago concerning the PTS being down? It is so they can test something and states this is not getting Greymoor setup.

Also, OP merely asked for an update on the communication to have an idea of when it will come back on probably because it gets tiring trying to log in every day to see if it is available. No feeling of entitlement, just communication.

Fair enough. I wasn't aware they were doing specific testing. Communication is always nice of course, but if there is no news, sometimes there is just nothing to say.
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    It is probably some kind of testing that we have never seen before. Normally when they are about to take a server down they give day and time period. On this they only gave the day the server was going offline and at this point they really don't have anything to say about whatever it is they are doing. They also have a very serious unrelated problem on their hands which is the XBox One players losing their ESO Plus Membership status. That makes not being able to log onto the PTS Server a moot issue for them right now.
    Edited by Dovahkiin02191973 on March 22, 2020 10:30PM
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »
    PTS is a feature peculiar to ESO

That isn't necessarily true. The use of players to test incoming game features (rather than hiring masses of professional game testers) is a practice that is seen in other MMO, as well. Notably, Blizzard has had a "Public Test Realm" feature for years. I think the main difference is that the ESO Public Test Server is available on a more consistent basis.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just posted in the main thread, but PTS will be opening in just a few moments. Please take time to review the thread we posted here summarizing what's currently on the PTS for an off-cycle test. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just posted in the main thread, but PTS will be opening in just a few moments. Please take time to review the thread we posted here summarizing what's currently on the PTS for an off-cycle test. Thanks!

Thank you.
    [edit] Oh, it's another NB damage nerf. Great.
    Decreased the damage of Light Attacks by approximately 78%
    Edited by Langeston on March 23, 2020 3:30PM
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you dear Gina. I've read the post. It will take a bit of time to get accustomed to such godlike light attacks, but life will be easier for sure for novel and many sub vet players. Eager to put all this to the test, and yes, it's a very big change
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    fiender66 wrote: »

Thank you dear Gina. I've read the post. It will take a bit of time to get accustomed to such godlike light attacks, but life will be easier for sure for novel and many sub vet players. Eager to put all this to the test, and yes, it's a very big change

Just remember, there's a possibility this doesn't actually make it into the game. We're just testing and gathering feedback right now - it's the first time we're trying out some off-cycle testing that isn't tied to a major update.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    WOOT! 😁👍
    Edited by Dovahkiin02191973 on March 23, 2020 5:16PM
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been playing ESO since 2015 and am very familiar with the capabilities of the developers as well as the OUTCOME of their attempts at big changes to the game. This one is going to be disastrous and you'll end up losing even more players. BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please send this to live, this is the best change in ages 😇🤩

Light attack weaving will let you spew skills like a garden hose while heavies will really knock some teeth in 😀
    Edited by Integral1900 on March 24, 2020 7:12AM
  • redTechInc
    redTechInc
    ✭✭✭
    Just remember, there's a possibility this doesn't actually make it into the game. We're just testing and gathering feedback right now - it's the first time we're trying out some off-cycle testing that isn't tied to a major update.

Just wanted to tell you that you're about 8 days too early with these patchnotes. Unless you're using PTS for early april fool's joke testing too now?
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    itsfatbass wrote: »
    Been playing ESO since 2015 and am very familiar with the capabilities of the developers as well as the OUTCOME of their attempts at big changes to the game. This one is going to be disastrous and you'll end up losing even more players. BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BYE! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!!!!! I'm so sick of APM being the single and only qualifier on who gets to complete and participate in certain activities. A WELCOME change!!! While this may not be the solution that finally fixes that, it's great to hear ZOS acknowledge it & that they're trying to address it. Kudos!