The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cyrodiil Crashes...

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have had this issue a couple of times now, I have found that if you log into a different character then back into the bugged character it may let you back in. :)

I do appreciate your attempt to help, but if you are in the middle of a battle and the game crashes every few minutes, logging into a different character and then back into the bugged one does not really help with PvP enjoyment. If I am in a group in Cyrodil and involved in a battle, I want to stay logged in for the duration, logging in and out of other characters is not a workaround to crashing in the middle of a PvP battle that you would like to stay logged in for.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • alex_tarrantb16_ESO
    PvP is unplayable for me. I'm lucky to last five minutes before crashing to desktop...
  • Vagenius
    Vagenius
    ✭✭
    I have been fine all day actually in pvp, big groups, solo, either was fine for me. It has just been since I got kicked and had to set up my sub that I started crashing to desktop.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing with me, although it only happens in large groups or when there are a large number of players on screen at any given time.

Might be linked to how the server handles the information its being sent and it can't apparently handle large amounts of the data it's meant to
    The Legendary Nothing
  • phpreesepreub18_ESO
    Same here. Occasional lag solo. But in a group I lag for 3 to 5 seconds everytime someone joins the group. I crash eventually.
  • Phaoryx
    Phaoryx
    ✭✭✭
    I'm crashing in CYRODIIL and in dungeon groups. I may as well be playing Skyrim. I keep sending the reports in. Would be nice to know if this is being worked on or if i can correct it on my end.

Yeah, I've sent a good 30+ crash reports in (including from last beta), and I don't even know if they read them. Doesn't seem so, because this has been an issue for a good 2 months now? Yeah...
  • vstadenerwb17_ESO
    Same here, Cyrodiil is unplayable at this stage, and that REALLY sucks as it was a big reason I bought this. Let's see at the end of this "30 days free game time", I'm sure as hell not letting a subscription go through if Cyrodiil doesn't get fixed.

Not only does it crash CONSTANTLY, I've also been killed COUNTLESS times by invisible enemies. Well, not invisible, they just decide to load as I'm on 10% health, and no, I don't have an old/crappy PC.
  • Daracon_Rage
    /bump

No word on any fixes yet sorry guys....
  • moosedawg71b14_ESO
    I am also having all of the same problems, I can get maybe 20 minutes in when in Cyrodil, then I get the "quit unexpectedly" form. Then, my character is stuck in Cyrodil and can't log in again and either get never ending Cyrodil load screen, or login error and also the "we're sorry" form. All my other characters that are NOT in Cyrodil log in fine. I have been able to fix it temporarily by deleting the saved variables folder and/or setting all graphics settings to low, but again, only temporary and I get maybe another 20 minutes and it starts all over again. Please PLEASE fix this as this is one of the very few games that I actually enjoy PvP in.
  • Melko
    Melko
    My computer is above the requirements to play the game and my connection is 30 mb, still, cyrodiil is unbearable for me.
  • Orin465
    Orin465
    Soul Shriven
    It laged everytime someone joined a group in Cyrodiil, and I got a high end pc - so it's server side issues or the code.
  • Daracon_Rage
    /bump - no word on a fix?
  • Daracon_Rage
    /daily bump
  • padawanchichi
    I'm crashing to desktop everytime there's a big fight. Running with a big group is ok for me but as soon as we encounter large group of ennemies, instant crash.

This is really annoying I can't play at all and participate to the campain.
    My rig is high end and my connexion is 15MB so I guess that a server issue.

Note that I'm playing in a guest campain.
    Edited by padawanchichi on April 17, 2014 7:57AM
  • Daracon_Rage
    I've just submitted a help ticket to ZOS and they told me to load the game, alt-tab and close the launcher.

Since I've tried this, zero crashes in Cyrodiil.

Will test a few more times to confirm.
  • locokrangeb17_ESO
    Yes I have this problem, it got fixed for me by using the low graphics settings but it looks terrible. I am not sure what could be the problem here, but I can imagine that the game asks for much more resources than it can get, so I am guessing the game is not really optimized right for the cyrodiil demands. On the other hand I had absolutely no issues with maxed graphics settings in the PVE areas. The low settings helps with lag also, but the game still has some memory leaking issues and data overflow generally caused by latency.