The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Non-Champ Unlock = Scroll Trolls, spies and traitors. I can't take the campaign seriously anymore.

• Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny , I've never seen a faction loyalist with a bad behavior but every time I see a filthy swapper they seem to be the toxic one and trolly one.

There is always good and bad people in groups , factions and clans and I personally have a lot of friends that change factions and I don't really have a problem with the "idea" of swapping factions itself but lets be honest here there are more people that abuse it than the ones that actually use it the right way , which it's balancing the population and playing with their friends Fairly.

Anecdotal evidence. You likely dont see the majority of faction swappers that dont do anything but Play normally since they might not shout out "hey Im a faction swapper but I Play normally, go me!"(atleast I dont, and Im sure many others dont either). I´ve seen plenty of faction loyalists that behave in a bad way, difference is they dont troll they just Insult you and tell you to kill yourself when you dont do what they want so both sides have Players with bad behavior and since neither of us has any numbers saying any Group is in the majority doesnt make sense.
    Here's the thing , by simply having a score indicator in PvP , that just automatically encourages people to fight for a singular Cause : Winning, but there problem is when there is no faction lock , the scores don't really mean anything and for people that are used to it is annoying.
    After all what is the point of fighting a war when there is no goal and cause ? that's what faction lock does , it ruins the score and takes away the thrill and competitiveness of winning the war.
    So why even have a score indicator when there is no faction lock? because people will home whatever campaign that it winning anyways.

I really dont get this Argument About competitiveness. Campaigns get decided by who is better at painting the map in off Hours not by what is Happening at Primetime, faction lock or no faction lock doesnt Change that but with faction lock the Campaign is suddenly competitive while it is not without faction lock?

Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats not a issue related to the campian lock.

I play Locked 30 day campain and see people taking scrolls out of the temple and bring them to the third faction.
    The same with the hammer. Some people hate it that much that they pick it up and throw it in the water.

A faction lock doesn't prevent di**heads from being di**heads.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    Earthewen wrote: »
    The removal of the faction lock on no-cp has made me come back to this game, so I'm pretty happy overall with the changes. People troll (I'm assuming your talking about scroll carrying stuff) regardless of faction lock or not. And when they relocked the campaigns, quite a few people actually started trolling in spite and out of protest because of the reintroduction of those locks. All those locks did was prevent players (tended to be small scale ones and solo ones) from playing with each other, alongside not being able to play half of our characters.

I've heard this before to be honest, and I found it an argument that was lacking back then. If you want to play with your friends on an unlocked campaign, do so. But there are plenty of people who prefer the locks. We play on the locked campaign. There is absolutely no reason why we can't have both. I think it's working out quite well, to be honest.

Yes, people will troll. So what? However, if those people really think that trolling out of spite or protest is okay, they have a strange idea of what's okay and what's right. Why not troll ZOS? Why troll us? If you want to play with your friends, go to the unlocked campaign and stop trying to make the rest of us miserable.

I promise you that the attitude of trolls and the resentment they have is only hurting THEM. Not us. If they are so eaten up with resentment that they have to troll honestly good people, they are the ones with the problem, not us.

I do play on a non-locked campaign thanks to ZOS changing it for no-cp. However before in no-cp there wasn't a non locked campaign. And yes I'm aware theres plenty of people who care about faction lock, however theres also a ton of people who despise faction lock and quit because of it (myself included until the reintroduction of unlocked no-cp). And the difference between the two is, faction lockers get annoyed of a very small increase in people trolling scrolls while multifactioners are actually unable to play with all of their friends and characters.

As for the majority of players, they actually don't care either way about faction lock or not. They just want to hop into PvP and fight, which is evident by how players will gravitate to the first listed campaign. It could be locked or unlocked, it wouldn't make much of a difference in population. As for the "trolls" (assuming you mean scroll ones), at least for me I don't care at all about that type of stuff since I'm only in Cyrodill to have some good PvP and don't really care about what goes on in the map.

