Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Scalecaller Peak Vet - not PUG-able

• akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally can be done with randoms. Did it the other night with:
    810 Tank
    456 DD
    222 DD
    810 Healer

We raged all the way up the hill to the peak. It took a moment for everyone to get the mechs down on the last boss, but everyone was stoked when we finally beat her.

I was with a PUG a time before that and we went no death until the last boss, someone got caught with heavy feets on the carpet.
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭
    meh, SCP is quite forgiving once everyone somewhat understand mechanics.
    PC EU
    /script JumpToHouse("@Paramedicus")

↑↑↑ Feel free to visit my house if you need to use Transmute Station or Trial Dummy with buffs (look for Harrowing Reaper) ↑↑↑
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Just PuGed almost all DLC dungeons, except Scalebreaker (only did those on my first character), on veteran on my new Stamina Necromancer, mostly as tank - I went DD just for vFV. Did HM on the first 3 DLC packs: IC, SotH, HotR, and for DB, WH, WS just veteran w/o HM. For some of them it took a few tries, and I had to dump as many as 3 groups till I found a capable enough one. Most players were naive, trying to use basic but flawed pseudo-rotations like Acid Spray spam, and group DPS was as low as 30K. Predictably those groups failed at the first, or at most the 2nd boss in the dungeons.

I pugged Scalecaller on the archer DPS the other day, and lucked out by getting paired with a strong second DPS. The group roasted the dungeon in 20 minutes, but I get the feeling people assume I'm doing terrible DPS because sometimes I don't get a rez after a messup. Not this particular run, though. I spam acid spray like crazy, is that the reason?

It's usually >25% of the damage I would deal in a dungeon.

https://www.esologs.com/reports/7zp8QTwM9dtCZKNF#fight=1&type=damage-done

We wound up farming Scalecaller a few times for Jorvulds.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    I mean... it's soloable ;)

Yeah but you need a pretty broken build to manage it. a VERY specific kind of build, AND you must play it to the maximum efficiency.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acid Spray is terrible DPS. I don't understand why some people use it in PvE.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done this dungeon several times on normal and vet. Once with guild buds on discord, rest with pugs. It's perfectly doable, just make sure everyone is clear on the mechanics. One thing that can be a hindrance is if one or both of the DDs aren't doing enough damage on veteran.

Simple rule is, you don't queue for veteran dungeons if you can't do enough damage. This isn't to be mean or elitist or such. It's just a courtesy to the rest of the group who are otherwise carrying that one person. Voice isn't necessary but can sure help a lot.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never 100% pugged this dungeon on vet, and not for a lack of trying. I always have at least one other person I know who is good and on comms.
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    Completed it 4 times with pug group.

Failed it about 20+ times with pug group.

I run a healer (for now) so what I do is check to make sure tank really is a tank (i.e., not sitting at 1800 health) and make sure the dps are at least 500cp level. If this isnt the case I leave the group.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MonkLoHan wrote: »
    Completed it 4 times with pug group.

Failed it about 20+ times with pug group.

I run a healer (for now) so what I do is check to make sure tank really is a tank (i.e., not sitting at 1800 health) and make sure the dps are at least 500cp level. If this isnt the case I leave the group.

You should at least wait after couple of trash pulls and see the dps. I've done it plenty of times with some cp300ish dps and had no problems. Some other times all cp810s and totally hopeless.
    If tank is fake then ofc it's not gonna go too well. Although, I cleared it once with 4 dps just for lul's.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its very puggable (and even 2 mannable) with a good tank. (I always tanked so i almost never had a problem). But if group dps is at the usual 45k national average its better off to leave and find a new one because they wont be clearing it unless they were carried.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bow/Bow builds use it becuase what else are they supposed to spam for aoe? lol. They already have endless hail.

Outside Bow/Bow, no one should be using it.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its very puggable (and even 2 mannable) with a good tank. (I always tanked so i almost never had a problem). But if group dps is at the usual 45k national average its better off to leave and find a new one because they wont be clearing it unless they were carried.

I was able to clear vSCP non HM on a dps which did less than 20k DPS and the other dps was dead almost the entire time. you dont need even close to the amount of dps people claim if you do mechanics.

The problem is most ESO players are so afraid of basic mechanics they demand enough dps to skip it all.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »

Bow/Bow builds use it becuase what else are they supposed to spam for aoe? lol. They already have endless hail.

