The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I'm sorry my dps is too high ZOS but can I please clear VMA?

• DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you need to construct additional pylons.
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    remilafo wrote: »
    dazee wrote: »
    Stage 5 of VMA is literally impossible if you have too much dps. if you accidentally get the giant even a tiny bit too low too early, you will not escape the insta kill platform shatter. GG ZOS. guess having high dps isnt a good thing in their eyes.

FYI I went in straight to stage 5 at max gear durability and all my gear was broken by the time I quit. maybe I Can get a masters or BRP weapon since maelstrom ones arent accessible to people over a certain not so high dps threshold.

just slow down... vMA is not a dps slog fest...

VMA is not a dps slog fest... WHEN LEARNING.

By your third or fourth clear, that is exactly what it is. :wink:

ehh i still don't think so.. I Got Flawless on multiple characters.. Just to be clear im referring to stage 5 specifically. Stage 5 is so much easier with a tank build is just about every way.
  • nud3_voxel
    nud3_voxel
    ✭✭✭
    You know you can use your little legs to change platform?

There is no such thing as having too much DPS in vma, especially if you have never cleared it topkek (since highest DPS builds require vma weapons ). Basically high DPS fights in there means the boss has 50% health after destroying the first platform and is dead by the time he destroys the second.

Just push him before he reaches the first platform. Kill the adds while transitioning to other platform. Then use your ultimate to push the next platform, kill adds while transitioning again and then burn the boss.

Be humble.
    Edited by nud3_voxel on March 12, 2020 11:00PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    round 5 is all about add management and getting the boss where he needs to be when he needs to be there, if as you say your hitting the boss not the add's then you clearly have not yet understood the add phase

OP later followed up that it is add management causing them issues. Actually, trouble being steady with their targetting as they are hitting the boss when they intended to hit adds. I expect this has messed up other inexperienced players and with time and practice rectifies itself as the player is calmer in that instance.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess everyone has already mentioned that you have to follow the mechanics; there is no way around it. The boss breaks a platform at 75% health and again at 45% health. Leave the platform shortly before the boss gets to 75% and then 45% health. Maybe the desyncs are messing with it? Who knows, maybe the boss looks healthier than it really is.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gambino108 wrote: »
    Maybe you should think about finding yourself a competitive dummy parse guild, and leave the actual mechanic based gameplay to others.

My most treasured comment on this thread. I'm still giggling.

<3
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gambino108 wrote: »
    Maybe you should think about finding yourself a competitive dummy parse guild, and leave the actual mechanic based gameplay to others.

My most treasured comment on this thread. I'm still giggling.

<3

The OP left a long time ago ... guessing the picture is clear for them now. ;)