Well, honestly the 'want to play with friends' is old and worn out...it was non sequester then as it is now. Back when the game started players would say this even though they were free to create another alliance char and play where they wanted....they only had to shift where they 'homed' at to do it. Problem was not a problem. Now, its even less of an issue since you can STILL create any char you wish and play wherever you want with 'friends'.....the real deal here is there are some who in order to make it exceedingly easy to swap around would demand others not be given the choice- ie the non locked. They demand it knowing fully well they could use any char they wanted to play with them, what they wanted really is for others to be drug into the argument against their will so they would be able to move frequently and freely at all times around. Doubt this? Name one single instant where you with faction lock could NOT play with friends- I am sure we can easily say 'log in with your ad, dc, ep and re-home to that camp' and the problem goes poof- even with locks. No locks just means you can bring in every single char to get rewards freely...not play with friends.

Name one instance? Uh, I've been unable to play with half of my friends list which I used to duo in Cyrodill with as we play in different alliances in no-cp. At launch people knew making characters in different alliances wouldn't allow them to play in the same campaign in Cyrodill so the vast majority of players had their mains on 1 alliance.

The issue here is when Cyrodill became unlocked people begun to spread their characters across every alliance so they could play with all the friends they have made over the years from other alliances and suddenly ZOS turns around and locks the campaigns without providing an alliance change feature so you can at least play your characters. Incase you didn't realise, the vast majority of multi-factioners just want to play with their friends and with all their characters and instead we get RPers trying to prevent people from playing with each other and force their viewpoint on people.

And as I stated.....the problem you list is "unable to play with half of my friends list which I used to duo in Cyrodill with as we play in different alliances in no-cp." and here is the solution. If the server was locked, you take whatever alliance you want and you play it there. You have a LOT of char slots and you just make whatever char you want in whatever alliance you want. BOOM.....no kidding, you just play whatever alliance there you want if it were locked. Here is where you have a problem- you cant swap out for a different alliance on the same server if its locked every few hours or daily. THAT IS IT.

So, you get to play with your friends and have always been able to do so in this game. All you have to do is NOT WANT EVERYONE ELSE TO SUFFER BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SWAP HOURLY OR DAILY TO GET TIER 3 ON ALL CHARS.

So ur solution is that people should re grind their characters from scratch just because u have a faction pride in a freaking video game. Got it.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelces wrote: »
    @Kadoin & @Joy_Division

Choices have their consequences. Roleplay aspect aswell, no contradiction at all. I can deal with it, can you?

Indeed they do. ZOS years ago made the choice to encourage cross faction PVE play with One Tamriel.

Fixed.

Nope. Try again.

March 7, 2016: Patch 2.3.5
    ZOS wrote:
    Removed the alliance restrictions for campaign reassignments; you may now have characters from any alliance assigned to the same campaign.

So, that proves exactly what? that you have no will to make your own decisions, just because an option is being offered?
    Edited by Kelces on March 9, 2020 12:56PM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Kadoin & @Joy_Division

Choices have their consequences. Roleplay aspect aswell, no contradiction at all. I can deal with it, can you?
    I find it ironic, that many seem to ignore the fact, that choosing a certain faction is part of the roleplaying experience, while at the same time hating on loyalty of other players and that concept in general...which happens to be another RP element.

If you are not up to this aspect, then maybe you are in the wrong type of game to begin with. :lol:
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    Ah....I see....now its not just about playing with your friends. Its about playing with all your friends at the same time. Even though half are DC- the other half are AD. So all you have to do is talk to your friends and you all a group decide if you want to play together pick a faction. Whats that? You dont want to, you want to swap hourly or daily to split time? Dont care that what you ask for opens the door to zone toxicity and trolling scrolls?

Of course you dont. How about this...explain how you resolve the issue with those wanting faction locks. As I see it your push is not for playing with your friends its about you and only you and what you want. Swappers constantly talk about how many want to swap without locks, and each and every time including this one the non locked tanks horribly. Its because people like you tell lies about wanting to play with friends- stomp around like children in the forums and demand the company supply you with what your little heart desires. You are special. You are.

Just like rikumaru said, people would have to delete most of thier charatcers, then re create and level them all over again to get them into one faction.

People had characters and friends on multiple alliances, then zos just decides to lock the campaigns, causing issues for many people. They could have at LEAST give people an alliance change option per character, that would have solved some of the issues at least.

It only takes a week max now, including psijic questline even. Lame excuse, sorry.

