The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Motif styles and correct colors for that style?

Tapio75
Tapio75
✭✭✭✭✭
I was just wondering.. Because many dyes are locked behind some hamestyle i cant do due my visual impairment or just dont like doing, i cant get all the dyes needed to get right colors for an armor and weapons..

If i take.. Kets say Daggerfall covenant style motif and apply that and left the colors blank, will the armor/clothing appear in correct factional colors like in crown store prewiev?

Or if i use my Divine prosecutor armor... Leaving the colors blank would not appear as the ones the divine prosecution members are wearing. I need to use colors that are close enough or completely different/wrong.

I think the default colors for any motif style, should be the exact duplicate of NPC using that style so that either the armor would appear true to the lore or if colored, have option to dye however we like. I would also apreciate all colors be available for any playstyle and also have lots of more ption like in GW2, where i can always get the exact color i want.

Tweaking the colors is frustrating because the lightning in mpost outfit stations is as awful as in character creation and what frustrates me even more, is that its never gonna change because that would not be a good business model for outfit tokens, right? :/

Anyway. I think all styles should have the lore colors by default if the dye slots are left blank.
>>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean the default colors for the motif's when dye slots are empty, should appear EXACTLY like in the crown prewiev. Like this nice and expensive Meridian style.. I try to use starlight gold which is brightest gold i can access, its not near what the prewiev is and if i leave the slots blank, its appearance IS golden, but its shabby, old worn look thats more brown than gold. If they sell stuff to people with prewiev like that, the styles should appear exactly as in the prewiev unless we want to dye them to our own liking. I dont believe that all the colors appearing in the motif prewievs are even obtainable for players. It is wrong.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on PC, @Tapio75?

You can take a LOT of the guesswork out of which dyes to use by logging into the PTS server.

ALL dyes are unlocked on the PTS server.

If your character copies aren't on PTS, you can still create a template character and use as many outfit tokens as you like ... since it's the test server.

That way, you can see what dyes work the best before pursuing it's related achievement.

Tapio75 wrote: »
    I would also apreciate all colors be available for any playstyle and also have lots of more ption like in GW2, where i can always get the exact color i want.

If ZOS were to unlock all the dyes, there might be a player revolt ... since every dye is tied to an achievement.

I worked hard for some of my dyes including my Master Crafter achievements, PvP, and Vet Time Trial achievements.

Would rather not see those achievements watered down by all of a sudden giving players all-access.

Just because it works in another MMO doesn’t mean it will work for ESO.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on March 9, 2020 5:28PM