The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Argonian metamorphosis

Xargas13
Xargas13
✭✭✭
So from what I read, the way argonian looks, hugely depends on how much he/she ingests Hist sap. So why all argonians relatively look the same, I mean shouldn't be there more beasty argonians, more humanois argonians and some somewhere in the middle? I think it would be cool if they include this, and more interesting, especially for those who play argonians.
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.. Indeed, relatively the same ;). Imagine that Argonian Behemoth wearing that Kassandra's dress :p.

ON-creature-Argonian_Behemoth.jpg

600px-ON-npc-Kassandra.jpg
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    For the same reason that there are only cathay khajiit seen outside of Elsweyr. Not worth spending extra resources making custom player armor for skeletons other than basic humanoid. Granted, pahmar can technically be a player race since they're just upscaled models, but still a matter of how much resources and time ZOS is willing to spend on it.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, the "amount" of hist sap ingested / consumed does not decides about the look. It only reinforces connection with the hist. And since hist is a sentient, intelligent species it is more the will of the hist how to form / shape argonians. So I would assume, that different hists have different needs, personalties and different approach.

In ruins of Mazzatun we have Xal-Nur (one of the bosses) and although he is an Argonian Behemot, he still talks during battle, which implies that he is not an wild beast, but an "intelligent" being (granted, dumber than average :wink: ).

In Murkmire we have Naga-Kur and they also look different (more like Argonians used to look like in TES III & TES IV games) - and it is nice attempt to "connect" the lore, saying that Argonian designs in different TES games are all correct.

Finally we have the most common looking Argonians, but they can still vary, different scale patterns, different horn types, feathers etc.

The point is, it is The Hist that decides how Argonians will look. Each is different, and Argonians Born in tribe A will look different than the one in tribe B, C etc. - Because those have different Hist.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 28, 2020 1:40PM
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to have argonians like this. Now it is not the argonian, but I wonder if they could look like that. :smile:

a34pbppcn73t.jpg

Edited by Xargas13 on February 29, 2020 2:21AM
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »
    I just want to have argonians like this. Now it is not the argonian, but I wonder if they could look like that. :smile:

a34pbppcn73t.jpg

I guess they couldn't, because the creature shown on the picture is more like a Tsaesci rather than an Argonian. My opinion is based on this contraband artwork item. This is an ancient silver mask of the Akaviri design and it depicts the face very similar to the one you wish Argonians to have. So, in other words, you wish Argonians to look like Tsaesci, but I think it is more likely Tsaesci could shift their shape to look like Argonians. Even in that case I doubt the would be any different from the natural ones.

justice_stolen_unique_dragonguard_burial_mask.png
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, the "amount" of hist sap ingested / consumed does not decides about the look. It only reinforces connection with the hist. And since hist is a sentient, intelligent species it is more the will of the hist how to form / shape argonians. So I would assume, that different hists have different needs, personalties and different approach.
    I dont think that is true Argonians can change their gender by injesting hist sap but it is not mentioned that they did so because the hist demanded it.

• Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More in depth lore about Argonians would be ace, seeing different types as we did with murkmire was a really good addition to the game I thought. Also the relationship with the hist changing the argonians to suit there needs, different hisk different argonians, there is so much more of blackmarsh to be added to the game, so we will wait and see :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • korzybski
    korzybski
    Soul Shriven
    Nothing to add re: metamorphosis, just wanted to say that the Murkmire content was my primary motivation for playing ESO.

The idea of sentient-trees, and a symbiotic-relationship between those trees and the lizards... I like it.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Symbiotic is the appropriate word indeed. The naturally polymorphic nature of the Argonians is likely by mutual agreement with the Hist, who facilitate, but don't dictate.