This game had no lock for 2 years. I find it Ironic that you forget that.
    Perhaps if you are not up to the aspect that this game is far from competitive thanks to it's unadaptable scoring system but want something heavily competitive, you are in the wrong game to begin with.

No, I haven't forgotten about that. It doesn't make a difference though, in all the MMO's I experienced one thing remained the same: The players who refuse to play fair are always the culprit. Developers can try what they want, ther are always some people who will find a way to do stupid stuff and ruin the game in the process.

Well since u are so into roleplay let me spit it out for you. Switching sides is actually role-playing. They are called traitors. So suck it up. Role playing isn't something that u throw as an argument whenever it suits u. You are either into role playing or u are not.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    @Kadoin & @Joy_Division

I find it ironic, that many seem to ignore the fact, that choosing a certain faction is part of the roleplaying experience, while at the same time hating on loyalty of other players and that concept in general...which happens to be another RP element.

If you are not up to this aspect, then maybe you are in the wrong type of game to begin with. :lol:
    Ah....I see....now its not just about playing with your friends. Its about playing with all your friends at the same time. Even though half are DC- the other half are AD. So all you have to do is talk to your friends and you all a group decide if you want to play together pick a faction. Whats that? You dont want to, you want to swap hourly or daily to split time? Dont care that what you ask for opens the door to zone toxicity and trolling scrolls?

Of course you dont. How about this...explain how you resolve the issue with those wanting faction locks. As I see it your push is not for playing with your friends its about you and only you and what you want. Swappers constantly talk about how many want to swap without locks, and each and every time including this one the non locked tanks horribly. Its because people like you tell lies about wanting to play with friends- stomp around like children in the forums and demand the company supply you with what your little heart desires. You are special. You are.

Just like rikumaru said, people would have to delete most of thier charatcers, then re create and level them all over again to get them into one faction.

People had characters and friends on multiple alliances, then zos just decides to lock the campaigns, causing issues for many people. They could have at LEAST give people an alliance change option per character, that would have solved some of the issues at least.

It only takes a week max now, including psijic questline even. Lame excuse, sorry.

Perhaps if you are not up to the aspect that this game is far from competitive thanks to it's unadaptable scoring system but want something heavily competitive, you are in the wrong game to begin with.

No, I haven't forgotten about that. It doesn't make a difference though, in all the MMO's I experienced one thing remained the same: The players who refuse to play fair are always the culprit. Developers can try what they want, ther are always some people who will find a way to do stupid stuff and ruin the game in the process.

Well since u are so into roleplay let me spit it out for you. Switching sides is actually role-playing. They are called traitors. So suck it up. Role playing isn't something that u throw as an argument whenever it suits u. You are either into role playing or u are not.

Hey, I'm not demanding anything here. I don't care what people do, but I can decide, wether I like them doing that or not. :wink:
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny , I've never seen a faction loyalist with a bad behavior but every time I see a filthy swapper they seem to be the toxic one and trolly one.

There is always good and bad people in groups , factions and clans and I personally have a lot of friends that change factions and I don't really have a problem with the "idea" of swapping factions itself but lets be honest here there are more people that abuse it than the ones that actually use it the right way , which it's balancing the population and playing with their friends Fairly.

This is a MMO RPG after all , you choose to be a proud Ebonheart Pact warrior and it should stay that way , same thing with other factions.

I've spent thousands of hours in no cp , leading groups and helping my faction win and dealt with countless scroll/volendrung and zone trolls and sure as hell I can tell that faction lock never stopped trolls from being sad miserable wastes of flesh but it did have a great impact on lessening it.
    Not being able to switch to a different faction any time you want helped a lot.

Now for spies , If they are really that miserable to buy a new account just to be pests again well you can't really do anything about it.
    Now let me explain it to you how spies are ; there are few types of them :
    - ones that tell their friends where your camps are.
    - ones that simply read the zone chat to find out your next move.
    - ones that tell their friends where you are stealthed at.
    - ones that follow you around or even get into your group to constantly know where you are going.
    Now imagine that happening to you , would you be able to have fun with that happening ?
    And they always happen to be the ones that support no faction lock , funny right?
    Which ones harder for them to do ? being able to switch whenever they want without a faction lock or buying another copy of the game?