Outside Bow/Bow, no one should be using it.

I'm OK with someone using it in a rotation, but using it like a spammable, without any other skills is simply wrong.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭

I was able to clear vSCP non HM on a dps which did less than 20k DPS and the other dps was dead almost the entire time. you dont need even close to the amount of dps people claim if you do mechanics.

The problem is most ESO players are so afraid of basic mechanics they demand enough dps to skip it all.

Again, "Unless they were carried". Props to your tank for his patience/skill.
  • luizpaulom17
    luizpaulom17
    ✭✭✭
    Long answer: unless if U trying HM, it is possible to PUG. It was challenging cuz most of U are lol CP players with little experience. I know how challenging it can be when thats the case, cuz I was around CP 300 when I did vet for the first time. Once U get 810 with good gear and a lot more experience, trust me, it gets ezy in a way that its not even more fun... Like most DGs in this game... I did it as tank, stam dps, magicka dps... Its a great dg overall, except for the Giant which is recycling, but dps is high in a way that only intense HM fights are actually challenging.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pug possible but not with low cp players,the other day 2 guys from group said they havent finished vet yet
    i switch to my dps mag warden,the new guy got his healer and we cleared in 30 min
    only at Zaan had some whipes but cleared just fine
    my advice: dont aim for top dps but choose ppl who can carry their weight,healer and tank cant do everything for you
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That *swish swish swish* sound of spam is nails-on-chalkboard-level.
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've pugged it a few times. It's pot luck whether you get great players who know the mechanics, players new to the dungeon and need a bit of help with the mechanics (which is fine, as long as you say something before the fight, so I know and can explain.) or players who honestly seem to be trolling (I'm talking LA, no skills users.)

To be honest, I get more satisfaction out of helping a player who's never done the dungeon before, get their first clear, compared to running it with someone who is clearly no stranger to the mechanics, and can breeze through everything.

@AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    False, it either takes 4 hours or high ass dps tho.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭
    vSCP is balanced well, when it comes to DPS-required vs mechanics awareness. There is no single fight where high DPS is overly promted (often quite the opposite) beside last boss (which mechanics arent that hard anyway).

lowish CP but organized team will do fine there. Same for OP ppl melting stuff.

However, this dung may be nightmare for average teams where people dont obey mechanics. Yes, it will take 4 hours if you think you are great DD with 60k dps team damage, so you can just YOLO tru that dung.

SCP is one of best desiged dungs IMO. Compare it to LoM with its DPS checks.

Edited by Paramedicus on March 14, 2020 9:49AM
    PC EU

↑↑↑ Feel free to visit my house if you need to use Transmute Station or Trial Dummy with buffs (look for Harrowing Reaper) ↑↑↑
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the first run it really helps to have voice comms but once everyone knows the mechanics you dont really need it.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭
    Another good thing about SCP is that first boss gives you good measure if team can finish whole run. If you see people cleary dont know mechanics and are incapable of learning them, then you can just bail with 5 mins of your time being lost.

vSCP is puggable just not very YOLO-able. And I think people confuse these two. PUG doesnt mean your team must be full of 35k health DDs trying to RP at first boss or steamer-wannabes trying to melt everything (most bosses there punish you for too high DPS = there are no DPS checks!). PUG just means your team will be not so coordinated and optimized and thats it.

SCP is one of those dungs where it is bad idea to go blindly as 1st timer. Just don't go blind there and don't force yourself to carry people who are too lazy to learn or listen. This advice can be applied to most DLCs anyway.
    Edited by Paramedicus on March 14, 2020 10:11AM
    PC EU

• dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please do explain how a TANK (tanks do next to no dps in ESO) can carry a vet dungeon.

we beat that dungeon becuase both myself AND the tank and healer were able to do basic mechanics, not becuase we had dps to skip it.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭

Please do explain how a TANK (tanks do next to no dps in ESO) can carry a vet dungeon.

we beat that dungeon becuase both myself AND the tank and healer were able to do basic mechanics, not becuase we had dps to skip it.

Quite easily considering the place is soloable to some tanks... I know I've had to clutch rez every individual member on every single boss in that place multiple times to clear. Its definitely in the top 5 for most tank reliant dungeons by far.

Ps its spelled because not "becuase"