The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to change forum profile picture

VoidCommander
VoidCommander
✭✭✭✭✭
l286oinb1zr6.png
In the picture I provided, I am attempting to select a new avatar picture for my forum account. I am able to select pictures just fine, but there is no confirm button. The only options I have are to highlight a picture or exit. This screenshot is from when I attempted it on my iphone, after having encountered the same issue on my PC. Can someone point out the thing I’m missing here. I feel like it is super obvious and I am just really stupid.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On desktop you just scroll down to the bottom of the little window it opened and either confirm or cancel. Can't check rn on mobile, but most mobile browsers have an option to use the desktop version of a website so you could choose that as a workaround just to change your picture.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC, no matter how much I scrolled down, it wouldn’t even show the bottom of the picture selection. I got farther with the mobile version.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On PC, no matter how much I scrolled down, it wouldn’t even show the bottom of the picture selection. I got farther with the mobile version.

What browser are you using? That seems odd. And when you can't reach the bottom, what is it that's happening? It just doesn't continue to scroll? Or the scrollbar is at the bottom but you can tell there should be more?
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »

What browser are you using? That seems odd. And when you can't reach the bottom, what is it that's happening? It just doesn't continue to scroll? Or the scrollbar is at the bottom but you can tell there should be more?

I’m using google chrome. I tried again on my phone, and scrolled down to the very bottom of the picture options where it displayed “save picture.” I clicked this, the page refreshed, and my picture still did not change.

b2doglb4bdjp.png
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, at least you got to the button now I guess. :D I still see you as using the generic eso ouroboros, so it does seem like the lack of change isn't just on your end. Try again I guess, maybe someone else can offer better help. ^^
    Edited by Raisin on March 6, 2020 10:57AM
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figured it out. Went to my PC computer again, opened up the picture selection, held CTR + mouse scroll wheel to zoom out so I could see the bottom of the window pane, selected my picture (Valkyn Skoria for the win!) and clicked save. At least on the computer it worked.