Here's the thing , by simply having a score indicator in PvP , that just automatically encourages people to fight for a singular Cause : Winning, but there problem is when there is no faction lock , the scores don't really mean anything and for people that are used to it is annoying.
    After all what is the point of fighting a war when there is no goal and cause ? that's what faction lock does , it ruins the score and takes away the thrill and competitiveness of winning the war.
    So why even have a score indicator when there is no faction lock? because people will home whatever campaign that it winning anyways.

Now there are other things that ZoS could implement to try keep both parties happy :
    1 - Add a cooldown to switching factions , could be a day , could be an hour but a cooldown would definitely help.
    2 - Add a locked no CP campaign (unfortunately with the game's current state it would be extremely dead).
    3 - Give out better end of campaign rewards to encourage players fight for a cause.
    4 - Placing No CP on top of the campaign list instead of CP.
    5 - Removing the score indicator for no locked campaigns.
    6 - Create a blacklist for those who abuse the game features and troll visible for everyone in the campaign to see.

I don't blame you for supporting no faction lock but don't forget that there are many of you who abuses and it make you all look bad and that is a FACT.

Faction lock doesn't prevent you from talking to people from a different faction so pretty much all ur spy arguments go out the window. They can happen either way.

Campaigns are not competitive because the rules governing the campaign are not promoting a competitive game. If u want people to play for their faction then u need to encourage them to do so. Not force them into one faction. People don't care about campaign scoring cause there is really no reason to do so. You are knocking on the wrong doors.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Kadoin & @Joy_Division

Hey, I'm not demanding anything here. I don't care what people do, but I can decide, wether I like them doing that or not. :wink:

Oh by all means I never said u should like them mate. But they are still role playing so being a faction hopper is part of the game.

So technically faction lock is actually limiting role play. So according to you all campaigns should be unlocked not locked.
  • TKOEF1112
    TKOEF1112
    ✭✭✭

If traitors (more often trolls than rpers) are an RP thing, then maybe ZOS should embrace that and make the traitors attackable by their own faction when they commit acts of treason...like if you drop the scroll without dying and the other faction picks it up, you're flagged a traitor and attackble by the other faction.

Either lock the campaigns or implement in-game or ToS punishments for these jackwagons. They shouldn't be able to get away scotch-free.
    TKOEF1112
    PC/NA, XBOX/NA
    Bladestorm Elite
    A certified lizard, iberophile, and cheesemonger
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What does time have to do with it ?

People don't want to remake multiple characters and grind them up to max level with skills and do undaunted and psijic on them all lol.

And what about mount training ? Does it only take a week to max speed and stamina ?

Fact is people spent time and effort into making characters and should not be forced to do it all over again just to play them or play with friends.

Edited by Crixus8000 on March 9, 2020 9:42PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TKOEF1112 wrote: »

If traitors (more often trolls than rpers) are an RP thing, then maybe ZOS should embrace that and make the traitors attackable by their own faction when they commit acts of treason...like if you drop the scroll without dying and the other faction picks it up, you're flagged a traitor and attackble by the other faction.

Either lock the campaigns or implement in-game or ToS punishments for these jackwagons. They shouldn't be able to get away scotch-free.

I can personally guarantee you that every single one of them would embrace that "4th faction" solution.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    TRAITORS MUST DIE !
  • KINGOFTHESKULLS
    @Sanguinor2 Did I say all of swappers are the ones with bad behavior? No I didn't.
    Fact is , I said there is always bad behavior in all types of groups.

And for competitiveness , as I mentioned being able to switch to whatever faction that is winning simply takes away the thrill of truly winning a campaign for those who care about winning.
    That's why I said there is no point of having a score indicator when everyone can switch to the winning faction.
    I shall tie your mortal limbs
    I shall invade your thoughts
    I shall belittle your aspiration
    I shall obliterate your hope
    I shall break your will
    I shall devour your flesh
    As you perish I shall live
    Sunder And Keening Officer
    Rage Outta Resdayn
    Black Flag Leader
    Lords of the Shaft
    Former Empress
    Overlord
    Pact Forever
    CP 1000+
    Leaves-No-Cross-UnturnedMagSorc
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Sanguinor2 Did I say all of swappers are the ones with bad behavior? No I didn't.

And for competitiveness , as I mentioned being able to switch to whatever faction that is winning simply takes away the thrill of truly winning a campaign for those who care about winning.
    That's why I said there is no point of having a score indicator when everyone can switch to the winning faction.

The thrill of winning is already taken away because of nightcaps, no rewards, people not caring about scoring and campaign rules in general not promoting a competitive game. Forcing people into one faction will not change that.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did I say all of swappers are the ones with bad behavior? No I didn't.

@KINGOFTHESKULLS
    You said that it is a majority of all People that Play more than one alliance that are trolling, spying, turning sieges etc. which imo is a clear Exaggeration, but we both are biased and neither of us has any numbers so if you are in favor, I´d say we just let this particular discussion About how many trolls etc. there are rest and agree to disagree.

About competitiveness, not everyone has to feel the same obviously and if you feel a thrill for "truly" Winning a faction locked Campaign thats great, but the faction lock Campaigns, just like the non faction locked Campaigns get decided in off Hours when next to no one is online and it basically is PvE instead of PvP and personally I dont feel a thrill for Winning a Campaign because my alliance is better at painting the map against npcs in the late night/ early morning, but again to each their own and this is not meant to be an attack on you or something, just me wondering why the best off Hours PvDoor faction Winning is competitive.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Taking campaign score seriously in 2020. Bruh
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    "it's not PvDoor, they have guards"

- Unknown
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX69 wrote: »
    This thread makes me want to dunk some scrolls into slaugherfish again.

People like you are the reason why faction locks were reintroduced. Do it more please be my guest and all campaigns will get locked.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

People like you are the reason why faction locks were reintroduced. Do it more please be my guest and all campaigns will get locked.

I mean, if I get my hands on the hammer for example I usually dump it in the lava or river simply because I think the artifact is a ridiculous tool that never should've been implemented, and in 9/10 cases the hammer ends up in the hands of the enemy zerg. So if I can't make good use of it, better get rid of it so at least the enemy can't use it against us :)

And I still think that whomever picks up the scroll, have the right to do whatever they like with it. If people are worried about where it might go, make sure to pick it up yourself.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The title itself is self-explanatory; however, after hearing of and experiencing issues with moles from the other factions in our groups, people trolling our scrolls belonging to certain other faction guilds, and other treachery, I have decided that I can no longer make non-champ my home.

I knew this decision to unlock the campaign was going to lead to this, and I thought I could make lemonade out of lemons, but ZOS these are some rotten lemons. I'm done. I'm going to Gray Host, whether or not my main guild will.

Ravenwatch, like Blackreach, has become a joke to anyone who wants to play map.

Honestly I didnt even realize this was even a problem....

Mainly becuase the scroll carrier or spy or whatever would just disconnect every hour... or its becuase the game is lagging so hard I dont know how you have time to worry about this stuff since... you know... the game kinda doesnt work:) if anyone has taken cyrodiil seriously in the past 2 or 3 years, it's kind of your own fault lol:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I dont play it- Just how is the new non locked doing with all the 'majority' of players over there playing it? Good fights and good population? Or is it another outright failure as the others have been?
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

You do realize we do stupid things like these exclusively for people like you who take this *** too seriously and get upset, right?
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny , I've never seen a faction loyalist with a bad behavior

So, you have zone chat turned off!

Edited by Mr_Walker on March 11, 2020 1:49AM
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The title itself is self-explanatory; however, after hearing of and experiencing issues with moles from the other factions in our groups, people trolling our scrolls belonging to certain other faction guilds, and other treachery, I have decided that I can no longer make non-champ my home.

I knew this decision to unlock the campaign was going to lead to this, and I thought I could make lemonade out of lemons, but ZOS these are some rotten lemons. I'm done. I'm going to Gray Host, whether or not my main guild will.

Ravenwatch, like Blackreach, has become a joke to anyone who wants to play map.

Who could've possibly predicted this

Oh wait, we all did.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kadoin & @Joy_Division

Indeed they do. ZOS years ago made the choice to encourage cross faction PVE play with One Tamriel.

Fixed.

Nope. Try again.

March 7, 2016: Patch 2.3.5
    ZOS wrote:
    Removed the alliance restrictions for campaign reassignments; you may now have characters from any alliance assigned to the same campaign.

LOL. Very good point and follow up. Some people are quick to reply without thinking things through. Every campaign was faction locked at launch.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a MMO RPG after all , you choose to be a proud Ebonheart Pact warrior and it should stay that way , same thing with other factions.

I've spent thousands of hours in no cp , leading groups and helping my faction win and dealt with countless scroll/volendrung and zone trolls and sure as hell I can tell that faction lock never stopped trolls from being sad miserable wastes of flesh but it did have a great impact on lessening it.

Now for spies , If they are really that miserable to buy a new account just to be pests again well you can't really do anything about it.
    - ones that follow you around or even get into your group to constantly know where you are going.
    Now imagine that happening to you , would you be able to have fun with that happening ?
    And they always happen to be the ones that support no faction lock , funny right?
    Which ones harder for them to do ? being able to switch whenever they want without a faction lock or buying another copy of the game?

Now there are other things that ZoS could implement to try keep both parties happy :
    1 - Add a cooldown to switching factions , could be a day , could be an hour but a cooldown would definitely help.
    2 - Add a locked no CP campaign (unfortunately with the game's current state it would be extremely dead).
    3 - Give out better end of campaign rewards to encourage players fight for a cause.
    6 - Create a blacklist for those who abuse the game features and troll visible for everyone in the campaign to see.

I don't blame you for supporting no faction lock but don't forget that there are many of you who abuses and it make you all look bad and that is a FACT.

Faction lock doesn't prevent you from talking to people from a different faction so pretty much all ur spy arguments go out the window. They can happen either way.

Campaigns are not competitive because the rules governing the campaign are not promoting a competitive game. If u want people to play for their faction then u need to encourage them to do so. Not force them into one faction. People don't care about campaign scoring cause there is really no reason to do so. You are knocking on the wrong doors.

True. Spies were used in the early months of the game when there was no such thing as an unlocked campaign. The groups that form from Zone are the best targets. They are easy to detect if the leader pays attention.

Another tib bit of information. The first scroll was stolen in the first week of the game using a character from the alliance that owned the scroll. Once again, faction lock was in place from day one.

So faction lock never stopped any of this and never will.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

True. Spies were used in the early months of the game when there was no such thing as an unlocked campaign. The groups that form from Zone are the best targets. They are easy to detect if the leader pays attention.

Another tib bit of information. The first scroll was stolen in the first week of the game using a character from the alliance that owned the scroll. Once again, faction lock was in place from day one.

Just a minor thing but I have been told by some reputable sources that even back then when you were not supposed to be able to home enemy factions on a server, many exploiters used to 'guest' the camps as there was hole in game mechanic that allowed them to do that. So, there have been exploiting players since game came out- not so much anything else. The locks discouraged the behaviors and kept things somewhat controlled to just a few vs much larger volume lifting them caused.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a minor thing but I have been told by some reputable sources that even back then when you were not supposed to be able to home enemy factions on a server, many exploiters used to 'guest' the camps as there was hole in game mechanic that allowed them to do that. So, there have been exploiting players since game came out- not so much anything else. The locks discouraged the behaviors and kept things somewhat controlled to just a few vs much larger volume lifting them caused.

'Reputable sources' lol
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ellahellabella

I don't need a "reputable source" to confirm this

I was here when the campaigns were first faction locked and this is exactly the way it was. You could guest on another faction in the campaign.

That said we saw someone grab a scroll on an alt account and run it to another faction in a curret locked campaign a few weeks ago so it does happen
    Edited by Katahdin on March 11, 2020 7:19PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not recall as most of my characters are in one faction. However, I do recall not being able to enter a campaign I had an alt of a difference allainc homed in no matter what I did. So it may have been the case at one point then eliminated later.

Regardless, locks do not really discourage the behavior fans of faction lock think it does. It might pretend it for some that do not have a second account but I guarantee I have played more than one faction in a locked campaign by using my alt account and Zos has publicly stated it is not against the ToS.

Faction locks do not stop anything.
    Edited by idk on March 11, 2020 7:24PM
This discussion has been closed.